Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: [IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden Gaiden: Ballroom (Travel Phase)  (Read 5991 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The bird doesn't immediately give the spear back, but it does fly up to the ceiling, trying to find a perch among the wooden beams up there.

Once perched, it spreads its wings and the spear just sort of falls down with a thump, followed by one or two slowly-drifting black feathers.

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Utzi retrieves his spear, and glances up, careful not to stand directly underneath the strangely intelligent bird. "Smart bird." He says to himself, before glancing up at the ceiling. "I am a man of my word. You have upheld your part of the deal, I will uphold mine. I do not mind the presence of scavengers, so you have no reason to fear me now."

Utzi walks back to the place the meat was hidden, and experimentally fiddles with the door for a few moments before refocusing on the task at hand and cupping several pieces of meat in his hand, which he begins popping into his mouth. "Would you like any more meat? I'd imagine you have already had your fill, but it is impolite not to ask."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The bird stares for a bit, and then starts glancing around randomly.  Maybe it's thinking?

It eventually decides on something and flies down to the baking sheet again.  This time it writes out:

"Find safe nest spot.  No thieves.  Sticks.  Soft things.  Animal skins?  Nest things.  Shiny things."

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Utzi stares at the baking sheet for a few moments, and he scratches his beard in confusion.
"Are those words? Do you possess the magic of writing? I am sorry, little bird, I lack the ability to understand such things."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The bird stops for a moment, adjusting to the new situation.

It then takes one foot and places it over its eyes.

It then begins drawing.  First up is a picture of a bird.. in a nest, with sticks and such making it up.  And then the nest is wiped out, leaving the bird alone, without a nest.

Newton then walks forward and starts peering in an exaggerated manner, looking up, then down, then left and right.  And then it stops and looks at Utzi once more.

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Utzi nods in understanding. "You have lost your nest. We all have. I do not have many things to give you yet. I need all of my equipment in order to properly hunt beasts, so I certainly cannot risk losing them before a fight with a trespasser. However, I will keep alert for anything you may like, little bird. I owe you that much. When I next hunt, I will make sure to return with something for you."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The bird wipes the image out and begins drawing again.  It's another picture of a crow, and a little dimple with grass sticking out of it.  Newton has one wing outstretched near it.

Next, Newton draws a long stick in the outstretched wing, heading down into the lump of ground.  On it is drawn a little banner, with a smaller picture of a bird on it.

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Utzi narrows his eyes as he stares down the picture. "Do you wish to make armor? I was told it wasn't made by slaying the earth, so you may need to find a different method for that." His eyes linger on the flag for a minute, as he tries to work it out. "... a picture of yourself... are you attempting to make your territory with your image? Most beasts simply use their scent. It seems much more efficient."

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The bird paces around a bit, turning in a full circle before doing anything else.

It then begins to move, going to the cupboard first, and grabbing a small bowl, which it then fills with water.  This bowl is carried out into the ballroom, and is placed on one table.  The crow then flies to a different table, and brings out the rest of the meat, placing the meat chunks on that table.  It then flies to a third table, a good distance away from the other two, and pantomimes resting, by landing there and, after circling a few times, placing its head in its chest.

When it wakes up, it then flies around to the water table, and takes a small drink.  Then the meat table, and eats one more chunk.  Then it flies waay over to the far table before settling down again.

After going through that sequence once, it flies back to Utzi, says "Caw", and then flies to a table between the food and water, and pantomimes sleeping there.

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Utzi watches the bird for a few more moments. "Ah. You wish to have a nest."
The hairy man glances down. "I am sorry, little bird, but I just got here myself. I do not know where you could put a nest. I assume you would like something high off the ground and secure, but I haven't seen so much as a single tree since I got here. Truthfully, it is concerning. Is this whole world one large cave?"
He rubs his head as he realizes the bird cannot really respond. "What of the structures on the cave ceiling you were just sitting on, are they not adequate?"

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile

Friedhold wanders back from the back of the kitchen where he'd been talking to a small child.
"If you are in need of materials you may consider looking in the Suites, that is where the rice was threshed.  I suggest you avoid the darker husks, I'm told they are made of an explosive."
He turned to address the new person whom had wandered in.
"The whole world a cave?  No.  We are in a castle, a large structure made of cut stones."
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Suites" does sound good.. they'll have the most important aspect, a closeable door to keep any annoying kobolds away.

With a goodbye "Caw", Newton flies off and heads towards those 'suites'.

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Utzi shakes his head in disbelief. "Someone built this? This is larger than any hut I have ever seen. This is a very strange place. What is the purpose of having such a large structure? Surely no tribe is large enough to fill it completely, and even if they were, a series of smaller tents would be more practical."

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile

Friedhold tilted his head slightly at Utzi's comment, shaking his head as he replied.
"I am feeling like your world must be very...young.  You will find older more scarred worlds have pushed towards an ideal of civilization.  Usually with the goal of making a short, brutal life into a longer prosperous one.  Most only succeed in the first field."
He turns taking a step toward the wall, running his hand along the seam of grout where two grey bricks were held together.
"Castles like this were usually built by one tribe to dominate a large area and repel any attackers from other tribes who might not agree with their rule.  People go to great lengths to separate themselves from others, building stone bunkers, steel towers, even on the bed of the ocean."
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

nuclearwhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The short, hairy man furrows his brow in thought. "That seems... annoying. To build a structure such as this, you would not be able to move as the animals move. It would be worthless, save for the season the good game resides where the "castle" is. Do tribes where you are from build such castles on all of their hunting grounds? It must be a large undertaking that takes many years, especially if it is only built by those who do not hunt."
Utzi sighs as he tries to wrap his head around the concept. "... this is yet another strange thing built only for the slaying of men. Are you sure the lives you speak of are more prosperous?"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9