Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 14 - End: Death to the colony (scum win)  (Read 8729 times)

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 14 - Day 1: Broken branches
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2021, 05:57:54 pm »

BluarianKnight, you are looking pretty red right now. Why is that?
I'm guessing because I'm the only one you're able to get any information on?

We're early D1 - half of the players haven't even responded yet. You think I'm scum due to pressure.

Also;

TricMagic - If you were scum, who would you prefer to be teamed with, and why?
LuckyPixel - Out of everyone, who do you think would be the scariest as scum?
Secretdorf - Do you think you being almost identical to the mod grants you superpowers? In seriousness, what do you think of LuckyMagic?
LuckyMagic - The same question as SecretDorf, but for Tric - if you've played with him, what do you think of his playstyle?

An interesting trick, but I'm the TricMagic around here. Why did you not comment on my self-vote at all?

This is avoiding the question - trying to redirect it by pointing a finger at me, and pointing out my mispelling. Answer the question. Preferred scum partner?
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2021, 06:00:34 pm »

Yellow Pixel - Out of everyone, who do you think would be the scariest as scum?

Hard to say. Probably the most experienced player since I never played before, or Secretdorf since he was very eager to play...

(I will not have the chance to post more before tomorrow, I have some obligation to attend to.)

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2021, 06:01:28 pm »

TricMagic you would grilled me if I self-voted. So why did you open up day 1 with a self-vote?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2021, 06:13:17 pm »

TricMagic you would grilled me if I self-voted. So why did you open up day 1 with a self-vote?
Exactly because of that.

To answer Blue's question, I would probobly like Luckyowl. No-one can really read them right, other than webadict having a keen eye on how the owl's mind works. So while a strange team-up, it wouldn't be a bad one.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2021, 06:16:20 pm »

BluarianKnight:BK what's your opinion on TricMagic self vote?

Yellowpixel: If we lynch the flagbearer then we win. However if we lynch a townie they can vengekill another player.  If you find yourself getting lynch who would you venge kill?

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2021, 06:19:53 pm »

Exactly because of that.

Could you explain a bit further? I have assumptions, but I don't want you latching on to it. Are you wishing to venge kill someone by getting yourself voted? Don't you think it's a bit too early to start doing that? I for one, waited to get a feel of a player before I risk it with a self vote

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2021, 06:23:11 pm »

I was more interested in reactions than anything else, and was keeping an Unvote post ready if anyone did vote me. And if someone did manage it, it would have been due to teamwork, ergo mafia. Or town voting and mafia taking advantage of it, but such is pretty unlikely this early.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2021, 06:40:07 pm »

Unvote for now, since I'll be off playing a video game. And then sleeping.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2021, 07:45:36 pm »

BluarianKnight:BK what's your opinion on TricMagic self vote?

Yellowpixel: If we lynch the flagbearer then we win. However if we lynch a townie they can vengekill another player.  If you find yourself getting lynch who would you venge kill?

Honestly? I'm lost on it. I thought it was a joke the first time I saw it, so I decided to ignore it. If it was actually a 'test', then all it does is A) if he's scum, it paints legitimacy around him, as any pressure on him, due to only needing 3 votes, would seem like scum trying to take the bait. He tries to latch onto this here;

Secretdorf - Do you think you being almost identical to the mod grants you superpowers? In seriousness, what do you think of LuckyMagic?
LuckyMagic - The same question as SecretDorf, but for Tric - if you've played with him, what do you think of his playstyle?

An interesting trick, but I'm the TricMagic around here. Why did you not comment on my self-vote at all?

to redirect suspicion on me. Which, hey, I kind of get. I was the only person responding at the time, so pressure was good. But waiting to answer until he was applied more pressure, (and close to actually being on the block) is fishy to me.

If it's not a joke, it would be risky as hell to 'test for reactions' with a self-vote with a game that only requires 1 townie vote to be kicked, if both scum vote. I'm not going to put my vote down on him - (as 1. This tactic seems too dumb for a competent Mafia to play, and 2. Since I believe he's town, he'll likely venge-kill. Since he's been only pointing at me so far, lynching him would lead to my death, and a Mafia win.)

Honestly though, I'd really like to see other players first - we've got two folks who haven't dipped their toes in yet.

Anyhow, Luckyowl, since I've seen you and Tric play a decent few games together.. so I'll ask the same question. What do you think of Tric's general meta? Does his current actions lean towards scum or town?

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2021, 09:08:07 pm »

Anyhow, Luckyowl, since I've seen you and Tric play a decent few games together.. so I'll ask the same question. What do you think of Tric's general meta? Does his current actions lean towards scum or town?

I dunno. I think TricMagic like to make himself look obvious scum so he can then twist it and say "a scum player wouldn't have done this." It's pretty consistent to town! TricMagic the scary part is that maybe he might be more self aware of his action and is still continuing to play the scum townie as scum! TricMagic. Overall I say TricMagic leans more townie than scum for now.

BK: With only three players active out of the two and one who said they'll be active some where down the line.   Do you think the flagbearer might be SecretDorf?  They haven't said much and this sort of aligned with his recent scum play in cops and robbers.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2021, 10:30:12 pm »

I dunno. I think TricMagic like to make himself look obvious scum so he can then twist it and say "a scum player wouldn't have done this." It's pretty consistent to town! TricMagic the scary part is that maybe he might be more self aware of his action and is still continuing to play the scum townie as scum! TricMagic. Overall I say TricMagic leans more townie than scum for now.

BK: With only three players active out of the two and one who said they'll be active some where down the line.   Do you think the flagbearer might be SecretDorf?  They haven't said much and this sort of aligned with his recent scum play in cops and robbers.

Right now? You might have a genuine point - albeit I'd love a link/evidence to that thread so I can double-check, buut.. I also want to give him the doubt. It's been less then 24 hours. I'm not going to put him down to scumlurk until we've hit the 2/3 point.

I'm going to simmer myself until I get at least one more of my questions answered - I can't build much if I only have half the players with many replies.

Secretdorf - what's keeping you lurking currently, IRL affairs or simply sitting back?

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2021, 11:05:52 pm »

Right now? You might have a genuine point - albeit I'd love a link/evidence to that thread so I can double-check, buut.. I also want to give him the doubt. It's been less then 24 hours. I'm not going to put him down to scumlurk until we've hit the 2/3 point.

I'm going to simmer myself until I get at least one more of my questions answered - I can't build much if I only have half the players with many replies.

Secretdorf - what's keeping you lurking currently, IRL affairs or simply sitting back?
Just sleeping.

I am a vanilla townie got no powers. I think luckymagic can't be town in this game. He's been town all games I've seen him in. He is easy to townread when he is town.

That said I think your questions come from mafia as thats the type of questions that come to my mind when I am mafia especially the fav scum partner and scariest scum one. So...
BlurianKnight & Luckyowl: If we lynch you and you are town who would you vengekill?

Luckyowl

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2021, 11:41:34 pm »

Just sleeping.

I am a vanilla townie got no powers. I think luckymagic can't be town in this game. He's been town all games I've seen him in. He is easy to townread when he is town.

That said I think your questions come from mafia as thats the type of questions that come to my mind when I am mafia especially the fav scum partner and scariest scum one. So...
BlurianKnight & Luckyowl: If we lynch you and you are town who would you vengekill?

Luckyowl

Holdup! That type of question is misleading, but why vote Luckyowl instead of Blue? What are you trying to pull?

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2021, 11:47:12 pm »

Blue is new. New players not good to read correctly.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2021, 12:29:15 am »

Just sleeping.

Luckyowl

Truth be told - I based those questions on some of the other forums as good basis scumhunt questions - and the underlined part was supposed to be scored out, (as it was a joke), but I understand the confusion.

As for my vengekill? TricMagic. . I've been hesitant to push because I was worried I was pressuring Townie, but taking a second readthrough, I've got the feeling TricMagic is Mafia, with Luckyowl as the flagbearer.

This is just intuition and a few quotes, but here's my theory isofar;
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Given that, I'll ask back;

Secretdorf: Tric does make a good point - voting on someone as Town is dangerous, so why are you so willing to make that first vote?
TricMagic: If you had to pick someone you considered Mafia besides myself, who would you?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6