Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 115

Author Topic: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!  (Read 69449 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Day 2 has a full house
« Reply #840 on: March 03, 2021, 07:59:55 am »

Ok if everyone is just going to lynch me because juicebox was lurking then you might as well replace me out. Waste of time.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: March 03, 2021, 08:02:46 am »

NQT, Icytea, Jim, and Toaster. (early day) I can't trust any of you guys. To the point I wouldn't be suprised if we had a 1-man mafia(as werewolf converter, what that role is called) and 1-man cult leader to go along with the devil, and no natural nightkills at the start.(or they both just used a convert.) We apparently have a survivor and a vampire now. Chaso.

Luckyowl, Caz, and Persus. I'd say these three make sense to me as lynches.
Why are all three of your lynch choices outside of your "can't trust" list?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: March 03, 2021, 08:06:24 am »

Ok if everyone is just going to lynch me because juicebox was lurking then you might as well replace me out. Waste of time.
I'm in fact currently giving you a chance, which is why I haven't butted into your conversation with NQT.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: March 03, 2021, 08:17:36 am »

NQT, Icytea, Jim, and Toaster. (early day) I can't trust any of you guys. To the point I wouldn't be suprised if we had a 1-man mafia(as werewolf converter, what that role is called) and 1-man cult leader to go along with the devil, and no natural nightkills at the start.(or they both just used a convert.) We apparently have a survivor and a vampire now. Chaso.

Why are all three of your lynch choices outside of your "can't trust" list?

Because I literally can't trust you four. That doesn't make you scum with so many third parties around. If it was third party hunting we needed to do, I'd have a field day. As is these three are my scum picks.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: March 03, 2021, 08:20:24 am »

Yeah, I was willing to give you one chance. You completely blew it faster than Persus did. And like him you haven't redeemed that mistake. I've never actually played with you before to my memory, so no clue if this pecking is your playstyle or not. But it doesn't fit well.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: March 03, 2021, 08:23:16 am »

It's not because juice was lurking, it was his cases. But look, I'd like you to stick around and play (especially if you are town). Tell me about your Vector and Jim reads.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: March 03, 2021, 08:26:27 am »

PFP

@Jim:
Half of that is to goad Vector. I am suspicious enough to vote them over the WIFOM spewing if Lucky decides to play. I seriously don't want to play if there's a full cult.

@Caz:
I understand your grievances and it feels genuine. Lucky isn't even trying compared to you, it pisses me off.

@TricMagic:
I hate your town play if this is real. Scummy.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: March 03, 2021, 08:28:02 am »

I plan on posting a D1 analysis when I'm at a computer.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: March 03, 2021, 08:30:34 am »

Tric
To the point I wouldn't be suprised if we had a 1-man mafia(as werewolf converter, what that role is called) and 1-man cult leader to go along with the devil, and no natural nightkills at the start.(or they both just used a convert.) We apparently have a survivor and a vampire now. Chaso.
There is no werewolf converter role and it's unlikely we have vampires (especially if we have a "lone" vampire), but you do pose an interesting scenario in which there's a small Charismatic Cult and a Dark Magus. However, outside of games explicitly labelled bastard or semi-bastard, I somewhat doubt there'd be two rival scum teams.

LuckyOwl, why are you self-voting? Was it helpful when Blu did that? Who should we actually lynch?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: March 03, 2021, 08:36:12 am »

NQT's Tally Sheet
Jim Groovester: 1: Persus13
Caz: 2: BluarianKnight, notquitethere
Luckyowl: 3: Luckyowl, ToonyMan, TricMagic
notquitethere: 2: Vector, webadict
ToonyMan: 1: Caz
Vector: 1: IcyTea31,

Jim Groovester, Toaster, 4maskwolf, who do you favour to eliminate today?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: March 03, 2021, 08:44:35 am »

I love what you're trying to do webadict, but its very demoralizing to be told to investigate harder because I certainly feel like I've been doing that. I've read the thread like three times today, I've tried to focus down individual players, I've tried looking at vote interactions, and at the end of the day I've got no clue or fresh insights on who the scum are. And for the second day in a row, we're lynching freaking LuckyOwl. I can tell you who I know the cult leader isn't. I'm certain its not NQT or 4mask, and maybe not Tric, and everyone knows its not Blu, but that's 4 players out of 12.

Sorry for the rant. D2 has been a demoralizing, unfun, slog for me, and whoever the scumteam is, they're denying me the msot fun parts of the game.
Honestly get where you're coming from. Sometimes more investigation isn't necessary. I'm mostly posting my thoughts in case I'm NKed.

If you believe the Cult Leader is the top priority, it's going to be hard to push the wagon from Lucky.

Who is the most likely to be Cult Leader to you?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: March 03, 2021, 09:01:33 am »

Damn you lot post a lot while I'm sleeping...

What. There's no way in hell this is a multiball, especially not a multiball with double cult.

Please don't. You're under suspicion, not up on the chopping block, you've got time and wiggle room to change people's minds on you.

Three people giving up and two others replacing out is not fun.

Toonyman: I'm not going to bother finding your post in question to quote but I'm of the personal opinion that reading into why people replaced out is both bad form and incredibly unreliable.

NQT: As funny as that would be, I wouldn't do that. Simple answer: lying about my role makes my later claim less believable, no matter how townie I am in the intervening period.

I like the analysis you're doing but I think there's a major flaw in it: that is, you don't adjust based on the meta of the players you're looking at. While you wouldn't know this because this is a more recent thing I mostly do on MU, me high-posting is pretty NAI, I always have a high post count (in my last game as town I was at almost 500 posts on D1). Jim, conversely, strikes me as a player with a low postcount but high density of information in his posts, and thus "sort by postcount, become mafia expert" isn't really as applicable there. It also feels like your reads are coming entirely from your mechanical analysis and not at all from the way people are actually playing, which is ???

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: March 03, 2021, 09:09:27 am »

If you believe the Cult Leader is the top priority, it's going to be hard to push the wagon from Lucky.
Somehow I doubt that if Lucky is mafia...

@4maskwolf:
That was towards Juice in my Day 2 reads. Fair enough, I'm not going to count it against them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: March 03, 2021, 09:12:12 am »

@IcyTea:
I wouldn't say I have a case on Toaster at all. The best thing I have is reading into the Secret/Tric stuff on Day 1.

Also, you're my top Devil pick.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: March 03, 2021, 09:19:38 am »

4mask, I've long held that how players use their vote is more important than what they say most of the time: town players spend most of their time being wrong, but the behaviour can still be read. My reads aren't all mechanical but it's literally the case that players tend to be more engaged and hunt more targets when they play as town. There's outliers, obviously, but this shakes out to real insights. And I am thinking about player's cases and their interactions too.

Let's see if you can put your increased posting to some use. Everyone loves Jim, so tell me what makes him town specifically. And it's surely not his pivot to walls of text in this game, is it?
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 115