Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Roseheart's Graveyard  (Read 5440 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Cautiously Optomistic
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Roseheart's Graveyard
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2021, 05:26:22 pm »

This topic has been moved from forum games and roleplaying so I can field more non-forum games related questions, comments, and discussion. Though I'll still take suggestions for rehosting unfinished forum games I hosted in the past.
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2021, 05:56:48 pm »

I mean, the sooner you can support yourself the better. This means living somewhere that makes you comfortable, having a way to get to work (not really necessary in most jobs right now, but will still be relevant in the future), and having a reliable income. As someone with shitty criminal parents who didn't support me I had to seek the help of others, don't be ashamed of doing this if you're in trouble, but also don't shirk responsibility when it inevitably falls on your head.

I don't expect most non-mafia forum games to actually finish. Heck, every non-mafia forum game I ran here never finished. This was because they were overly ambitious and vague in scope. On the other hand, every mafia game I've ever run has finished. I think scale and scope is important for creating a game. The more open-ended it is, the more challenging it will be to run.

Personally I don't agree with most Youtube/Twitch/Patreon incomes unless the quality is professional and consistent. If you want that as a secondary income that's fine, but I would not rely on the fickleness of internet donation money.

Why was your autism diagnosis so late? I've always seen diagnoses like that happen during public school. Your weren't diagnosed and sheltered until literally living on the streets?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2021, 06:10:07 pm »

I mean, the sooner you can support yourself the better. This means living somewhere that makes you comfortable, having a way to get to work (not really necessary in most jobs right now, but will still be relevant in the future), and having a reliable income. As someone with shitty criminal parents who didn't support me I had to seek the help of others, don't be ashamed of doing this if you're in trouble, but also don't shirk responsibility when it inevitably falls on your head.

I don't expect most non-mafia forum games to actually finish. Heck, every non-mafia forum game I ran here never finished. This was because they were overly ambitious and vague in scope. On the other hand, every mafia game I've ever run has finished. I think scale and scope is important for creating a game. The more open-ended it is, the more challenging it will be to run.

Personally I don't agree with most Youtube/Twitch/Patreon incomes unless the quality is professional and consistent. If you want that as a secondary income that's fine, but I would not rely on the fickleness of internet donation money.

Why was your autism diagnosis so late? I've always seen diagnoses like that happen during public school. Your weren't diagnosed and sheltered until literally living on the streets?
^ I want to reiterate I am not homeless anymore, not for more than a year.

My Patreon is an Art Blog for family to follow, and tip jar for anyone that feels like it. I'm maneuvering to host forum games that are more and more like webcomics, but with players driving the story.

My autism was diagnosed late for a number of reasons. I was above average performance in gradeschool. So the thinking I was not challenged but gifted. Pride, on my part later in life. Wasn't worth it to not accept help.
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2021, 08:26:24 pm »

I think that's enough. Thank you for the kind words and comments. If you really want to see an old game comeback, my PM box is open. Goodnight.

Edit: Mental Illness can greatly impair your abilities, and from what I could tell it is one of the leading causes of homelessness. You may be able to get diagnosed For Free at the same place you apply for foodstamps, which could make you applicable to assistance with housing, employment, and government assistance. Be safe.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 11:46:54 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism
Pages: 1 [2]