Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Do player made forts that are retired add new possible materials to caravans?  (Read 830 times)

DogsRNice

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist Maclunky
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile

So caravans can only supply things that a civilization has access to but can this change if a player made fort exports for example a type of stone that it’s civilization previously didn’t have?
I had an FB named Ned once.  I kept imagining a giant Ned Flanders...

Want an underground tree with green wood? Check out this tiny mod I made to add one

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No. Currently the materials and items available to caravans are set at the time the starting site is created, based on resources available in some close proximity. The exception to that is books, which become available gradually as they are written or recovered (and they can include necro books...). I guess it could also include religious items, such as dies, if caravans carry those.

I would guess (re)introduction of the economy should include a more dynamic supply and demand situation where resources are gained and lost depending on the extent of the trade network.

Currently a civ can't gain new kinds of tame animals either, as training knowledge filtered back to the civ can't reach the fully tame state.