Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tricks to force patients to stay?  (Read 684 times)

tiresius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tricks to force patients to stay?
« on: February 17, 2021, 08:34:47 pm »

My dwarf patients consistently get up and leave before they are all done.  Usually it seems if one leg ends up getting a crutch/cast , then they get up and go, with other parts still torn open.  I wish there was a "Confine to Bed" option on the Health screen somewhere ... forcing the dwarf to get reevaluated by a doctor and retreated.

Any tricks to keep them in the hospital until they're fully healed?  I'd rather not do burrow tricks.
"There are no safe paths in this part of the world.  Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild now, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go." - Gandalf in The Hobbit

Urist mcbayblade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tricks to force patients to stay?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 11:55:57 pm »

If they have and bandages and sutures applied, this is normal. The wounds should heal up in due time.

tiresius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 01:47:07 pm »

Well they do but not all wounds are taken care of.  If I would guess I'd say once whatever wounds are stopping them from getting up (leg?) are taken care of, they leave AMA with open cuts in hands and head and whatever wasn't taken care of before then.
"There are no safe paths in this part of the world.  Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild now, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go." - Gandalf in The Hobbit

applejuice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 04:56:37 pm »

You could have a door in the room and force lock it. Just make sure the doctor has some food and drink in there and unlock the door after it's all done ;)

tiresius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2021, 09:28:50 am »

I might have to, similar to locking in gem setters with specific statues to improve.

I still think a "Go see the Doc!" button would be great.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2021, 06:28:13 pm »

I still think a "Go see the Doc!" button would be great.

Yes!

That and a "go vet that pet". Mr Flashy really needs some sodding soap and stitches, he took out three alligators and a cave bat, and he's a hero, but the poor dog just needs someone to take care of his injuries...
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!