Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: [IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden Gaiden: Gensokyo (Hub World)  (Read 2200 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

OOC

Gensokyo. A lovely place to relax, harass the locals, be harassed by the locals, fight a magical being of immense power, and then have tea with them afterward. The party's been given a plot of land in Former Hell (Hell was moved due to overcrowding) by their mysterious benefactor(?) Yakumo Yukari. This was in thanks for un-possessing a few of the important people around with the power of subtlety, grace, and gratuitous violence.

GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Human Village

The blonde youkai girl watches Dani and Joan walk away with a polite wave, before drifting off into the woods once more. The human village isn't too far away, though the path isn't all that well-kept. Suspicious mushrooms show up in occasional patches along the sides, wafting strange odors toward them, but fortunately it's not long until rustic buildings come into view. The pair immediately draws several stares as they come into view, but they don't seem to have actually spooked anyone away. . . yet.

Kourindou

Rory takes the portal Yukari left behind and begins to trek towards the village. However, as he skirts the edge of the forest, he notes a solitary building just on the outskirts. It's fairly large and has a sign in front indicating that it's some kind of. . . antique shop? As far as he can tell from the limited amount he can see, it's mostly just random junk. He can see someone moving on the inside of the building, apparently sweeping or something similar.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 11:47:30 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Dani and Joan
The pair doesn't say much, figuring that if there's a problem or, more likely, if the person they're meeting shows up they'll be approached first. So they head for whatever the most central area for people to go is, probably the town center, and find a cozy place to sit down and chat while they wait.

Rory
The faunus nods, yes, this seems like a good place to entertain himself. And so he walks up and tries the door, walking in if it's unlocked as he presumes and shouting a general greeting to the person apparently working there.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Isobel Low

Quote from: Previous thread
"Hey hey hey hold up. I didn't admit to being a thief. I give things back when asked as long as people don't come at me with torches and pitchforks." Marisa folded her arms. "And look, I know my way around supernatural creatures. I didn't just want to call you a demon right off the bat because of all the multiverse rules, plus the fact that you haven't eaten my girlfriend's face yet, but you're definitely a similar sort of entity." Her expression set itself into a small pout. "I didn't break in, either, I just took an entrance you can't." She looked as if she were about to continue arguing with the tengu, but Isobel's actions were hard to not notice.

She walked over and put a hand on the other shoulder. "Hey, We can relax and unwind a bit now, right? I don't know half the nonsense you got up to, but at least I'm here for. Um. Stuff." She glanced sideways at nothing in particular. "Now let's go get hammered. I need to forget that last expedition, ugh."

Isobel couldn't help but have to stifle an amused snort at Marisa's awkward wording and behavior around "Stuff", but at least that was a smile, if one that soon turned a bit wry. "Take it from me, you probably don't want to know what half the nonsense we got up to was - it has been a time and a half, really. And I'll show you the same mercy when it comes to whatever you were last doing, hah." Isobel shrugged widely and moved towards the edge of the floor, looking downwards. "I wouldn't mind getting a little buzzed, although maybe not quite hammered, heh heh. We wouldn't want to be falling to pieces earlier than intended now, would we?" That last sentence was said with a distinctly teasing tone.

She used an elbow to nudge Marisa in the ribs a little, grinning mischievously at Marisa - she was more interested in messing with Marisa just a little than subtlety. That said... "Rrrrright, well, flying time, I guess." She hovered down slowly between floors, acquiring a sour expression for a moment as she did before she looked at Marisa again. "Oh right - it's not just us, by the way. Another member of the group, a newly transported one I believe, is downstairs as well, and Masako mentioned inviting a guest."

LOTUS
"Well, while I can't necessarily promise much in the way of friend-making from me personally, I believe most of us should at least be smart enough not to go around aggravating people. If someone does, well... they probably deserve the lesson that would follow that. I think my only issue would be if small spats were likely to escalate - this group is much too large a herd of cats to be able to control quite totally when those of us inclined to do so won't be around all the time."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Empi
"Aww, man. Anyone know where someone can get some lubrication around here? These oni peeps seem wild, but I'm looking for something a little milder right now. Still can't remember what happened with that water cooler at the succubus office party...."
The pair suddenly notice a red-headed woman with wings wandering around their area. Judging from her size, she probably isn't one of the native fairies. In fact, you're pretty sure she's with the rest of the group you're with.

A good chance she is, anyway.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dani and Joan
The pair look between themselves briefly before nodding in agreement. "Hey lady, wait up!" Dani is first to bolt up, giving Joan a tug on the hand to get her standing before jogging to catch up the the fairy who very clearly didn't look like any of the others they'd caught glimpses of.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Empi
Empi stops as she looks at the pair, tilting her head.
"....you guys don't look like natives. Say, you seen some crow bird detective lady around here by the name of Masako? Think I lost her a while back. Or some brunette chick in a jumpsuit by the name of Isobel. Smoking hot body, brain sharp as a razor, knows so much about plants I'm actually a lil' jealous, carrying around Marvin the Paranoid Android's snarkier Apple-manufactured brother? Though I suppose he's a fairy right now. Or she. Weird Gensokyo magic. The nerds in Acquisitions would have a field day here."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dani and Joan
The pair looks between each other, perhaps to quickly come to a consensus and agree that the fairy is very much a loon and they should try their luck with someone else that looks wildly out of place. But with a sigh Dani looks back and shakes his head. "I'm... afraid not. We just got here, Lord Death said that we'd meet someone who could help us with our mission and given everyone else fits in... we figured that person was you."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Empi
"....Lord Death? Pretty sure....oh, right, not everyone's Death's a perky goth chick, never mind. Anyway. I'm pretty sure I'm NOT that person. But I'm willing to bet you got sent here like everyone ELSE who isn't me to go save the multiverse, yes?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dani and Joan
The pair look confused for a moment as the process the first parts of information the fairy gives them. This is swiftly followed by a look of understanding and then indifference from Joan, and from Dani, understanding then a smile that can only mean that he enjoys the thought. It takes a moment for the weapon to notice her meister's look but when she does she narrows her eyes and thrusts an elbow into his side. The meister doubles over, sending a glare at his companion who merely frowns back. Empi can feel the silent conversation taking place ending in the conclusion that Joan is jealous even for an outsider, before the two regain their sense and turn back to Empi trying to act as if nothing happened. "Well, Lord Death is... capricious even on a good day and uh.... Yeah no, this sounds totally in character for him to send us off like this. So, is there something we should be doing? Hunting someone down, investigating a possible conspiracy... dicking around at base?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden Gaiden: Gensokyo (Hub World)
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2021, 02:25:47 pm »

Empi lifts an eyebrow.
"Well, fuck if I know. I've just been trying to find somewhere to get something to drink, sheesh. As for what we did here, uh....well, we actually just finished up around here. Had to kick some Giger-looking peeps out, we got given some land here as a reward by the head honcho and uh, I guess we're exploring."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2021, 02:32:30 pm »

Masako's House

"I don't know, I think you'll find I'm even more dangerous once I'm off my feet." She grinned. "Just you wait." She made a short gesture producing a tiny spark of magic, and followed Isobel down, falling at about half the speed one might expect. "Oh, two swords. It's been a while since I've seen one of those." She glanced over Osada before looking back to Isobel. "I'd comment on the company you're finding but I'm pretty sure I count as something just as weird." Marisa shrugged. "Anyway. Booze?"

Kourindou

The man inside nearly leaps out of his skin as Rory barges in and yells a greeting, shouting in startlement and pointing his broom as if it were a sword at the hunter. He then puts a hand on his chest and lets the broom drop to his side, taking a few deep breaths. "Yes. Hello. Ah, I wasn't expecting someone to show up quite like that. Though at least you didn't blow down a wall. I don't believe I recognize you, are you new to Gensokyo? From the outside world, perhaps?" His excitement is unmistakable; with a look around the room, its source is  clear. The shelving is covered in piles of what one might call random junk; discs, broken electronics, the occasional magazine, and at least one smartphone with a shattered screen.
GM of Trespassers V2.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2021, 03:01:24 pm »

Dani and Joan
The pair nod, looking around for a second before shrugging. "Mind if we join you? Don't get to drink to often being from America so I like to take the chance."

Rory
Rory looks around at the... interesting assortment of items around the store before giving the man a contemplative look. "Well, depends on what you mean by "outside world". I'm not from this place at least... I take it you're a collector of a sort?" Rory tilts his head, looking the man over for a moment before his eyes settle back on his face.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2021, 06:32:48 pm »

"What do you mean 'being from America'? Then again, American booze tends to taste like piss. Germany really knows their stuff....anyway, uh, sure. Might as well. I don't particularly fancy bumping into some native who mistakes me for the fun-sized ditzes they called fairies around here."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2021, 02:34:14 am »

Dani and Joan
Dani seems to consider explaining for a moment, then seems to realize he forgets something, before just deciding to follow the fairy without actually explaining with Joan of course staying at his side.
Pages: [1] 2 3