Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 14 - End: Death to the colony (scum win)  (Read 8764 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 14 - Day 2: Unblemished tissue
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2021, 02:07:17 pm »

... Really? That's your point, to lead the question to that while ignoring the lie an trying to redirect the path of conversation, while outright ignoring the fact that I did give my reason for voting him. And a good part of that was in his own posts and my response to them. Do you think I would vote myself off in this game?

Lets go to the first part of your post, all the way back to the beginning.

TricMagic  8)
TricMagic - If you were scum, who would you prefer to be teamed with, and why?
LuckyPixel - Out of everyone, who do you think would be the scariest as scum?
Secretdorf - Do you think you being almost identical to the mod grants you superpowers? In seriousness, what do you think of LuckyMagic?
LuckyMagic - The same question as SecretDorf, but for Tric - if you've played with him, what do you think of his playstyle?

It's a bit interesting how you use this to mess with people, correcting it later. But it's so wrong in the naming sense that you are delibritely being confusing. You used Lucky twice, and then corrected it. But you just brushed it off as a mistake. If you were trying to trip people up, it would be less suspicious.

So was that question for me?

Post 1 of four.

Yellow Pixel - Out of everyone, who do you think would be the scariest as scum?

Hard to say. Probably the most experienced player since I never played before, or Secretdorf since he was very eager to play...

(I will not have the chance to post more before tomorrow, I have some obligation to attend to.)

Post 2 of four. Not it says the most experienced. Or Secretdorf. You guys are new, which means it points at nothing but town from my perspective. But this is hindsight speaking rather than day 1 me, so let's move on.

BluarianKnight:BK what's your opinion on TricMagic self vote?

Yellowpixel: If we lynch the flagbearer then we win. However if we lynch a townie they can vengekill another player.  If you find yourself getting lynch who would you venge kill?

Honestly? I'm lost on it. I thought it was a joke the first time I saw it, so I decided to ignore it. If it was actually a 'test', then all it does is A) if he's scum, it paints legitimacy around him, as any pressure on him, due to only needing 3 votes, would seem like scum trying to take the bait. He tries to latch onto this here;

TricMagic - If you were scum, who would you prefer to be teamed with, and why?
Secretdorf - Do you think you being almost identical to the mod grants you superpowers? In seriousness, what do you think of LuckyMagic?
LuckyMagic - The same question as SecretDorf, but for Tric - if you've played with him, what do you think of his playstyle?

An interesting trick, but I'm the TricMagic around here. Why did you not comment on my self-vote at all?

to redirect suspicion on me. Which, hey, I kind of get. I was the only person responding at the time, so pressure was good. But waiting to answer until he was applied more pressure, (and close to actually being on the block) is fishy to me.

If it's not a joke, it would be risky as hell to 'test for reactions' with a self-vote with a game that only requires 1 townie vote to be kicked, if both scum vote. I'm not going to put my vote down on him - (as 1. This tactic seems too dumb for a competent Mafia to play, and 2. Since I believe he's town, he'll likely venge-kill. Since he's been only pointing at me so far, lynching him would lead to my death, and a Mafia win.)

Honestly though, I'd really like to see other players first - we've got two folks who haven't dipped their toes in yet.

Anyhow, Luckyowl, since I've seen you and Tric play a decent few games together.. so I'll ask the same question. What do you think of Tric's general meta? Does his current actions lean towards scum or town?

Quite a bit in this post at first glance, but let's break it down into three sentences. Sentence A: Hawing about me being scum seeking legitmency. Sentence B, saying you will get vengekilled and lead to town loss and mafia win if I'm town, before cleverly making a comment about the other two talking before you make a desison you never actually made.. C, asking Luckyowl on my meta. Later on you then make a case for a Luckyowl/TricMagic teamup. Note the complete lack of YellowPixel commentary.

Probably Lucky since he has more experience than you and appear to me in a better position to defend himself.

Yellowpixel: If we lynch the flagbearer then we win. However if we lynch a townie they can vengekill another player.  If you find yourself getting lynch who would you venge kill?

I would venge kill Tric or Secretdorf, I don't really mind who between the two, as I think they are both mafia.

My explanation:

Secretdorf is pointing me as mafia for no good reason and Tric is putting too much pressure on Blue to make her vote at a very early moment, like we see in this quote:

Last, why not use your vote proactively against me? I've given plenty of reason to, but you refuse to do so.

Also, Secretdorf has voted him, before changing his mind right after. It's as if him and Tric are playing a game together, wich seems very mafia-like. Furthermore, Lucky said so little... I see no good reason for the players to vote him.

So, question to Secretdorf: On what assumptions do you presume Lucky is mafia?

Post 3 of four.

I didn't realized I had already answered your question... In fact, my anwer changed only because I had more information today to base myself upon.

And now I'm waiting for the next post of Lucky and Secret's answer to my question:

And 4. Only one after this is the Clearly Mafia hammervote. Looking at your own post,

Probably Lucky since he has more experience than you and appear to me in a better position to defend himself.

So.. why did you answer my first question twice?

As well - you've changed your answer to the person with the most heat. Not because they're suspicious in game - but because of experience and 'position'. If we look earlier..

Hard to say. Probably the most experienced player since I never played before, or Secretdorf since he was very eager to play...

(I will not have the chance to post more before tomorrow, I have some obligation to attend to.)

Why did you change your answer? Are you just following along to seem townie?

You aren't scumhunting on anything past popular vote. Your evidence as well seems weak - but I'll respond to that later.

Yellow Pixel: What's your response to this?

2 things. First, the 'Heat', it doesn't exist. The first answer only pointed to experianced players, or secretdorf. The second pointed to luckyowl. YP tried to tie Luckyowl and me together for whatever reason., something you also did. And as you yourself said, low effort hunting. Or bussing for mafia to prevent the flagbearer from being lynched. Your complete lack of voting betrays you, for the town's weapon is their vote. So as a final question, Why didn't you vote Day 1?

Hua.. such a wall. But such is... well likely not needed, it's luckyowl after all. But still, have to make the effort for him to have a chance to lead it.
To the Meta-This type of thing is in line with town me, prowling through previous posts to make a full case. I just don't do it as much given the amount of effort and energy it takes. But for you, I will. I'm going to go rest with something, maybe some ice cream.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2021, 02:10:50 pm »

You can tell I got a bit tired. lead should be read. And the last part isn't as defined as the rest. It's more than anyone else has posted in game though, so I'll forgive it and relax as I await luckyowl's coinflip decision.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2021, 02:12:30 pm »

Another point, speaking up so as not to be silent and seem scummy. Scum wants to look town. I'll leave you with this  8)

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2021, 02:32:24 pm »

Responding to;
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Why didn't I vote D1? You're right, the town's best weapon is the Lynch, but in this set-up, votes can turn the tide quickly. So I didn't want to allow a hammer, and that led me to being indecisive. Is it a bad mark on me? Certainly. But my only suspect at that point was You; who was already after me, and Lucky, who I was mostly guessing from context clues. If you were town, that'd be it - two raving mad dogs barking at each other while we're shot in the back. So I kept my vote to myself. I don't think it was a bad option - sure, we lost Secret, but outed the Mafia.

Yellow? The guy posted 4 times - I at least prodded at him, while, again, you did not interact with him. You and him voted together, and you and him stayed out of each other's way. Nobody else so far as I can see has the same reaction.

As for your claims?

The Heat did exist - again, at the time of that question, Secret was just putting pressure on you. Good thing to note, that you did miss; Post 3 of four of Yellow;

I would venge kill Tric or Secretdorf, I don't really mind who between the two, as I think they are both mafia.

My explanation:

Secretdorf is pointing me as mafia for no good reason and Tric is putting too much pressure on Blue to make her vote at a very early moment, like we see in this quote:

Last, why not use your vote proactively against me? I've given plenty of reason to, but you refuse to do so.

Also, Secretdorf has voted him, before changing his mind right after. It's as if him and Tric are playing a game together, wich seems very mafia-like. Furthermore, Lucky said so little... I see no good reason for the players to vote him.

That's some nice buddying from Yellow onto me - don't think I didn't notice. Going to save that for your last post to toss me as 'scum'?

Shortly after, once Lucky gives you the opportunity, you and Yellow pounce on him- outing Yellow as scum, as he was the only clear option to vengekill.

That leaves you, with Lucky, who probably is the one most likely to not vote you out of your options, and me - who you've been slandering all game.

You wanna know why I didn't vote? So what you and Yellow did to Secret didn't happen.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2021, 03:48:34 pm »

So to lurk and not get the vengekill placed on you instead.  And no, check again, the third post is there. And once again twisting words. You saying YP changing their tune based on who has the heat, not the heat on me. Please do not try that again, it's getting a bit silly.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2021, 08:20:20 pm »

Alright, So I might  vote BK. Here's why:

I suspect the flagbeaerer  wouldn't want to paint a bad picture of themselves on day 1. They would most likely try to act more as town to shave off any susicpicous off them. TricMagic self-vote would've make sense if he was the goon. But with YP's flip. TricMagic's self vote is just him really trying to get a conversation going. TRM have done this before as town. So it's not out of the ordinary. So this leaves BK who have been acting more like town throughout the game prodding players left and right and such always trying to engage with everyone and such. But the problem is that YP flip. From perspective this makes me see TRM self-vote a more townread than ever before. Which I guess helped him in the long run. Leaving BK as being the only possible scum.

I think YP hammering was a planned that did a NO U.  They probably thought SRD was going to vengekill me for starting a bandwagon on him. But SRD did the right thing and no u back at the mafiateam and killed YP. But to be honest that's probably because SRD thinks me and YP are part of the same team. But the fact I didn't quickhammer already already solidfy me as town. So...here I am again in LYLO.

There is a chance that TRM played a gambit as flagbeaerer, but I highly doubt he would do such a thing....but then again...*shrugged*

so anyways I'm might be voting BK, but I don't want to be rash and allow them to defend themselves if they wish to do so.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2021, 08:28:01 pm »

So I think BK is scum because FB would want to try and not get themselves voted out. But this can also apply on TRM who instead of trying to stay low decided to go bold. But I dunno. Scum!  TRM always play carefully. I always suspect a town! TRM to play more wildly like myself.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2021, 08:52:50 pm »

Careful play due to chatrooms are a tell of mine it seems. Mostly cause it's a team rather than solo town players. Info begets action, lack of it begets different actions. Honestly I should have gone with my first thought in NQT's game, might have ended differently. Then again those shields were a bit ridiculous, and I the only one without a deadly flaw..

Any response to Luckyowl BK?

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2021, 09:31:34 pm »

At this point, it's the difference between someone who acts brazenly versus someone who acts conceded.

Lucky's town - so Lucky, I've laid my case, ans they've laid their case out. If you've read both sides and decided to vote me, I'm not sure what I can do past reiterating my points. I think Tric's flagbearer. His actions - both now, and what he's said in the past, seem to indicate a radical change of behavior. Toss the ball so far off-course that it'd seem impossible that he'd do something so reckless. That's my read, at least.

I know it's a poor defense - but it's my first game on these forums. My indecision and lack of initiative (including voting) was due to a fear of seeming too hot-blooded. I can tell now that it's led us to this point - honestly just should've voted Tric out D1 and went with my gut feeling. But I gave leniency because I was trying to play it safe.

Hell, I've made some slip-ups trying to argue, so I won't be too pissed at a Mafia win at my poor play.

So to lurk and not get the vengekill placed on you instead.  And no, check again, the third post is there. And once again twisting words. You saying YP changing their tune based on who has the heat, not the heat on me. Please do not try that again, it's getting a bit silly.

I'll concede I made the wrong argument here, albeit - my first post, with the mis-typed names for each question, was a bit foolish.

I'll lay my last argument to you, Lucky. If it doesn't change your opinion, cast your vote.

Do you think Yellow and I were some 'dastardly group' that made all sorts of machinations, as Tric mentioned here;
I wouldn't be so quick BluarianKnight. I already had Lucky as a townread. And after dorf flipped town(from the vengekill prompt) I took a look at Yellowpixel. 4 Posts. And not the best, was kicking myself for this.

As well, why would I make such a move? Yellowpixel literally came in and posted a vote with no reasoning or leadup, just Wham.

YP didn't do so on my vote because YOU would have been the vengekill, Flagbearer. [It comes down to Luckyowl, again. If you're going to flip a coin, do so quickly. If not, let logic guide you to the truth.]

... Wanting to hammer so quickly is scumlike. When I couldn't defend myself from your claims. I at least have a read on Lucky as town and a read on you as scum since early on.

To answer YP again, this was your plan, made carefully in the Scumchat. Either that or you needed to make one when YP decided to hammer, but that is less likely with a 2/3 chance of your victory. Could have been executed better though.

Or something someone like Tric would try to pull? You've played with him - my opinion's already biased by the fact I know he's scum.

I still think voting me is the wrong call - but I think Tric'd say the same.

Make your call, Lucky.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2021, 09:58:28 pm »

you know what, I'll go for the most logical reason:

TricMagic is flagbeaerer, and did a WIFOM at the beginning hoping for a lucky gambit. But when I voted against him and SD followed suit all we needed was BK. But, of course I wanted to apply pressure onto SD hoping  to get more info out of him. In my changing of votes TricMagic and YP took the opportunity to hammer SD in hoping that SD will vengekill me or YP. Either giving the mafia a win or allow a second chance for the mafia to win in LYLO.

at the end. I think TricMagic is scum. BK have been acting more townie and sure they could be a scum who is good at acting townie. But it's whatever. I'll place my vote onto TricMagic.

If BK turn out to be mafia. GG well played.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2021, 10:26:43 pm »

I can't believe it came down to Lucky lylo again.

I also believe Tric was the mafia...

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2021, 10:32:02 pm »

And that's hammer! Locking the thread for processing.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 14 - End: Death to the colony (scum win)
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2021, 11:14:51 pm »

The outlier makes its decision.

Quote from: Votecount
BlurarianKnight (1) - TricMagic
Luckyowl - N/A
TricMagic (2) - BluarianKnight, Luckyowl

Two votes to hammer.

Together, BluarianKnight and Luckyowl sink their arms into the brain-flesh of TricMagic. Together, they hollow out the mind of their sibling, taking the structured tissue into themselves; together, they taste of its thought-patterns...

...and find nothing.

Quote from: TricMagic's role PM
Peace to the colony. Long life to the colony.

Before the mushroom Luckyowl can draw the proper conclusions, BluarianKnight drives hardened limbs into its abdomen. Luckyowl staggers, hears the words of its sibling-- its enemy--

Quote from: BluarianKnight's role PM
Death to the colony. Glory to the colony.

--and then there is violence, and then there is nothing.

BluarianKnight regards the fruit of its labor: two bodies, inert. Its ally is dead now, so much useless flesh-- but that, perhaps, was inevitable. There will be other allies. It will raise them itself.

BluarianKnight consumes the tissue of the slain, and sets about the long task of parthenogenesis. The new births will be patterened off its own mind. The titan's whispers will guide them all.

The titan's whispers will show them war.

TricMagic has been lynched. TricMagic was a Vanilla Townie.
Luckyowl has been endgamed. Luckyowl was a Vanilla Townie.
BluarianKnight (mafia flagbearer) has won!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 11:18:12 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2021, 11:16:49 pm »

Scumchat: https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/qX5sFzN62Tn
Deadchat: https://www.quicktopic.com/53/H/zrAg8cbscSbQm

Thanks for playing, everyone! Congratulations to Yellow Pixel and BluarianKnight for their impressive debut.

klonk
Sigtext

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2021, 11:19:39 pm »

I.. should not have won this game.

I don't know how I won this.

If I had been facing anyone else on the roster, I wouldn't have had a damn chance. Barely did anyhow.

Good game everyone!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6