Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 115

Author Topic: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!  (Read 69022 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Day 1 begins
« Reply #600 on: February 26, 2021, 08:00:50 pm »

Reading into the NK is not good B12 meta >:[
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: February 26, 2021, 08:03:02 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
BluarianKnight: 5: Jim Groovester, juicebox, Luckyowl, Toaster, Vector
juicebox: 3: 4maskwolf, notquitethere, webadict
Luckyowl: 3: BluarianKnight, IcyTea31, ToonyMan
Toaster: 1: Persus13

The Count stands up and raises his hands for silence.

"Day ends, and it is time for you to cast your final votes."

Around the circle you go, names being declared. "BluarianKnight!" "Juicebox!" and so on.

In the end, BluarianKnight has the most votes. The Count looks at them with a somber face.

"And now we shall see how good the judgement of your peers is." He raises up the Book, and reads the words within out loud. You hear them, but cannot recall what they are for even a moment after they pass by your ears.

The lights dim.

The band of runes around BluarianKnight's neck blow a bright yellow, so searing that you must look away.

There is a cry of pain, and the lights return.

BluarianKnight lies dead. The runes on their neck have changed to a charred black, and are words instead of runes.

"Loyal Dreamwalker of the Lands" reads out the Count. "Pity. Darkness wins this day, I am afraid. See that it gets no more footholds, or we may all end like that."

"For now, return to your homes. The Trials begin anew with Dawn's light."

Night has fallen. Send in your actions!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 08:11:19 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Night 1 has one less Dreamer
« Reply #602 on: March 01, 2021, 12:25:12 am »

Dawn rises, cold and dim.

Yet the magic of the Trials beckons you back with an unwavering pull.

You return to the tent.

Somewhat to your surprise, everyone else arrives as well.

Even BluarianKnight has somehow managed to return!

The Count seems rather shocked at their appearance, but says nothing about it and simply begins the rites of the day.

The Trial has begun.

Day 2 has begun! It will go until ~5pm Pacific Wednesday.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Day 2 has a full house
« Reply #603 on: March 01, 2021, 12:32:31 am »

I hate cults.

Luckyowl:  Did you bring back BluarianKnight?

BluarianKnight:  Are you still town?

Meph:  If a Town Priest that is Pious (or whatever the term for "would res normally" is converted in the night to another team, what would happen to the res target?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: March 01, 2021, 12:35:11 am »

I hate cults.

I hope you're not right but I fear that you are.

I am looking forward to the rehash of Day 1 that Day 2 is going to be.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: March 01, 2021, 12:43:55 am »

Meph:  If a Town Priest that is Pious (or whatever the term for "would res normally" is converted in the night to another team, what would happen to the res target?

Resurrections happen after Conversions, so they would act like a normal priest for that faction.
Come play Mafia with us!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 01, 2021, 12:47:44 am »

Oh good, potential toofer.

Meph:  In the above circumstance, if they were an IMpious priest, would they convert to their team or unleash a third party as in past games?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 01, 2021, 12:50:21 am »

Meph:  In the above circumstance, if they were an IMpious priest, would they convert to their team or unleash a third party as in past games?

If it goes wrong, it can go wrong in many different ways. But never as intended for the team the priest is on.
Come play Mafia with us!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 01, 2021, 12:51:28 am »

"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: March 01, 2021, 12:54:55 am »

Yes.  Started town, still town.

You?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 01, 2021, 12:58:32 am »

I'm going to bed soon, however there's a few things I would like to say.

First, I wrote down some notes during Night 1. Thankfully, I am alive so I can post it:

(Warning: Strong Language)

Nobody died so I don't need to cross anybody out, although we have Blue back now.

In summary after rereading...

1. I trust Webadict more, so I'm bumping Lucky out of scum for now.
2. I'm seriously suspicious of Juicebox and Vector's play at the end of Day 1.

My gut feeling is that Toaster and Juicebox are scum with a third being between...Lucky/Vector/Persus.

Second, some questions:

Juicebox, can you explain why you were actually reading EoD when you said you would be away? What did you see last night as a Dreamwalker?

Luckyowl, what happened last night? Did you res Blue?

Blue, how was last night? Are you still a Dreamwalker?

I hate cults.
A conversion is very possible last night. This kind of situation happened in Supernatural 7.

For reference, in Super7 I thought that Jack AT blocked the kill on Night 1, but what actually happened is that the Dark Magus converted Toaster. Toasted was inspected as town on Night 1, but conversions happen after inspections.

There's a chance the kill was prevent (for example, somebody redirected the kill onto TricMagic). But we would need somebody to claim if they're sure. There's also a chance that Lucky was protected from the kill.

I'm also fine with checking/lynching Lucky today, if Lucky flips town then Blue is either town or third-party right?

PPE:
If it goes wrong, it can go wrong in many different ways. But never as intended for the team the priest is on.
Oh. Great. Never mind what I just said.

I hate cults.
Are you still town?
Vector, I feel like you've been active-lurking. Your posts during the end of Day 1 leave me with a bad taste.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: March 01, 2021, 01:33:40 am »

Yes.  Started town, still town.

You?

Indeed, started town, still town.

Toony, I've mentioned multiple times why I thought BK was suspicious, starting way towards the beginning of D1. I agree that Juicebox looks awful but I wasn't going to budge off of a self-voter.

Additionally: you don't like CFDs and you're attacking me for refusing to CFD? Yeah ... sure ... cool ...

It's late here. I'll probably lurk the thread a little but I need to do a reread. And watch another combinatorics lecture.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 01, 2021, 01:52:43 am »

Wow, checked forums before going to bed, of course Day starts now.

I would prefer we pressured juicebox. I'll have more tomorrow.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 01, 2021, 02:15:05 am »

I reread the end of day. I'll poke at some stuff I don't really care about just to get things going.

A bit lost since infoless nights are hard to work with.

Interesting that as far as I can see, Juicebox has never attended to my attacks against his character. Aside from being relentlessly defended by Jim, what does he have going for him?

I feel like I haven't said much about juicebox so I don't see how anything I've said in his favor could be viewed as relentless.

Jim felt pretty lazy during EoD.

I was playing Stellaris while the deadline was passing, because two hours before the deadline I assumed (incorrectly) that the day would pass quietly with a Luckyowl lynch and I decided to play a video game. I forgot about the thread for two hours and checked it only minutes after the deadline passed.

In BYOR15 I was absolutely lazy but I was also scum. This game I just wasn't around.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 01, 2021, 06:23:52 am »

So we're most likely dealing with Vampires, Charismatic Cult, or Dark Magus. For reference: vampires become slaves and lose their town roles, cultists keep their town roles (except monster hunter now?) and Dark Magus can convert as a one-shot, and then has a factional kill. So what happens tomorrow, and whether people who have confirmable roles can keep confirming them will maybe clue us in.

Overall, the least suspected players yesterday, in order, were:

Very not lynchable
1. Jim
2. Toony
Not Lynchable
3. Web
4. Vector
Everyone else...

If there was a conversion, the conversion probably happened in this pool. Everyone else is much more lynchable. That all said, we actually want to lynch the converter as a priority. Let's assume the converter is someone moderately suspected from outside this pool:

Toaster -  Unknown
IcyTea31 - Unknown
--
juicebox - claimed dreamwalker, let's see if they follow through on a dream
Persus13/Secretdorf - highly unlikely due to lynch composition
notquitethere - not me
TricMagic - mess of fakeclaims but probably not the converter because of it
BluarianKnight - confirmed dreamwalker
Luckyowl - confirmed priest (though I suppose there could be another priest in the scum team that he's claiming over)
4maskwolf - third party

We'll all be kicking ourselves if Toaster is evil in this game again. Why shouldn't we eliminate you, Toast?

(But don't think I haven't forgotten about you Juice, let's hear that report.)

I feel like I haven't said much about juicebox so I don't see how anything I've said in his favor could be viewed as relentless.
Maybe "relentless" was too strong, but you did defend him three times so I wasn't imagining that:
Spoiler: Jim on Juice (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 115