Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: An incredibly small suggestion I feel would help quite a lot.  (Read 899 times)

Sky-Streamer

• Bay Watcher
  • You are filled with AN EXCESSIVE NUMBER OF BOLTS.
    • View Profile
An incredibly small suggestion I feel would help quite a lot.
« on: February 25, 2021, 12:27:19 pm »

The ability to move the camera by clicking and dragging the middle mouse button; That would be a very reliable, easy-to-use method of camera movement.
i told you about those stairs man
i TOLD you DOG

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: An incredibly small suggestion I feel would help quite a lot.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 02:34:26 pm »

With the UI rewrite for Steam (and non-Steam version, but without the fancier graphics) this might be on the cards. Watch this space?

(Though I'm one of those luddites who find keyboard control preferable at the moment, and other (non-luddite) players may still be using meeses with less than three button... Though others may have up to 12 of the buggers, and/or surface-detected gesture control. :P )

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: An incredibly small suggestion I feel would help quite a lot.
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 11:16:42 pm »

With the UI rewrite for Steam (and non-Steam version, but without the fancier graphics) this might be on the cards. Watch this space?

(Though I'm one of those luddites who find keyboard control preferable at the moment, and other (non-luddite) players may still be using meeses with less than three button... Though others may have up to 12 of the buggers, and/or surface-detected gesture control. :P )

Fellow Luddite here,

I have a suspicion that keyboard control will always be the faster method of fortress management, despite the menu-searching and whatnot. It's simply easier to muscle-memory your hands to set key positions, than it is to muscle-memory your mouse pointer to a specific button or slider.

RE: the suggestion, well, agreed, but we'll have to wait and see just what the new U.I. looks and feels like.