Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: [IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden Gaiden: Ballroom (Travel Phase)  (Read 5995 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The bird swiftly writes out another message.

"One table.  Not one world?"

"Who is boss here?"

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile

Friedhold shrugged his shoulders slowly at the crow's next question.
"As most things in life the answer is not nearly as simple as the question."
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

barkhasia

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Mush stared down at the droplets and a feeling of dread grew in him but he reasoned to himself that if he could be taken out of his home then one day he can return, but the thought of these existential threats slaughtering his people made him tense.

"If these Trespassers exist, do they have a queen that they follow?"
And so the True Emperor came from heaven and laughed. ‘I am but a farmer, these tricks of kings and rage of men are beyond my humble nature. I do have one talent, however. I can pluck the weeds, and when the fields grow long and ungainly’, and here he pulled his divine scythe and advanced on the crowd. ‘I can reap my harvest’.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The bird stares at Friedhold curiously for a bit.. well, it would, to one who could read bird expressions.  To normal people it just stares and tilts its head for a bit, pawing at the countertop.

"Where we are going?"

and

"Where is good place for nest?"

are the next two questions.

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile

Friedhold gestured to the door out of the kitchen and into the ballroom.
"If you wish to know where we are headed I suggest you check the Throne Room.  It is where the controls to the shop appear to be.  It is down the hall, to the right."
He shifted his wrist turning to point a bit more left.
"If you wish to rest there are rooms the the left in the hall, both suites and smaller quarters."
By the hands of power.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will, Thank You, scraches out the bird.

Will my stuff be safe?  Is the next line, with the bird pointedly looking at the happy lizardthing camping in the corner of the room.

It then adds one more line to the bottom.

Who are you?  I'm Newton.  Do you want some meat?

At that, the bird finishes by sticking its beak into its chest feathers, and pulling out a small chunk of cooked meat, holding it out towards the slender man.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 12:08:56 am by Devastator »

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile

Friedhold shrugs back and forth at the first question.
"For a value of the word.  Do not leave things unattended and unmarked long if you wish to keep them.
Friedhold shakes his head slowly at the second question.
"I am Friedhold von Grimmleshausen, and no I do not want any meat."
By the hands of power.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The bird swallows the meat instead of putting it back, before writing one more time.

"That's just a name.  What do you do?"

"I'm a crow.  I'm really smart.  I keep bad stuff from happening."
« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 06:59:07 pm by Devastator »

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Utzi was getting rather tired of this place. The bright, strangely angular cave was completely devoid of game to hunt. It wasn't even that it was hiding! There was no wind to deafen the sounds of prey, and no snow to blind him. There was just... nothing to eat. Grunting to himself in annoyance, Utzi pauses as he hears someone's distant voice.
"I am Friedhold von Grimmleshausen, and no I do not want any meat."

With renewed spirits, Utzi makes a b-line for the new voice, before turning a corner and finding himself staring down a large bird standing before what... might be writing, a small, red man with the skin of a lizard, and yet another strangely dressed human. He examines the room for a few more seconds, before speaking up.

"Hello. I am Utzi, and I would like some meat."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Caw" the bird croaks, as it shuffles around to face the newcomer.

"Caw" it croaks again, upon hearing the request for refreshment.

It then shuffles around inside its feathery chest and pulls its head back out, beak now holding a bite-sized chunk of freshly-cooked meat.

It then takes a swift flutter-hop off the top of the oven onto one of the countertops, and leaves the chunk of meat near Utzi, before returning to the grease-covered baking sheet with writing on it.  With great precision, it managed to do this without ever coming within arms-reach.

"Caw" the bird repeats once more.

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Utzi watches the bird take the meat out of it's plumage and carry it over to him with a befuddled expression on his face. He scoops the chunk of meat off the countertop, and places it into his mouth, chewing it hesitantly. After a few chews, he seems quite pleased, and he happily eats the meat. After he finishes eating, he slowly turns to face the bird who had fed him.
"Did you slay that aurochs yourself, little bird? You must be a mighty hunter indeed to overcome the size difference."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The bird looks directly at the primitive, staring him right in the eye, letting the moment drag on.. and on...  eventually opening its mouth, as if to say something.

..And then it closes it again, choosing to forego another "Caw."

This is followed by the small creature bursting into the air, in a shower of black feathers, before streaking towards Utzi glowing with a visible black aura.

This aura grows further, forming into the shape of a massive pair of claws, much larger than Newton's small real pair.  They streak through the air, unaffected by walls, furniture or other obstacles, eventually slashing through Utzi's form.

..dealing him no harm at all.  The aura then shrinks away and the bird lands on the countertop, encumbered by a long pole.. a spear, in an ancient style.  One of Utzi's weapons.

It then shuffles along the spear, moving one foot at a time to the blunt end, before stepping off, and turning the spear perpendicular to the edge of the countertop, slowly dragging it so the blunt end sticks well out into the open space, before tipping down to the ground, leaving the sharp edge pointing up above.

The bird then leaps into the air again, bringing itself down bodily upon the pointy bit of the spear.  It then disappears into the small creature's body, as it settles down to countertop height, having a few feet of pole sticking out of its chest.  That condition lasts only a moment, as the creature then jumps to the floor, and then flies back up, leaving only a few inches sticking out.  Those are quickly sorted out with the bird pushing it in with its head, leaving the fluffy-looking bird seemingly intact.

It then shuffles around for a bit in its chest before coming out with another piece of meat for Utzi.  This is left on the now-bare countertop.

"Caw."

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It takes Utzi a few moments to figure out exactly what had just happened. He absentmindedly grabs the piece of steak off the countertop and pops it in his mouth. After a few seconds of trying to figure it out, the Caveman simply shakes his head in exhaustion. "I appreciate the food, little bird, but I need my spears if I am to ever make more on my own. If you acquired this meat by scavenging it, as your kind likes to do, then I offer you this: return my spear to you and when I next hunt, I will give you twice as much meat as you have given to me for your generosity. I have no issues offering your kin some of the meat I kill. If you truly wish to have a spear, I can make you one at a later date, but please return mine to me."

Utzi thinks for a few moments more. "And if you wished to give me more meat so that I have a larger debt to you, little bird, I would appreciate it."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This time the bird moves over to where the meat was found, pulling it open to reveal to the newcomer, and then returning to a perch, where it can see over the whole kitchen.

..As for the spear..  it makes no move at this time to return said spear.

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The stout, hairy man lets out an aggrivated sigh, and a cool breeze passes through the room as he glares at the raven. "I appreciate the food, little bird, but I value my spear much more. It is of little value to you, you lack the body parts required to throw it well. You are a powerful scavenger indeed, but a scavenger is nothing without a hunter around. I am a hunter. If you do not return my spear to me, you are wasting a wonderful opportunity, and I will get my spear back regardless, one way or another. Return my spear and we will have a long and fruitful relationship where you will have access to many other shiny things for your nest, and a constant supply of food. I thank you for leading me to the meat, but if I do not get my spear back, I may find... other meals are more suited to my tastes."
Utzi glares a hole into Newton as he speaks that last sentence.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9