Poll

This Is The Way:

Palpatine: Do It!
- 6 (28.6%)
Darth Vader: Nooooooo!
- 15 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Proposal: Remove "Let's Plays moved. (2009)", sticky "Gaming Block"  (Read 2892 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Hero Saga Setup: 96%. Other stuff Paused.
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Proposal: Remove "Let's Plays moved. (2009)", sticky "Gaming Block"
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2021, 12:45:30 am »

I already messaged Toady about the fact I would be proposing something in a few days, so the "poking" already happened.
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2021, 01:51:49 am »

I already messaged Toady about the fact I would be proposing something in a few days, so the "poking" already happened.
Whether it's to say "nevermind, it wasn't popular" or whatever is up to this thread...

Quote from: Feedback
Indifferent/Status-Quo Bias: Stirk, A_Curious_Cat
Supports discussion in general/no other feedback right now: 0cra_tr0per, King Zultan
Don't know "LP Moved" use: Secretdorf
Compromise:, a1s, Chevaleresse
Gaming Block Insufficient Usage to Sticky: Man of Paper, NUKE9.13
Polls: +7 -4
Awesome With Autism

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2021, 02:13:09 am »

What's the point of stickying the Gaming Block thread It doesn't seem to be anything anyone's cared about in a long time.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2021, 03:00:16 am »

Bro why would you teaser nonsense. That's not very cash money of you. Leave the man alone. I don't think any of us are five or younger, so tugging on someone's sleeve going "I'm gonna say something but not yet uwu" isn't anything beyond annoying.

And you're proving a point about what I said re: your views on your position in this community. You took it upon yourself to state to a man who is entirely too busy for this petty minuscule nonsense that you're going to maybe perhaps say something important at a later date, and it's this? And in doing so grant yourself the position of speaker for the entirety of us as if we elected you to represent the subforum's collective thoughts? Puhhhlease.

Like, I'm trying to keep myself from getting too worked up about someone who isn't me pestering someone else who also isn't me, but the more you go on, the worse the taste gets in my mouth. At this point I feel like this thread should just be locked and we should leave well-enough alone, because god forbid Toady acknowledge your pointless prodding and plant some seed you cultivate into being confirmation as your position of Archduke of the FG&R subforum.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 03:04:13 am by Man of Paper »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2021, 03:58:04 am »

Let's split the difference and just un-sticky the "Let's Plays moved".
+1

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2021, 04:14:28 am »

Like, I'm trying to keep myself from getting too worked up
You aren't doing a very good job. Like, I see where you're coming from, but getting salty ain't going to help persuade Roseheart to drop the idea.

Roseheart, I think you should consider that almost all categories in that 'Feedback' box you posted are opposed to the idea. At best they are ambivalent. Literally nobody has posted in support. I don't know who the folks are voting in favour in the poll, but they don't seem to care enough to actually post in the thread.
As for the argument that stickying Gaming Block would make it more popular... how's that working out for the Forum Game List?   

E: Actually, that gives me an idea. Why not just add a link to Gaming Block in the OP of the Forum Game List thread?
Long Live United Forenia!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2021, 08:15:27 am »

As for the argument that stickying Gaming Block would make it more popular... how's that working out for the Forum Game List?
Great! Night and day, infact it lasted a couple months before it got stickied(where before usage was low). It's been up for 3+ years and had many many games posted both on the doc and to this thread. So if we are using it as an example then it is definitely a PRO example.

Roseheart, I think you should consider that almost all categories in that 'Feedback' box you posted are opposed to the idea. At best they are ambivalent. Literally nobody has posted in support. I don't know who the folks are voting in favour in the poll, but they don't seem to care enough to actually post in the thread.
Nah, being shy doesn't take away your right to an opinion.

You took it upon yourself to state to a man who is entirely too busy for this petty minuscule nonsense
He's much more engaged in the goings-on in the forum than you give him credit..
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2021, 08:20:32 am »

"seed you cultivate into being confirmation as your position of Archduke of the FG&R subforum."
How would you like suggestions to ToadyOne be handled by the community? Perhaps an open discussion in a thread where anyone can post their opinion? I'd have no qualms about participating in a similar thread started by someone else, if I had an opinion on the matter. Yes, I considered this worth bringing up, cripes, it's been 11 years, lol.

Edit: If anything, the title I'd hold would be "Archsecretary". I've just focused on what needed to be done, I'm too disagreeable for politics.

Edit Edit: I would be willing to delay things... if someone wants to take a stab at improving the Gaming Block, and seeing how it goes for a month... a new "Game Design Discussion and Review" thread. Otherwise it's the best we got.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 09:06:14 am by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2021, 09:42:37 am »

"seed you cultivate into being confirmation as your position of Archduke of the FG&R subforum."
How would you like suggestions to ToadyOne be handled by the community? Perhaps an open discussion in a thread where anyone can post their opinion? I'd have no qualms about participating in a similar thread started by someone else, if I had an opinion on the matter. Yes, I considered this worth bringing up, cripes, it's been 11 years, lol.

Edit: If anything, the title I'd hold would be "Archsecretary". I've just focused on what needed to be done, I'm too disagreeable for politics.
Good gods, man. MoP was trying to exaggerate, not making an actual suggestion. You are not the Archsecretary of FG&RP. There is no Archsecretary. There does not need to be an Archsecretary. Or any other form of leadership or management. FG&RP is a functional anarchy, and has been for many years. People post games, people play games. End of story.

Edit Edit: I would be willing to delay things... if someone wants to take a stab at improving the Gaming Block, and seeing how it goes for a month... a new "Game Design Discussion and Review" thread. Otherwise it's the best we got.
How benevolent, your lordship, that you deign to give us a chance.

Great! Night and day, infact it lasted a couple months before it got stickied(where before usage was low). It's been up for 3+ years and had many many games posted both on the doc and to this thread. So if we are using it as an example then it is definitely a PRO example.
Looking back through it, it gets a few posts a month, tops. Which is more than Gaming Block, admittedly. But it's not exactly a highly-active thread.

Nah, being shy doesn't take away your right to an opinion.
No, but it does give your opinion less weight if you can't be bothered to explain to the people opposed to the idea why you think it is a good idea. Again, literally nobody has posted in support. Shy? I suppose it's possible that all 8 pro-voters are so shy they daren't post their reasons for approving of the idea, but I posit that it is far more likely that they are simply not that invested in the idea. If there are any fervent supporters of the idea reading this, please, share your opinion.

He's much more engaged in the goings-on in the forum than you give him credit..
Being deeply involved in managing the forum would not be to Toady's credit, dude. Toady is a game developer, not a forum admin. He's made it clear that he doesn't want to get bogged down in running the forum. Remember Various Nonsense? It was a board on the forum that grew to be so toxic that rather than waste time moderating it, Toady just decided to nuke it. I'm not saying that bugging Toady with frivolous requests on occasion is going to cause him to nuke FG&RP- just illustrating that Toady really isn't interested in forum drama.
Long Live United Forenia!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2021, 10:00:59 am »

"Good gods, man. MoP was trying to exaggerate, not making an actual suggestion. You are not the Archsecretary of FG&RP. There is no Archsecretary. There does not need to be an Archsecretary. Or any other form of leadership or management. FG&RP is a functional anarchy, and has been for many years. People post games, people play games. End of story."

The people with the temperament for leadership positions, already have them. Well, I am using the 'anarchy' to simulate a democracy. It's funny Nuke, you are opting to use the voice on these matters I am holding a space for. If it's such an anarchy as you desire, I'd just PM my idea to Toady from the get go....

If your opinion is that it is too trivial a request, that's a totally valid point of view, and I am glad you are expressing it. See democracy is fun.
Awesome With Autism

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2021, 10:20:38 am »

How would you like suggestions to ToadyOne be handled by the community? Perhaps an open discussion in a thread where anyone can post their opinion?

Ah yes, and here you illustrate that you aren't quite getting the point.

You realize that, before you so graciously allowed us to participate in an open discussion (of which nobody has vocalized support of your idea), you took any actual agency away from eeeeeeveryone else when you went "Hey Toady I got an idea", regardless of the fact that it was an absolutely meaningless, unnecessary poke. Your statements and your actions are telling two different stories.

As for your "actual" role here, there are only two roles in this place: GM and Player. If you see yourself as anything else then you're delusional and need to step away from the monitor for a few days.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2021, 10:42:33 am »

This all just gets back to Stirk's first, incredibly correct and accurate reply, "nobody cares".

Roseheart's weird bureaucratic conceits are particularly rich for someone who can't even keep a game running! I don't understand what value this bizarre delusion is supposed to be providing to the community, but it's kind of funny to watch.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2021, 10:55:59 am »

This all just gets back to Stirk's first, incredibly correct and accurate reply, "nobody cares".

Roseheart's weird bureaucratic conceits are particularly rich for someone who can't even keep a game running! I don't understand what value this bizarre delusion is supposed to be providing to the community, but it's kind of funny to watch.

When did I say I was interviewing for a leadership position?

Quote from: Feedback
Indifferent/Status-Quo Bias: Stirk, A_Curious_Cat, Maximum Spin
Supports discussion in general/no other feedback right now: 0cra_tr0per, King Zultan
Don't know "LP Moved" use: Secretdorf
Compromise/Ideal outcome not expressed: a1s, Chevaleresse, Demonic Spoon
Gaming Block Insufficient Usage to Sticky: Man of Paper, NUKE9.13
Polls: +8 -4
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 11:06:19 am by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2021, 10:59:53 am »

When did I say I was interviewing for a leadership position?
Nobody suggested you were interviewing. In fact, your actions clearly indicate you think you already have it.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2021, 11:16:40 am »

Mephansteras is the moderator of everything Mafia, and piecewise is the closest thing RTD. If there was a general moderator I'd bring my suggestion to them first. I probably should have just gone straight to ToadyOne, if I knew asking opinions would drudge up drama.
Awesome With Autism
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4