Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: C.A.L.M (Heroes VS Villains, Villains, Turn 9, Project phase.)  (Read 13140 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: C.A.L.M (Heroes VS Villains, Villains, Turn 9, Project phase.)
« Reply #195 on: November 13, 2021, 07:53:34 pm »

The main difference is one is a suit, the other a treatment. I'm hoping it rolls well enough to only ever need a single treatment. Prevention isn't free, but it's cheaper in the long run. Shi, the joker toxin, is basically something that will debilitate much like TIPS, which we already have and did very well.

Ideally, CAN will work against things other than just TIPS, but multiple debilitating nerve toxins. And not everyone has to take the treatment, it would be fine if only a few do. That means they can enter those cleared rooms as well, while our foes can't follow without protection. As in hazmat protection, since it works on skin contact. Pretty much the perfect ninja bomb for escaping, so long as they aren't affected. Combined with the suits, it will work well.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 13, 2021, 11:05:01 pm »

The main difference is one is a suit, the other a treatment. I'm hoping it rolls well enough to only ever need a single treatment. Prevention isn't free, but it's cheaper in the long run.

Even if CAN only needs a single treatment, you have to buy a separate dose for each person.  If it requires a dose before each mission, that a separate dose per person per mission.  The Sealed Environment compleX can be used be reused on multiple missions.  It single suit could also be used by multiple persons (not at the same time, obviously…) just like the sneaking suit could conceivably be (although I think PJ probably won’t allow that…)

Ideally, CAN will work against things other than just TIPS, but multiple debilitating nerve toxins.

So will the Sealed Environment compleX.

And not everyone has to take the treatment, it would be fine if only a few do.

And what happens to those on the mission that don’t?  Also, the same argument could be  made about not everyone needing to wear a Sealed Environment compleX.

That means they can enter those cleared rooms as well, while our foes can't follow without protection. As in hazmat protection, since it works on skin contact. Pretty much the perfect ninja bomb for escaping, so long as they aren't affected.

The same can be said of the Sealed Environment compleX.

Combined with the suits, it will work well.

I’m assuming you mean the Sneaking Suits.  The suit from the Sealed Environment compleX is designed to be worn under a Sneaking Suit.  Only the gas mask has to be carried in a separate pouch.

I’m not really seeing how CAN is any better than the Sealed Environment compleX…
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 14, 2021, 09:01:02 am »

You basically want people to wear a suit under a suit. Which sounds insane to me. That's asking for heatstroke to become a problem.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 14, 2021, 12:26:25 pm »

You basically want people to wear a suit under a suit. Which sounds insane to me. That's asking for heatstroke to become a problem.

We can always design a cooling suit to go under the Sealed Environment compleX…

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 14, 2021, 01:19:37 pm »

We can always design a cooling suit to go under the Sealed Environment compleX…
What are we, Matryoshka? And that runs the same issue you point out about CAN, buying a bunch of stuff for everyone. Of unknown effectiveness. CAN has one thing going for it, and that's the fact our dear doctor gives +2 to the finished roll. The other stuff won't.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 14, 2021, 02:15:17 pm »

I agree that we don't actually need a countermeasure for the gas at this point. As such, I have two proposals:

Covert Security Camera:
Despite the name, this is not actually a security camera. Rather, this is a camera to *detect* security. Specifically, this is a covert surveillance system that can be mounted on a tripod and used to scan the interior of a location using infrared and frequency based imaging. The goal of this is to allow a heist crew to detect most major cameras and guard patrol routes in advance of a heist, without need for an in person scouting mission. The camera heavily resembles a film camera, as to make undercover work easier.

Heist Hauler:
We deal in a great deal of goods, but sometimes those goods are extremely heavy. Enter the Heist Hauler. Essentially a  compact pallet jack, the heist Hauler folds down to rest in a backpack shaped case, and is light enough for one person to carry. It has a relatively small flat carrying surface, four wheels, and an easily operated lift mechanism that doesn't require the need of a large handle, though a pull handle is still present. Straps and hooks for the straps are included.

Covert Guns:
We shoot people. It's part of the job sometimes. And we'd like to do it quietly. This project is nothing more than acquiring some silencers and IR lasers for our heist teams to use. Sneak suits already include night vision, so it shouldn't be an additional procurement.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 12:45:42 am by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 14, 2021, 03:51:37 pm »

I agree that we don't actually need a countermeasure for the gas at this point. As such, I have two proposals:

Covert Security Camera:
Despite the name, this is not actually a security camera. Rather, this is a camera to *detect* security. Specifically, this is a covert surveillance system that can be mounted on a tripod and used to scan the interior of a location using infrared and frequency based imaging. The goal of this is to allow a heist crew to detect most major cameras and guard patrol routes in advance of a heist, without need for an in person scouting mission. The camera heavily resembles a film camera, as to make undercover work easier.

Heist Hauler:
We deal in a great deal of goods, but sometimes those goods are extremely heavy. Enter the Heist Hauler. Essentially a  compact pallet jack, the heist Hauler folds down to rest in a backpack shaped case, and is light enough for one person to carry. It has a relatively small flat carrying surface, four wheels, and an easily operated lift mechanism that doesn't require the need of a large handle, though a pull handle is still present.

Covert Guns:
We shoot people. It's part of the job sometimes. And we'd like to do it quietly. This project is nothing more than acquiring some silencers and IR lasers for our heist teams to use. Sneak suits already include night vision, so it shouldn't be an additional procurement.

That’s four proposals you got there!  Learn to count…

Anyways, I like these proposals more than I like any of the previous proposals, I’m just not sure which to choose…

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 14, 2021, 08:40:40 pm »

Quote from: Votebox in a Can
CAN: (1) TricMagic
Sealed Environment compleX: (0)
SHI Toxin: (0)
CSC: (0)
H2: (1) A_Curious_Cat
CG: (0)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 15, 2021, 12:46:23 am »

Quote from: Votebox in a Can
CAN: (1) TricMagic
Sealed Environment compleX: (0)
SHI Toxin: (0)
CSC: (0)
H^2: (2) A_Curious_Cat, Doomblade
CG: (0)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]