Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Which is the old Arcade games is the one with spaceships with random wiring?  (Read 8908 times)

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Which is the old Arcade games is the one with spaceships with random wiring? The Adams brother's made a rougelike  celebration video where they discussed their inspirations and early games that helped them learn a lot. It showed a really cool slide where there was an unnamed real time space ship game with random ships. With a wiring system. It looked like it had pixel based graphics. But with procedural generation of the wiring and basic ship shapes at a minimum. Maybe, more? it intrigued me. I looked at the curses arcade pages. And none of the names stand out as it. Although, I guess I could try booting them all up in case it turns out to be that game.

Alastar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Warning Forever?

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks! I'l check that one out.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

Thanks for asking and thanks to Alastar for answering!  I *loved* this game as a young coder.

Did you know that they evolve over the waves?  They adapt to defeat you.
If you get hit - they use that weapon more.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.