Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Logging in doesn't work  (Read 9088 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Logging in doesn't work
« on: January 17, 2021, 12:58:00 am »

A problem I noticed the past few months, I'm unable to log in. At all. On hitting login it redirects as normal but it still says I'm logged out. Tested to make sure I just wasn't remembering my password wrong and it correctly gives the wrong-password message if I try anything but my actual password for the account. But using it still fucks up.

In addition, password reset is claiming it already sent a password reset email recently, when no such email has been received.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Logging in doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2021, 12:59:39 am »

DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2021, 01:01:15 am »

Okay that is...weird. Following the link given, it shows that I'm already properly logged in. It seems that the wiki bookmark I was using lacked the HTTPS, strange.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2021, 01:06:42 am »

Yes, it is a bit strange, but due to how the wiki's cookies work, logging in on one (of HTTP or HTTPS) won't log you in on the other (at least when you log in under HTTPS). HTTPS support on the wiki is fairly new, so older bookmarks likely wouldn't have it.

Probably the simplest solution is to redirect all HTTP traffic to HTTPS, which a fair number of sites these days do anyway.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 10:07:15 am »

Probably the simplest solution is to redirect all HTTP traffic to HTTPS, which a fair number of sites these days do anyway.
Speaking of which, is there a reason why that wasn't implemented immediately after HTTPS support was added?
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2021, 12:23:21 pm »

HTTPS  support was added in the middle of a server migration and Mediawiki upgrade, and I think we wanted to minimize the number of potential issues that could occur at the same time.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2021, 12:30:07 pm »

In any case, thanks for that and I'm glad it was as simple as my bookmark being old.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD