Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: [IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden Gaiden: Engineering (Travel Phase)  (Read 2083 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

The "tank" part of the castle, this contains two offices and an extended room housing the majority of the workings that power the immense vehicle's movement. The engines have been refurbished and repaired to the best of the party's ability, but they've still clearly seen much better days. The area seems to permanently smell like grease, smoke, and ozone.

OOC Thread

Thread Rules:
Your character may only occupy one IC thread at a time. You must make a post clearly indicating that you are leaving the area this thread governs to move to another.
Post clearly that you are entering this area as well; one of these posts should be made for every active character during the travel phase.
Moving between areas during a travel phase is discouraged, and should be discussed first.
Before posting in ANY IC thread, characters must be approved by the GM.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Lyra

Lyra walked into the engine room, looking around for a good space to work. The noisy, smelly room probably wasn't the first place Less likely to bother the others, and the hum of machinery always helped her focus better.

Gathering up what tools she could find, Lyra placed the Robot Plating, Illegal Chipsets and Giant D-Pad according to how the Remake Plan instructed, double-checking to make sure she hadn't misread anything.

Before she got to work, she placed the Black Sharicite she'd taken off to the side. It felt wrong to take a reward that wasn't hers, but no-one had protested after she'd made her suggestion, nor had anyone claimed the piece before they left. And... well, she had to give this a try.

At the very least, it would distract her from how little she'd contributed so far.

Lyra uses the Remake Plan to combine a Robot Plating, Illegal Chipsets, Giant D-Pad and a crafting token to create an X-Bracelet!

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Lyra

While she was shaping the materials into a bracelet, Lyra stopped for a moment, and picked up the Black Sharicite, looking at the swirling particles within. Staring at the scarred face that gazed back at her. Wondering if she wasn't about to make another wasteful mistake.

She shook her head. That wasn't how a member of Foundry or a Glitcher or a professional thought.

She picked up her tools and began to cut the Sharicite into pieces, integrating them into the armband as she finished her construction. But even as she was placing the finishing touches, doubt lingered in her mind. Was she really redeeming herself for past mistakes? Or deluding herself into thinking she was something she wasn't?

Lyra uses a second crafting token to combine the Black Sharicite with the X-Bracelet!

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Lyra

Spoiler: Crafting Results (click to show/hide)

She... didn't expect that to work. but now that the work was done... the crystals embedded in the bracelet sparkled in the light of the engine room in a manner that brought a smile to the contractor's face.

She wasn't sure what effects the combination had, but perhaps it was a sign. A sign that things were going to change for the better...

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

? ? ?

Out of the engine noise rose a clamor that was distinctly not normal. The clash of metal and a periodic, harsh buzzing was punctuated by echoing shouts and, perhaps most alarmingly, gunfire. It seemed to be coming from the opposite end of the engine room, somewhere in the maze of pipework and gears.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 11:58:50 pm by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Lyra

Lyra had just slipped the bracelet around her right wrist when she heard the shouts and shots. Quickly picking up her wrench, Lyra slowly approached the area where the noises had come from, waiting for whatever had produced the noise to reveal itself.

If the source was a friend, hopefully they could take a hit. If the source was a foe, hopefully they couldn't.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

? ? ?

The noise reached a crescendo as Lyra approached, but died off as she took up a stealthy position. A sound Lyra knew well reached her ears: bodies striking the floor.

A small trickle of blood wormed its way around the corner.
GM of Trespassers V2.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile

Alexandria enters the Engineering section at her usual slow, steady walk, already grumbling to herself as she imagines all the things she's going to have to do to keep the castle's machinery from falling apart on us mid-use.  She sees the slowly spreading trickle of blood, and sighs heavily, deflector shields manifesting around her in shimmering layers of nearly-transparent hexagons.

"Oh for-  Please tell me someone didn't try to lubricate the gears with a dead body.  I would hate to have overestimated the competence of my hopefully not alleged allies so catastrophically," The statuesque android strides over towards the blood trail, "If you're still alive in there, I'll get you out.  Assuming I can find you in this rat's nest of questionable design choices."  She starts picking her way through the maze of pipes, hoping to find the source of the disturbance.  "Keep your distance, miss," She says to Lyra as she passes by, "I am likely better suited to take a hit from whatever this is than you, should it come to that."
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile

Bliznex

Bliznex was having a Perfectly fine day, watering his garden and drinking tea with the neighboring beings of unexplainable shape when the multiverse decided it needed him! and violently dumped him through a hole in reality...

crashing to the floor with a great 'THUMP', he climbs to his feet.
Slightly dazed after his... fall, Bliznex stumbles over towards the only other people in the area to see what's going on and where the heck he is.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Lyra

Lyra nodded, preparing to throw her wrench if the need arose and waiting for the stranger to find and confront the cause of the mess.

She hadn't expected to be attacked in what she thought was a safe place so soon, and was tempted to make the attacker pay... but she knew what kinds of rewards awaited the reckless - and they weren't the kind that could be walked off.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

? ? ?

Alexandria, on clearing the last corner, discovered no particular threats - or, at least, nothing that was one any more. Two women were slumped against the walls and machinery, while a third was sprawled on the ground - and her head was a few feet away. It had long, flowing golden hair, and the corpse wore a uniform in yellow and navy blue - with a skirt, oddly enough. The other corpse was charred, but still recognizably wore the same uniform. Her hair was short and a light blue color. Both had inert pools of what looked like liquid metal intermixed with their blood. The third wore an entirely different outfit, most prominently featuring a mantle, with very long bluish-white hair and a silver blade stuck straight through her chest; it looked like it was actually propping her up slightly.
GM of Trespassers V2.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile

"Oh slag!  It's never just a bit of trouble," Alexandria kneels down, first inspecting the woman she judges to be the most likely to be alive.  That is to say, the one that's neither decapitated nor impaled through the chest cavity with a sword, "Miss, someone's murdered two women back here.  Possibly three.  If they weren't brought here from elsewhere like we were, the killer could still be about.  I would not want you to be caught off guard."
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 12:49:34 am by DragonRage »
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Lyra

Lyra just stepped out and nodded, keeping her eyes and ears open, straining for the sound of anything that might give away the killer's position. She said nothing, not wanting to distract her colleague, simply preparing for a fight from any direction, looking everywhere someone could hide, even above and beneath them.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

? ? ?

Closer examination reveals that the burns on the woman seem to have largely come from the inside. Given her lack of breathing, it's fairly clear she will not, in fact, be joining the party.
GM of Trespassers V2.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile

"Nonfunctional?  Unfortunate," Alexandria closes the eyes of the dead woman for her, and turns towards the impaled one, "This one has likely been taken offline as well."  Out of habit and respect for proper procedures, Alexandria checks the victim for vital signs with one hand while the other reaches up to close the dead, impaled woman's eyes, "Being too late is a status I am far too familiar with.  If you believed in an afterlife, I hope you find fulfillment in it."
Pages: [1] 2 3