Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What stockpile do books/codices go in?  (Read 939 times)

tiresius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What stockpile do books/codices go in?
« on: February 22, 2021, 02:24:03 pm »

Every time I buy books from merchants they sit at the Trade Depot.  I figured they would be finished goods, I don't mess with Types that much.
I noticed Sheets is its own category but I made a stockpile of those and they weren't hauled.

Is there a trick to get my purchased scrolls/codices and whatnot out of the rain and away from Keas who like poetry?

They do get hauled to bookshelves when I construct them, but many times I'm not ready for a library.
"There are no safe paths in this part of the world.  Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild now, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go." - Gandalf in The Hobbit

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What stockpile do books/codices go in?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 02:41:23 pm »

Finished goods IIRC.  I think they're classified as tools or something.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

tiresius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 10:13:16 pm »

These are written books if that makes a difference.
"There are no safe paths in this part of the world.  Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild now, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go." - Gandalf in The Hobbit

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 10:42:25 pm »

These are written books if that makes a difference.
Then build bookcases so you don't have to worry about it.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2021, 10:51:44 pm »

Do you need to do a library for them?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2021, 10:53:29 pm »

Do you need to do a library for them?
Ah, not sure. I always have a library by the time I start building bookcases.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2021, 01:20:21 am »

Wiki says
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

tiresius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2021, 09:44:25 pm »

I think this is a bug, traded-for  scrolls don't go to the finished goods stockpiles for me.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2021, 06:43:24 am »

Do you have any mods or edits on yoyr game?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

tiresius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2021, 02:12:28 pm »

No it's vanilla through and through.  I was hoping someone would corroborate my findings but apparently it's just me.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2021, 02:59:38 pm »

Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2021, 05:13:15 pm »

Oh, its easy. Just change the game to have all scrolls made out of leather, elven of preference and they will be stockpiled.

tiresius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2021, 01:03:31 pm »

This bug?
Shoot I searched the tracker for a while and didn't see anything thanks for finding that.
I'm not crazy (at least in that respect).