Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Xorvintaal (IC)  (Read 1842 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Xorvintaal (IC)
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2022, 06:06:00 pm »

Spoiler: Map-ish (click to show/hide)
Aww, you didn't iterate from the map I put on discord earlier :c
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also I believe that copper deposit in in the Clli.
Fixed. The east four corners area is still a bit crowded :P

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Xorvintaal (IC)
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2022, 10:11:15 pm »

So the swordsman's a bear, then?
Yep. Would've been fun to play with them.
Eh, what's done is done. I've got a different idea, though.
Really, now?
Yeah, it involves plants.
Of course it does. But are you sure it will
work?
........nnnnnnoooooooooooot entirely?
*sigh* Okay. Listen, here's something else we can do...

Acter chugs a manafont and gets to work.

Summon Elemental Spirit (X) [4] + Create useful animal + Sphere [Improvement] Essence

The mountainside rumbles. Stone shifts. Within the Bluehold, Ygdri has squirreled away to the upper reaches of the fountain-tree, doing her best to watch what happens even as she is waved through the air this way and that. And then suddenly

stillness.

The only sound to be heard is the soft whistling of the air over the earth, as the world waits to see what has occurred. The next minute, an answer rises from the stone.

There is only one creature at first. A large beast - had Ygdri stood next to it, she was fairly certain she'd have come only to its shoulder, and the heights of its back reached a few feet higher. Seven ifioi would need to stand in a line to match its length from head to tail - and oh, what a tail! Though much of it was a relatively thin thing - if only by comparison to the rest of the creature's bulk - its end was a great stone, a club that no doubt would be very painful to be struck by. Its body, meanwhile, was armored in spiked, rocky plates, thick armor that could take the strike of a blade and leave the offending weapon dulled. And yet despite all the weighty armor it bore, the creature stood unbothered, its strength so great as to be unbothered by the burden it had grown with. And though its flesh under the earthen scales it was clad in was still the meat of life, its bones were, if anything, hardier than its exterior! Bones as strong as good steel, though still earthen in nature, made up the beast's skeletal structure - a powerful foundation from which the rest of the creature could be built, and the source of a powerful set of horns.

And then.

And then.

There was only one creature... at first.

Then there was another.

Two more.

Three.

From the earth and stone they stood, clambering out of the mountainside they came. Shi'ryoan, the armored beasts. Creatures of the mountains, sprouting at Acter's call.

And then the earth trembled again. Not from the motion of the shi'ryoan, though their steps ran through the air like a sound of thunder - no. Something greater.

In the distance, Ygdri saw a great tree shift in its place. One of the several she had tried to grow upon the mountain's stony side, it alone had been reasonably successful. Perhaps it had been serendipitously planted in a patch of good soil; perhaps it was naturally hardier.
Whatever the case may be, its time where it had been rooted had, at least in one sense, come to an end.

The tree rose, as a shi'ryoan greater than any of the others stood. Over twice more vast in any dimension than any of its brethren, the massive creature lumbered toward the Bluehold, uncaring of the entire tree rooted in its back. Ygdri clambered down from her treetop position, setting down upon the battlements of her home, as the enormous shi'ryoan approached her.

In her mind's eye, Ygdri made contact.

Teresh

And Teresh bowed.

See?
I see. Ankylosaurs.
You can't
not make ankylosaurs when given the opportunity.
I know, I know, I wasn't complaining. Problem though.
Mmm?
We now have two leftover cards - three technically, but that werewolf one was never going to get used - two leftover cards and zero leftover mana.
We got something effective done, though, so I don't see the problem.
Fair, fair. Though the edible plants is free...
How did you get the edible plants card
again?
Friend. Anyway let's throw even more plants everywhere!
I swear on the Source, you're obsessed.
Come on, it's all in good fun!

Create Edible Plant (0)

Grains suddenly appear! Grains of some sort. Uh, which type of grains do decently in the mountains... fuck it, we're a god, we can make whatever kind of grain we want.
Is rice a grain? Rice is probably a grain. Yeah, rice is definitely a grain. Mountain-rice! It's here, it grows well in the relatively-thin soil of the area surrounding the Bluehold, it tastes excellent with spices or broths, and all that good stuff rice is known for!

Really.
I want Auranor to come by. His wolfgirl needs grains.
...I suppose that's fair.

Once all that is done, Acter reaches out to Ygdri with some instructions.

As you can see, I have sent you with some rather strong beasts of burden and, in the unfortunate short term, war. I believe that they should help in filling in some of the gaps in your strategic and tactical toolbox, and you'll find that they are rather easy to domesticate. I'm quite pleased with how they turned out.

Aside from the shi'ryoan, there are three other considerations I believe you should be notified of. First, Jud has created a powerful elemental near the center of the southern mountains, quite nearly halfway between Bluehold and the dwarves' mountainhome. It would be advantageous if you could visit it and, if not sway it to be aligned with you, at the least preempt the possibility of hostilities between you two. Although Teresh could likely combat them effectively, I do not believe it to be worthwhile.
Crwec, meanwhile, has produced another deposit of resources, quite near the fossils in fact, this time composed of iron. It may be worthwhile to conduct another expedition into Chwll, both to retrieve some portion of the iron and, potentially, acquire another measure of fossil. The Ittlithir's, er, 'Tortress' will also be approaching the region, so such an expedition may also be an excellent opportunity to revisit the possibility of diplomacy and alliance with them.
Finally, you will note the...
Acter flips through their notes for a bit. ... the baifan that I have spread in the area surrounding your fortress. There is a merchant linked to Yume no kaze, one by the name of Auranor Copperbeard, whose luck is in part granted by an artifact-spirit with a taste for grains. I am hoping that the new feature will attract them; should it do so, I encourage you to entreat him kindly. I am certain I need not tell you that friends are far nicer to have than enemies.

There are, at least presently, no other pressing concerns that I think you need to be informed of; should that change, I will notify you. As for making use of the information and resources I have given you, I shall leave that up to you; I trust to your intelligence and diplomatic capabilities. May this turn of the hourglass treat you with greater kindness than the last.

Summary:
-I made what are basically rock-and-ground type ankylosaur pokemon dudes who are as strong as an earthquake, as durable as a mountain, and as easy to domesticate as a dog. There's absolutely no way this could go wrong.
--They've also got a legendary momma who's power 4, I think. Who is technically not an elemental, so Lun can't get mad. And also they'd eat shit if they tried.
-Grains for the wolfgirl! Rice for the trade throne! (We're calling it baifan. Because everything must be translated.)
-Oh also I told Ygdri what's up.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 12:28:45 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.
Pages: 1 2 [3]