Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Clean up on aisle... ocean?  (Read 2377 times)

Garfunkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Clean up on aisle... ocean?
« on: July 10, 2021, 02:39:49 am »

During the construction of my naval fort hovering above the ocean, several dwarves lost their lives (and belongings) via falling down into the ocean. Unfortunately, the sea is only one Z level deep around my fort so it's super annoying having to see their corpses plus the other items, seemingly permanently stuck there in the water.

Is there a dfhack script or command that I can use to remove them completely or at least transport them to dry land so I can deal with it? I want my sea to be clean!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clean up on aisle... ocean?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2021, 02:54:24 am »

For artifacts and books, see starting here.

For everything else, there’s the autodump command (note that you may need to unforbid individual items first).
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2021, 06:01:34 am »

If you dont wish to see their corpses anymore, you can just use the mass hide designation after forbidding the objects and corpses first, mainly so that there aren't errors trying to path to retrieve the bodies/demanded objects when you make fresh caskets. Maybe leave a note or a single object visible as a reminder they're there just in case you forget at a later date.

d ( enter designations )

b ( go into bulk designations )

h ( cast over area to make objects invisible )

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2021, 06:48:09 am »

You can also clean thing up using in-game technology using pumps to remove the water above the corpses and stairs built to reach them. In principle you could set up a pump farm to clean a path to each corpse which would allow you to deconstruct everything (as I don't think you'd be able to get rid of the stairs without stranding a dorf in the water).

If you go the pump route, make sure to dispose of the water either into a heavy aquifer, through an off map fortification, or into deplyable drains, as pumping it into the ocean will cause dangerous waves that may well result in additional corpses.

PwndJa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2021, 10:24:48 pm »

apply magma and mine the items out of the obsidian