Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [47.05] American Civil War 1.0: A House Divided  (Read 5045 times)

eggman565

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[47.05] American Civil War 1.0: A House Divided
« on: February 19, 2021, 02:59:53 am »

In the history of all North America, few events hold as much importance or minds as the American civil war, the bloodiest in American history and the one that would decide the good and ills of the country for centuries to come. It was a time in which men of valour fought for both the worst causes and the best, Union men fighting to free their fellow man, and Rebels seeking to protect the institution of slavery. This mod seeks to recreate a fragment of that titanic struggle in Dwarf fortress, currently placing the player at the head of a small union outpost, training soldiers and launching daring attacks on the enemy, at the mercy of supply lines and sieges. Armies of confederate riflemen, banner bearers, and drummers will confront your outpost, and should the Union government or player make a mistake, Native Americans, British, or even Mexican troops could join them. As alluded to before, farming has been effectively removed for Union players in order to recreate dependency on supply lines, and instead one can produce material request lists at carpenters workshops. These are cheap to produce high-value tools that will effectively allow you to clear out caravans at little to no cost, allowing you to feed your Americans.

How to install: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15663

It has been brought to my attention that people using windows are not able to use this mod due to a "one of the compressed files on disk has errors" error, that I do not currently know how to fix. If anyone could help me figure out how to get around this issue, I would greatly appreciate it. b

this should work on all platforms now

just use the zip file, add the save to the save folder and replace the raw file, and you'll be golden.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 06:47:41 pm by eggman565 »

saiyanwannabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF American civil war mod Proper release: now with mormons
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 02:05:18 pm »

When I try to run it I get an error saying One of the compressed files on the disc has errors on it. Restore from backup if you are able

eggman565

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 05:53:00 pm »

Could you please try running it with just the Raw folder then. If that doesn't have any issues, I'll know where to start looking to fix the overall issue

saiyanwannabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 11:42:19 am »

Yea its just when i add the data, had fun playing as a sentient gatling gun! XD

eggman565

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2021, 09:53:16 pm »

thanks to the feedback from saiyanwannabe, I have updated the file to hopefully fix the initial issue. Sadly, this has caused the removal of the civil war thhemed music for the moment

eggman565

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2021, 09:16:10 pm »

I've produced a minor update. A minor civ made up of escaped slaves will now appear in caves, and can be played as in adventure mode. A new type of spouse converting monster called cannibals has been added, some errors in the raws have been fixed, and I have increased the number of civilizations that can occur in world gen using the North America preset. Enjoy

eggman565

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF American civil war mod Proper release: now with cannibals
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2021, 07:50:23 pm »

https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15443

This serves as a pre-generated file for the civil war mod, with North America's borders being mostly accurate. It will allow players to avoid the frustrating issues with world gen

eggman565

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF American civil war mod Proper release: now mostly finished
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2021, 02:24:32 am »

This map is as totally proper border wise as I could get it, enjoy. https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15447

eggman565

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF American civil war mod Proper release: now with cannibals
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2021, 01:57:33 am »

I've updated it and added in a new map. This should be the last update for a while, as I'm going to work on a confederate version of the mod and begin trying something less historical. Peace

eggman565

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF American civil war mod Proper release: now with uniforms
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2021, 05:19:21 pm »

I have finished this mod for the time being, you can find it here https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15663

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2021, 04:33:24 am »

Can i quickly ask what game ver the save was loaded from? Mainly since while it is possible to load older DF versions in the newest ver engine, I would like to ensure its all configured correctly to 47.05 as im only looking at the save raws for my windows version because there was a new init setting for temple priests to consider.

Keep in mind, each save is static so if im relying on it for map data as well as raws that need to be tweaked, its not super reliable (using perfectworld applications etc might be a alternative to add to the worldgen files in /data so that for atleast 47.+ upwards till the next big change to worldgen you can regen the same map seed info, but i dont claim to be a expert on the matter please tell me if i've got the wrong end of the stick).

A quick bit of pre-play feedback from just QA linting through the raws, the confederates have chainsaws (?) & also i can't find any cannibals listed to speak of unless im just missing them nestled in somewhere. Suggestionwise, what would you think about integrating elements of the the musketmod?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 04:42:15 am by FantasticDorf »

eggman565

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2021, 10:48:06 pm »

Can i quickly ask what game ver the save was loaded from? Mainly since while it is possible to load older DF versions in the newest ver engine, I would like to ensure its all configured correctly to 47.05 as im only looking at the save raws for my windows version because there was a new init setting for temple priests to consider.

Keep in mind, each save is static so if im relying on it for map data as well as raws that need to be tweaked, its not super reliable (using perfectworld applications etc might be a alternative to add to the worldgen files in /data so that for atleast 47.+ upwards till the next big change to worldgen you can regen the same map seed info, but i dont claim to be a expert on the matter please tell me if i've got the wrong end of the stick).

A quick bit of pre-play feedback from just QA linting through the raws, the confederates have chainsaws (?) & also i can't find any cannibals listed to speak of unless im just missing them nestled in somewhere. Suggestionwise, what would you think about integrating elements of the the musketmod?

Everything was made in the newest version, and should run properly. Sorry about the chainsaws thing, it's just what the confederate banner is called in the raws for some ungodly reason. Also thanks for recommending looking into the musket mod, I'll do that as soon as possible. Cannibals where a bad idea I had for a night creature type thing you could run into during adventure mode, but I decided against it cause they didn't fit the tone I was going for and they kept dying in world gen

Also while I'm here I'd like to ask if anyone could help me with making seigers show up on horses.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 10:50:06 pm by eggman565 »