Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I tried to give my vampire a beer, she drank the bartender...  (Read 810 times)

TofteTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I tried to give my vampire a beer, she drank the bartender...
« on: February 27, 2021, 08:52:11 pm »

Well it's not even the problem. After finishing her bloodmeal she didn't move. She's still near the body. Why is that?
Settings:
She is locked (door) from any other cheese loving dorf but has other things in her prison to interact with, and she should not be slow after eating. Of course she did not move when the decaying body diffused miasma so now she's a bit unhappy about the miasma and watching a friend die... dwarf therapist says she has no job.

What I tried:
1) made her a squad leader and gave an order to move - she didn't
2) waited a bunch for her to move on her own

What I didn't try:
unlocking the door to the other cheese loving dorfs. I want to avoid that so if anyone has an idea that doesn't  involve unlocking the door, I'd appreciate it.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I tried to give my vampire a beer, she drank the bartender...
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 03:32:08 am »

I assume the target location for the squad move order was somewhere the dorf could actually path to, but was it sufficiently far away? The target location is a sort of recommended location, and any position in an area around it can be used as the actual target location for an individual dorf. If the room is small enough, the whole room would count as the target area, and thus there would be no need to move.

Give her a job she can actually perform. You could e.g. make a single tile corpse stockpile in the room and make sure she's got the corpse hauling job enabled.

TofteTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 05:53:41 pm »

Good to know, I'll try it.

Thanks Patrik

Killgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2021, 02:09:16 pm »

You know what would be fun? If a vampire could satisfy their need for alcohol by drinking the blood of a drunk creature.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2021, 02:32:49 pm »

You know what would be fun? If a vampire could satisfy their need for alcohol by drinking the blood of a drunk creature.
Well, the alcohol concentration is blood is way too low to affect a drinker. A lethal concentration is still a lower concentration than what you'll find in a light beer.