Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Macro/Micro 'C' screen site viewer  (Read 870 times)

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Macro/Micro 'C' screen site viewer
« on: February 19, 2021, 07:10:03 am »

I suppose this is  problem that doesn't really affect a lot of players but the way the 'c' screen represents overlapping feautres isn't the greatest.

A practical example, if you settle atop a goblin fort or a human castle by nestling your own fortress elsewhere on the same world-tile, when you go to centre and view your own site from the 'c' screen you can only see whatever state the other building is for your own tile and never view your own fortress even after you reduced the other building into ruins.

- Some recommended changes, and then prompt up to view "other buildings on this site" by exiting the macro world-tile view and enter the micro-world tile viewer in 'c'ivilization mapscreen.

Including some other faculties like
- Viewing and potentially attacking refugee and sieging camps with mixed reciprocation of diplomatic action for doing either or extending additional missions in that direction like recruitment and parley.

- Retrieving artifacts from wildnerness areas, being able to more thoroughly investigate each world tile for hidden features, most of which are marked with a "?" and a explore mission if unidentified.

- Scanning areas of interest for retrievable objects like battlefields before others arrive and the temporary instance expires.

Attacking army camps if you are militarily strong enough seems like a very practical way to end a war, and also take the loot that they aquired for your own purposes from sacking other sites along with prisoners.

Orange-of-Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Macro/Micro 'C' screen site viewer
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 08:24:52 pm »

I tried this as well - I had a place I wanted a site but misplaced it with the last zoomed in screen (didn't get the sea on the embark). So I immediately abandoned the fort to ruin and made another fort in the place, correcting the mistake. But then for evermore my site was represented by an "abandoned site" icon, as the site that was abandoned immediately forever was placed on the map and had priority over my awesome fort :)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2021, 08:44:57 pm »

I tried this as well - I had a place I wanted a site but misplaced it with the last zoomed in screen (didn't get the sea on the embark). So I immediately abandoned the fort to ruin and made another fort in the place, correcting the mistake. But then for evermore my site was represented by an "abandoned site" icon, as the site that was abandoned immediately forever was placed on the map and had priority over my awesome fort :)
The embark map isn't the same as the in-game 'c' map. Embark map has a couple of different zoom levels so you can see what's going on.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2021, 02:23:47 pm »

This could be solved with a "next" button like we have in the view menu.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.