Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Fool's Mafia: 5/5 Game! Fools all the way down.  (Read 6202 times)

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fool's Mafia: 5/5 Game! Fools all the way down.
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2021, 10:01:18 pm »

Oops I thought the survivor would win

Skynet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fool's Mafia: 5/5 Lion's Meal and Further Sabotage- Day 2
« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2021, 10:41:20 pm »

When observing this game, I thought that there must be at least some gimmick that is more than just "Everyone is a Jester". I was torn between one of these two gimmicks:

- There was at least one "evil" Jester who, if lynched, immediately ends the game. Thus, scum-hunting should still be done to find and spare the "evil" Jester, while lynching all the "good" Jesters who wouldn't end the game when lynched.
- There is an "evil" Survivor who, if they make it to the endgame, will do something bad. Either stop lynching altogether, or revive all lynched Jesters (causing them to lose).

But, yeah, "Everyone is a Jester" makes sense, especially since it's hard to see how scumhunting could work when you only have 2 people remaining.

I do think there's potential for a Fool's Mafia setup that could work even if you know the setup - 4 Jesters and 1 "Evil Jester", or 4 Jesters and 1 "Evil Survivor". I would also have it that the normal Jesters who make it to endgame without the "Evil Jester" or "Evil Survivor" gets auto-lynched and win, thereby rewarding scumhunting. However, a Jester is still a selfish role - if you think there's a chance the Evil role may win, maybe you ought to pursue getting lynched instead of trying to help out the other Jesters.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 10:47:37 pm by Skynet »

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2021, 03:01:35 am »

Luckyowl should also have won because I was thinking I would survive to end and 'win'.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2021, 07:44:05 am »

NQT's claim is one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2021, 07:57:41 am »

Thanks, I knew I could have been more subtle, but honestly I just went with what I thought was most fun given the recent survivor claims.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]