Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: [IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden Gaiden: Suites (Travel Phase)  (Read 8343 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

A few luxurious bedrooms that housed guests of high standing; they have borne the brunt of time's assault on the castle, with many of the furnishings mostly dismantled or carried off a long time ago. Still, what was left behind speaks to great wealth, and the party has managed to patch up a few of the rooms into serviceable states. One of them has been converted into a garden with a variety of odd plants, most of which are useful.

OOC Thread

Thread Rules:
Your character may only occupy one IC thread at a time. You must make a post clearly indicating that you are leaving the area this thread governs to move to another.
Post clearly that you are entering this area as well; one of these posts should be made for every active character during the travel phase.
Moving between areas during a travel phase is discouraged, and should be discussed first.
Before posting in ANY IC thread, characters must be approved by the GM.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

L

After leaving the barracks, L began her sleep-deprived search for a room that would actually give her the right combination of sufficiently soft bedding (i.e. not hard stone) and actual quiet. Unfortunately for this particular objective, every room she'd checked so far was a mess, to say the least. The nicest ones were simply choked with dust, while others seemed to have been last occupied by a drunken rhinoceros. "Verdammt." At this rate, she might just try to use her cape as a pillow and collapse in a hall somewhere. "'Least I'd sleep badly enough that nobody would be able to sneak up. . ."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile

Mira

Starting her patrol, Mira's first location of note was the suite hallways, a location she had truthfully never been to before. This was her first time actively exploring the ship, and for a weapon like her, a fancy bedroom was unnecessary. Still, she was patrolling, which meant she had to go through every hallway, at the very least. Of course, the only thing of note here was the silver haired girl from earlier, a sword still stuck in her chest.

Whatever, she was a part of the crew now. L's presence wouldn't deter her from her self proclaimed duty.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

L, Mira

The sound of footsteps in the halls prompted L to slowly reach for her gun, but she relaxed as soon as the source became clear. I'm not usually this on edge. Then again, I'm not usually out of the universe entirely. The hand fell the rest of the way to her side as Mira approached, apparently determined to ignore her. Tension rose in her chest as she watched the woman get closer. A moment after their backs were to one another, she finally found the nerve to speak. "Hey. Did I do something to you?" The question was couched in concern, some of which was legitimate - but the underlying hostility wasn't concealed.
GM of Trespassers V2.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile

L, Mira

As soon as L spoke up, Mira came to an abrupt stop, an barely audible sigh escaping her helmet, "And how did you manage to get that impression?" Mira asked back, voice as calm and blunt as it normally was, seemingly ignoring the hostility in L's voice. She should've expected to be stopped, especially when no one seemed to actually understand her role in the group.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 03:27:25 pm by GodofGamingRWBY »
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

L, Mira

"Well, you got pissy when I tried to be polite." A small voice in her head told her the conflict wasn't worth the effort, but she'd gotten sick of shying away from fights. "I was giving you the benefit of the doubt and hoping you weren't just being bitchy for no reason." L folded her arms as she turned, the motion making it look as if she were propping up the hilt sprouting from her breastbone. "If there's some kind of issue, I want to deal with it now, instead of suddenly finding out you're not on my side later."
GM of Trespassers V2.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile

L, Mira

For a brief moment, Mira didn't seem to react to L's accusation, simply staring ahead of herself in silence. Ultimately, she simply turned her body slightly, allowing her to look at L from the corner of her eyes, "... For starters, unless you plan on assisting those Trespassers, you have no reason to expect me to not be on 'your' side. A sword does not choose who it follows, it merely obeys. Secondly, your attempts at 'being polite' are best spent on your equals. You're just wasting your breath trying to play nice with a weapon."
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

L, Mira

L stared blankly back at Mira for a moment, face utterly expressionless. The glassy mask cracked and broke with a sharp, bitter laugh. "Hah. Right." She shook her head, giving a few more rueful chuckles. "Maybe we're more similar than I thought." She let her arms drop to her sides. "I stopped being human a while ago. Maybe there was something left when I got this, but it's all gone now." The silver-haired girl looked down. "I do what's good for other people. Every time. That's my purpose, and I'm glad to fill it." Except you didn't, and couldn't. Everything went wrong in the end because you weren't careful enough. "I'm sure I don't have to explain it any more to you. You get it, don't you?"
GM of Trespassers V2.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile

L, Mira

"In a way, yes" Mira replied after a few moments, turning her head away form L, "we're similar, but not the same. That much is obvious. Now, if that's all you wanted to stop me for, I have a patrol to get back to" she continued, forcing down any sense of familiarity she might've been developing with the new girl. They weren't alike when it came down to it, L clearly had some semblance of humanity left, or at least knew how to be human. Mira never was.

Something that was human and something that was never human could never be the same.
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

L, Mira

She looked at the other swordswoman for a moment, trying to read her. It was something she'd never been good at, something that had bit her far too many times. Hard to understand something you aren't. "I'll follow you on patrol. I've gone without sleep before, and I need to familiarize myself with this place." She started to walk down the hall, but stopped after only two strides. "Unless you actually don't want me to. I don't really care either way." Is that a lie? I don't know.
GM of Trespassers V2.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile

L, Mira

Eyes flicking to the silver haired girl as she stepped in front of her, Mira seemed to consider L's offer to go on patrol as well, before ultimately beginning her march once again, "Fine. Just don't expect much of a conversation" Mira stated as she walked past L. As much as she wanted to, she wasn't going to say no. It was simply a patrol, not a combat exercise.
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

L, Mira

L shrugged, and fell in alongside the black swordswoman. Despite her apparent exhaustion, there were no obvious signs of her not being alert. Shadowed eyes checked corners and glanced behind, refusing to droop or close. Her gait seemed at odds with the rest of her posture; it was the casual stroll of an ordinary person, and not a particularly coordinated one at that.

After several minutes of quiet, L dealt a fatal blow to the silence. "The welcoming party seemed interested in knowing what I can do. I'm wondering about you, too. It'll be useful to know if we actually find something here."
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 12:14:30 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile

L, Mira

"I suspect the reason why they were curious is because we get into engagements quite a bit. That, and they're just inquisitive" Mira stated, keeping her head locked firmly ahead, the red glows underneath her helmet flicking from one shadow to another, "Honestly, I could care less about what you can do, so long as you're competent, and since you're here, you've obviously been chosen for said competence."
OOC
IC

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile

Ehto arrives the Suites
Within the well-tended garden of the suites, the shadows of a particularly neglected corner writhed and seethed. From the infinite unknown of their reaches, sheltering equal parts endless possibilities and vexing paradoxes stepped forth a single cloaked figure. Her leg raised as if to meet a step, favoring the toes as it fell. But obviously the location she'd expected to land in was not the one she'd found herself in.
   Inevitably, she tripped as the next foot emerged, her cloak erupting in a rattling cacophony as she unceremoniously faceplanted into the cold stones. She quietly whimpered as she pushed herself up and took a look around. This was without a doubt not where she should've been.
   "H-hello?" She called out into unknown air. It seemed no one was immediately around. Wary of the unexpected detour, she dusted herself off and began sniffing at the air. Mold, dust, and centuries worth of grime were her immediate reward. But she swore she could also pick up traces of other scents beneath the stench of structural decay, and the many foreign plants around her. Obviously someone had been here before, fairly recently. All this flora hadn't grown itself, after all. After several minutes spent studying them, curiosity won out over whatever sense of danger lingered in her. She moved towards the entrance of the room and stuck her head into the hallway, again calling out.

"Hello? Is anyone here?"
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 12:21:18 pm by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

L, Mira, Ehto

She was rescued from her companion's impregnable bluntness by a crash from the other room. Her hand went to her gun in an instant, L waiting for the source to reveal itself. When said source poked its head out into the hall, her guard dropped slightly, if only out of confusion. ". . .a dog girl?" Her ears perked up with curiosity. "Um, hello," she replied, loud enough to hear. "Who are you?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14