Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 115

Author Topic: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!  (Read 73865 times)

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Day 1 begins
« Reply #210 on: February 24, 2021, 06:30:42 pm »

Mamobo has dreams, too!

Lurker Track
------------------------
4maskwolf - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 Last post was 5 hours ago.
BluarianKnight - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last post was less than an hour ago.
IcyTea31 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Last post was 2 hours ago.
Jim Groovester - 1 2 3 4 Last post was 3 hours ago.
juicebox - 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last post was 1 hour ago.
Luckyowl - 1 2 3 4 Last post was 18 hours ago.
notquitethere - 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last post was 1 hour ago.
Secretdorf - 1 2 3 4 Last post was 9 hours ago.
Toaster - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Last post was 5 hours ago.
ToonyMan - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 Last post was 4 hours ago.
TricMagic - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Last post was less than an hour ago.
Vector - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Last post was 1 hour ago.
webadict - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Last post was 1 hour ago.
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 24, 2021, 06:36:01 pm »

pushes NQT up from light blue/scum-lean to null/town[-lean status.
Night everyone. Please don't hammer during the night when I'm asleep? And would still want to see a Mamobo votecounting for those not voting.
7 to Hammer. Day ends on February 26, 2021 at 15:00 CST (~45 hours remaining).[/font]
But there's no hammers in this game!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 24, 2021, 06:37:07 pm »

Also Unvote NQT.

Luckyowl

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 24, 2021, 06:40:51 pm »

Alright, there's some Mamobo for you.

Ah. Okay. I see now that voting you is pointless. Unvote. You are going to do very little Today and that will show that you are scum. But, if you'd like, you could give everyone some reads while you're asking for them from other people.

Secretdorf
That reads post was not a reads post, that was a joke. Never mind that.

Games with lots of players are a bit difficult to get into when you are late, but I'll try. First of all, I don't understand why you claimed, tricmagic? How is that supposed to help town in any way?
I think webadict is town this time mostly a gut-read on his reads post which I think was town-motivated. But I have a bad habit of taking people giving reads analysis as town, so I might reconsider that.
Blueknight might be town if I compare his play in this game with the VM. In that game, his posts were filled with explanations. Although, someone might be coaching him. Still, some of his posts are scummy.
I am 90%sure luckyowl is mafia this game but I am not going to press that until I have evidence.
NQT hasn't posted a lot but I think he is town this time as his posts don't look like he has been constructing townreads on himself.
4mask is probably survivor but I haven't read anything about wererat. What is that?
Toonyman is slight scumlean idk why.
Jim G is probably town or probaly not town ie null.
ICT is townlean.
You don't need evidence on the Luckyowl feeling here. Just needs more information on why you're feeling it. Also, some on ToonyMan too, because I disagree on that one. What about the people that you haven't read yet?

Night everyone. Please don't hammer during the night when I'm asleep? And would still want to see a Mamobo votecounting for those not voting.
7 to Hammer. Day ends on February 26, 2021 at 15:00 CST (~45 hours remaining).[/font]
... I don't want to have to fix the code right now.

Let me catch up on what I've missed.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 24, 2021, 06:43:26 pm »

@Jim:
>has an important meeting today
>gets hammered while singing about titans the night before
no hammers

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 24, 2021, 06:47:11 pm »

Webadict, I meant getting intoxicated there. On beer. Hammered. Shitfaced. Drunk on the booze.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 24, 2021, 06:50:48 pm »

Tric
I have no powers, so feel free to come and kill me. Or watch me. Or anything else.
What specific role name do you have then?

Toaster
Could you elaborate, please?  On a scale of 1-10, how convinced are you that 4mask is not on a standard scum team?
I'm 9/10 4mask not being on a scum team, and 6/10 on him not being a serial killer. Scum-team players rarely draw attention to themselves unbidden like that, and claiming wererat is the correct play. I remember playing a survivor in one of Vector's games and the scum team just randomly killed me and I remember musing at the time that I'd have been better off claiming from the start to avoid that fate happening. Here's a question for you: which player is being most cautious right now?

Juicebox: vote for someone.

Initial Reads

D1 reads are so rough but here we go:

==Townish==
Vector - V's hackles being raised over 4mask was all a genuine reaction. I like the push back on Web
ToonyMan - Paying attention, thinking back to earlier games with my meta (though my first post in MVM2 was quite different: I contrived the wording for a fakeclaim in that game).
BluarianKnight - Good push, attention to detail, posted reads, I like so far, but I get what Jim didn't like
Secretdorf: I like their reads post; looking forward to seeing more of him
Jim Groovester: reactions to the thread feel genuine, less of the aggressively low-effort anti-play of scum!Jim. I want to see a case from him.
Toaster: Comes in swinging, but I think I need to see more before I can get a handle.

==Under Suspicion==
Tric: claimed VT straight off, which is poor town play regardless, but it could also be a cover claim or some kind of baiting move. I don't agree with their reads at all.
IcyTea: their push against a normal info post from me is so by the numbers objection-for-objection sake. Bad form. I like that they're asking questions.
webadict: just a gut thing, but I don't feel like their posts have much weight. Their Vector case is reasonable, but it's safe. Something feels off. But then, they were the first player to offer comprehensive reads list, so town points for that. Hmm.
juicebox: reactive, low profile. Scum.
Luckyowl - Has done nothing. Plus, if anyone's going to take a Devil's bargain and screw the town over at the last moment, it'll be LO.

==3rd party==
4maskwolf - I'm convinced that the correct move for vanilla survivors is to claim first thing, so that in itself is not a check against. If something fishy is going on with night kills or whatever, we can lynch on a future day.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #217 on: February 24, 2021, 07:02:26 pm »

I am present, and again I am town. I won't be saying much since I hate day 1 and would only make myself look scummy eventhough I am town. If anything I will be useful for townies during the night phase. If scum kills me then at least you'll see I'll flip and my night action will still go through either way.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 24, 2021, 07:05:02 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
BluarianKnight: 4maskwolf, IcyTea31
IcyTea31: BluarianKnight, notquitethere, TricMagic
Luckyowl: Secretdorf, ToonyMan
Secretdorf: webadict
TricMagic: Toaster
webadict: Vector

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Friday

Just to confirm, there are no vote Hammers in this game. And the day ends 17:00 PST, not 15:00 CST. Not that I'm complaining about web having this stuff in Mamobo, just making sure people are clear on the details.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 24, 2021, 07:05:50 pm »

NQT's whole response to my claim has been pretty mrrrr for one simple reason.

He knows better than anyone the kinds of shit I get up to as a wolf.

He was in the game where I claimed martyr as a mafia member.

He was the one who helped me come up with my "town lone vampire" fakeclaim in Supernatural 8.

He's seen me casually throw both my scumbuddies under the bus for an all or nothing shot at victory.

So I can't understand why he walks into the game and his immediate reaction is "hmm, 4mask open claimed survivor. He's either an SK or telling the truth," unless he knows for certain I'm not a member of the mafia team.

I also don't understand, given his justifications of why he believes my claim, his immediate reaction to it was to accuse me of being an SK and vote me if it's really that believable of a claim. Feels like retroactive justification he didn't actually believe.

Side note.

Sort by postcount, become mafia expert. Secretdorf has a lot of wolf equity and his townread on NQT was just mrrrr enough that I'm considering that scumteam as a possiblity.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 24, 2021, 07:07:14 pm »

NQT's entire analysis of me basically feels like it's lacking any kind of actual analysis based on his knowledge of my previous play and is just the most clinical possible analysis in order to read my claim as legitimate in hopes of getting me on his good side.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 24, 2021, 07:15:00 pm »

Woo boy this is going to be a lot of reads. Ealry days, but might as well post a real readlist. Lets see how well I do.

webadict: Slight Town read. Don't expect any analysis on this cause after vengeful my memory on the first day of the game is fuzzy.
Vector: Vector doesn't get a read or a color. Ties to webadict yes, but no color. Null-read.
TricMagic: Naturally I cannot give comments on my own alignment. Ifyou read ths, have a cookie.  ;D
ToonyMan: Town read. Previous post says it all, and none of their other posts dispute it for me. [See wuba for explanation there.]
BluarianKnight: Null. Seems town-like. But his voting seems more like taking my advice on using your vote literally and liberally. There is the whole parrot thing 4mask points out. On the whole, I'll tentatively place them as town for the sake of narrowing down the list.
Luckyowl: Town-ish. This will likely solidify as we enter future days with less people.
Secretdorf: Top scum-pick of today. Few posts, a joke post, and a readlist with more scum on it than can fit in this game, and few to no town.
4maskwolf: Survivor, third party wolf throwing shade, or scum. You can decide, but any votes on him won't do much.[I will get to the rest of your post later, it's just that one point I wanted to address while I got going]
Toaster: Null. You, like Vector, don't get any reads. Unlike Vector, you also aren't currently tied to anyone.
juicebox: Null. Like Toaster. I need to see more from you to gain an opinion.
Jim Groovester: How quaint the suspicious people are at the bottom. Lurking, promising more later, you get the jist. Your streak may end, so best get hunting so it doesn't happen.
IcyTea31: Gut instinct that your posts were wrong. And now you are using yours, so... Kinda leaning away from you for now, but you will end up higher if secretdorf is scum.
notquitethere: Still notquitehere. Leaning more to scummyness than towniness, but not to the point you get a blue color.

Previewed, fixed typos and sent. An uncut version for my current feelings on everyone. Enjoy and read, if I ever die it will be useful. If not, still useful, just not confirmed one way or the other.
Alright, so a while back, I was gonna give 4maskwolf some credit and lower my townlean on Tric, but I never got around to posting it, so... Whatever. But, I want to note this post down for later reference. I'm still leaning on TricMagic being Town, and it's going to be fairly difficult because I don't have a really good reason on why, but I am baffled by some of these reads and still think they're Town. Luckyowl is the weirdest one specifically because Lucky hadn't done anything. Why am I Town?

Why is everyone leaning me as Town? Wtf? Is all it takes just to be nicer?

I've been making this game so much harder on myself... Setting cruise control, baby.

@Webadict:
Also, I feel like I'm sheeping ToonyMan hard because I agree with a lot of things they're saying.
That's because you know I'm right or you know I'm right.
Yes, but you often steal my points before I get to post them. Upsetting.

Absolutely. I get this kind of pushback in every game where I provide information. People are always like "yeah but it's not scum reads". I'm a man for all seasons, I can do both. But I am beholden to the laws of time and space just like everyone else, so I usually can't do both simultaneously. This criticism will hold water if I do literally nothing else in the day other than be informative.
Would you mind a readslist for us? I do appreciate the scumlist, and it'd be pretty useful when we need to fullclaim, but I am in agreement with the rest that it's not a replacement for reads.

Gonna do another post in a bit, with more questions to folks - but I just wanted to answer the questions aimed at me first. Let me know if I missed one - I genuinely might have missed a question, I did only a scroll through for my name.
I would appreciate this. I'd also like to point out that I could very well be lying to you, and it's not wise to trust everything I say. So, the question is what makes you trust me?

PPEs:
I am present, and again I am town. I won't be saying much since I hate day 1 and would only make myself look scummy eventhough I am town. If anything I will be useful for townies during the night phase. If scum kills me then at least you'll see I'll flip and my night action will still go through either way.
... Okay, so like, first of all, if you're Town, it'd make more sense to provide something so that you give scum rationale to kill you. Second of all, if you make it to Day 2 with what you have now, won't you be in a monumentally worse position because of that stance?

Just to confirm, there are no vote Hammers in this game. And the day ends 17:00 PST, not 15:00 CST. Not that I'm complaining about web having this stuff in Mamobo, just making sure people are clear on the details.
I forgot how time works. I am apparently very tired.

NQT's entire analysis of me basically feels like it's lacking any kind of actual analysis based on his knowledge of my previous play and is just the most clinical possible analysis in order to read my claim as legitimate in hopes of getting me on his good side.
Are people seriously suspecting you? That's incredibly silly. There's no point right now.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 24, 2021, 07:21:07 pm »

Alright, I fixed the code, Meph. And I learned time zones.

I'm gonna hold my readlist until I see how Bluarian replies, so they can't steal it.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 24, 2021, 07:24:53 pm »

Are people seriously suspecting you? That's incredibly silly. There's no point right now.
What's going on is I'm not explaining myself very well.

NQT entered the thread with a vote on my and accusing me of being an SK. This feels like an acknowledgement of my meta, as back in the days I played with him a lot that was absolutely something I would have done. But what's been bothering me throughout the day is that his first thought was that I was SK, not Mafia. Because that same meta knowledge that would lead to "4mask might actually claim survivor as an SK" should absolutely have lead to "4mask might actually claim survivor as mafia" because that's absolutely something I would have done. He's seen it before, when I claimed martyr as a member of the mafia team. So the fact that his first thought was "SK or survivor" and not "Mafia or survivor" feels like he came into the game knowing for a fact I wasn't mafia, so his knee-jerk reaction was "is this an SK?"

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 24, 2021, 07:25:53 pm »

I wouldn't make that read on anyone else but NQT knows the depths of my shenanigans better than anyone here.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 115