Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: [IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden Gaiden: Throne Hall (Travel Phase)  (Read 8724 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

A massive set of three rooms, and the scene of the party's initial intrusion. An entrance hall leads to an antechamber which in turn leads to the throne room and the controls for the castle tank; the antechamber had been converted into a Heartless manufactory, which was recently destroyed by the party. The power core, a smooth glowing thing, still sits in the midst of the ruins of the machine unharmed.

OOC Thread

Thread Rules:
Your character may only occupy one IC thread at a time. You must make a post clearly indicating that you are leaving the area this thread governs to move to another.
Post clearly that you are entering this area as well; one of these posts should be made for every active character during the travel phase.
Moving between areas during a travel phase is discouraged, and should be discussed first.
Before posting in ANY IC thread, characters must be approved by the GM.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 10:03:31 am by Chevaleresse »
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Newton

Newton appears, in a cloud of black feathers, and croaks loudly.

After a moment to settle itself, the black bird begins to look around the new room, eyes darting from place to place.  Where is it now?  Is there something to watch out for?  What kind of people live here?

The bird itself doesn't seem too unusual.  It's large for a raven, but still a small creature and it appears like a normal animal.. except, perhaps, for the glint of knowledge in its eyes.  They dart about quickly and purposefully.  It is also perhaps, too precise.  It carefully places its feet on the ground, while it turns around scanning the room, wasting no movement and synchronizing with the reflexive head-bobs.  And it does seem a bit fuzzy for a corvid, as if it came from a place experiencing a cold winter, where a bird's plumage will be full of down.

Speaking of that plumage, the bird stretches its wings for a moment, shedding another of those large black feathers, and just as quickly closes them again, preferring to bounce along the ground swiftly instead.  Did it change its mind about a perch?  Was it being, yet again, unnecessarily cautious?  It is, after all a creature in a room full of objects it has never seen before.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 06:31:51 pm by Devastator »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Perlita kind of wished she didn't have a tendency to get lost in negative thoughts between missions. But, unfortunately, as of right now she was two for two, there. She'd wandered her way into the throne hall after the conclusion of their time in that weird video game world, and with the area consistently of large and (with the absence of a certain crow who'd left before Perlita entered) empty, she was now just pacing furiously around one of them, deep in thought. That mission was... it was really, truly a mixed bag. Sometimes, Perlita had been successful - after Lyra had practically committed suicide, Perlita had managed to pull her out of it, and she did kind of feel good about that, and they'd plainly succeeded in their mission!

But one thing Lyra had brought up then still bothered her just... just... a lot. She'd reacted in time to save Lyra from any permanent damage, but she had very much let down somebody else - somebody else who she in fact owed quite a bit to. 6D... sure, she was a robot and everything, but in the context of that mission, Perlita found it very difficult to weigh that in the equation. If not for the quick, brave actions of said robot, Perlita would have been hit many more times, and more viciously, than she actually had been. And every time she had been hit, even if it was something she'd learned to take in stride, had sucked - 6D had done a lot for her. ...so, of course, the fact that she had failed 6D so tremendously was a bitter regret that settled into the pit of her stomach, something she hadn't managed to get rid of. "Aw, man... oh man." she mumbled to herself as she walked in circles, looking down at the floor.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

6D was feeling kinda... weird, since the mission. She wasn't sure why; maybe the weird monster thing that had briefly ate her had had some effect on her self repair systems, but they weren't fixing her quite as efficiently as before. She'd done a bit of a self-scan with her pod after arriving back, and found that that did seem to be the case; much of the resources she would normally use to fix herself were instead being consumed to keep those systems running at all. Still, she was running at most of full capacity, so she'd work with that. Her duty to protect wouldn't be changed just because she was a little more fragile than usual.

She had no specific idea where she was going, and just so happened to end up in the throne hall. It was about then she noticed she wasn't the only one there - but Perlita seemed occupied, so she didn't want to interrupt... and what was she doing? 6D watched Perlita pacing around, trying to figure out why she was doing that. Was it a human thing?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Perlita's tormented pacing was brought to a very sudden and very unexpected halt when all of a sudden she plowed into somebody she hadn't seen coming with all of her floor gaze. For a moment, Perlita got a faceful of dress, slamming hard into cloth - but despite the initial give, the person she ran into didn't seem shifted at all. Living in a world with physics, this meant that Perlita bounced right off, dizzied for a moment as she stumbled a couple of steps backwards and tried not to slip into a pratfall right then and there. Once her understanding of directions returned to her, Perlita shook her head and focused on the person she'd just blundered into... and went pale, immediately. Oh, God. That was bad enough luck to almost bring some superstition out from her.

Still... well, when confronted by the focus of her regrets right as she was getting absorbed in them... "O-oh. 6D." She tugged at one sleeve of her dress for a moment, awkwardly wavering, suddenly looking back down at the floor. "I, uh..." She started speaking again, but her voice failed her briefly - of course it did. She... she sighed, she couldn't even word what she was feeling exactly in her head. Best just to get the sentence out that she could. "I'm... I'm really sorry. I'm sorry for not being able to help you. I'm... no, I'm sorry for being able to help you and just not reacting in time to do it. I'm just, I- I'm... I'm so sorry for getting you hurt." She took a breath in. Tears were already gathering at the corners of her eyes, and she had just started talking. This was going to be hard.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

"Ah, sorry! I didn't mean to make you bump into me." 6D said, quickly shooting out an arm to help stabilize the poor girl. Then Perlita started talking, and... crying? "A-Are you ok? I'm sorry I made you worry, but you shouldn't, I'm a defense-type, it's literally my only job to make sure the enemy can't get to the others. If I got hurt and you didn't, it just means I succeeded. Besides, the damage is mostly repaired, right?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Lyra

The contractor wasn't really sure where she was headed, but when she wandered into the room, she saw Perlita and knew that they had to talk.

Lyra slowly made her way over to Perlita, making sure that she wasn't about to suddenly surprise her, then stepped forth.

"Perlita. I... I should probably apologize for how I behaved earlier. It was reckless of me to put myself in so much danger..." Especially when it leads to valuable supplies being wasted, she didn't say.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Perlita took in another deep breath as 6D responded to her - and spotted Lyra approaching out of the corner of her eye. That... was going to make this a little more difficult. She really wasn't sure how she was going to handle both of these conversations at once, but she guessed that she kind of had to try, didn't she? Okay, another deep breath... Perlita tried to covertly wipe the tears away from the corners of her eyes, although she really wasn't sure she had been so successful. Another deep breath and she had actually managed to calm down a little bit, which was good because Perlita figured that this was going to be really rough.

First, 6D: "...mostly, though, huh? If your job is to make sure that we don't get hurt, my job is to make sure that we end up okay when we do. You managed to protect everyone, and managed to protect me, and I... didn't manage to do the same for you. You shouldn't have to have been damaged. It was only because I was slow for no good reason."

Then, Lyra. The melancholic mood she was in speaking to 6D, though, made it difficult to give her a good answer, especially with how much Lyra's behavior actually did frustrate Perlita - a frustration she didn't have the energy to quite express. "...it was. Everything did turn out okay... at least with you... but..." Perlita floundered for a moment and then just sighed and fell silent.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Lyra

It wasn't hard to read Perlita's expression. The contractor had messed up, and they were all paying the price. But seeing the Sharicite crystals and what they were capable of had given Lyra an idea. She just hoped the others were open to it.

"I know. I was thinking, actually." Nervously, Lyra put her hands behind her back, suddenly self-conscious of how she'd used the crystal she'd taken. "One of you picked up one of the Sharicite crystals, right? I figure that if anything has the ability to treat the injury you sustained... one of those crystals could do the job. I'm not much of an engineer, but I know how to patch things up... What do you say?"

At this point, Lyra realized she'd swung her hands out in an encouraging gesture - putting the bracelet in full view of everyone. She decided not to bring the matter up unless either Perlita or 6D did...

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Kraken

Wandering the halls without much to do, Kraken eventually happened upon a room with destroyed machinery of a kind he wasn't familiar with at all. He spends a few moments poking through the wreckage before shrugging and moving on, soon getting distracted by a glowing core in the middle of the room. He stares at it for a while, circling it like a suspicious animal before stopping and shrugging to himself. He thought on the odd orb for a few more moments before shrugging again, and concluding that it must be the room's light source. Which of course was mostly convincing himself it was something boring so he wasn't tempted to fuck around with the strange glowing orb. Thankfully, as he went towards the important looking door he heard voices, and so he went towards them. As he got closer he could identify them as female, and made a small noise as he nodded his head. Nice to see that whatever entity picked us up also got a nice mix of genders. It'd really put a damper on my work if they were sexist.

With that thought in mind he pushes through the doors prepared to greet his new colleagues (or possibly old ones? He didn't know how this worked.) but seeing the somewhat emotional situation he silently dropped the arm he had raised in greeting. He quickly looked around for anyone that could possibly be more open to conversation before trying to slink off to a corner without being noticed by the room's other occupants.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After several torn-up curtains and some wood shavings from various scratched of fittings, Newton is temporarily satisfied with the security of its new nest.

That leads the oversized crow to try and fulfill its next desire -- knowledge.  There was one thing in particular which it may have glimpsed during its earlier flight from the Throne Room to the Suites.. the Core.  Having settled down for the moment, the corvid flies back in to give it a good examination.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 12:13:57 pm by Devastator »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

The core seems to be roughly cylindrical, and perfectly smooth on the exterior. It's difficult to look at closely, given the bright glow. The thing is clearly possessed of some incredible magical power, but Newton can't quite discern what kind, only that it's sufficient to continue propelling this structure through the void between worlds and shield it from most intrusions. It was also connected to some complex machinery at one point, as evidenced by said machinery sitting in ruins around it; it's likely the core is quite complex inside the shell as well.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Take a moment to look for any moving bits to avoid, and then lean in.  Are there any decorations or extrusions looking up close?

..after a bit of that, touch it with my beak to see if it's hot.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Lyra

Lyra waved at Kraken. At least, she was pretty sure that was his name. If she was wrong, he'd correct her - probably not a big deal. "Oh, hey, Kraken. Looking around the place? Oh, this is Perlita Diaz and 6D. We were just talking about how we could treat an injury that she got from our last mission." The contractor wasn't sure if she should mention that she felt responsible for that injury, but at the very least, he deserved to know what was going on and who the others were. "Anyway, as I was saying, I was working with the crystal I took earlier, and it seems that they are capable of responding to what the scrapper wills them to do, at least in part. I think it's worth trying to use one of the other crystals to patch up your injury." No use in trying to hide what she'd done with her own crystal anymore, Lyra figured. She just hoped that they didn't ask why she didn't think to try to repair 6D right away. Mentally she kicked herself for forgetting that she'd spent resources that could've gone towards treating a colleague's injury.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 07:41:21 pm by AzyWng »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Kraken

The Operator nods to each of the girls in turn. He does look back to Perlita, mentally noting how tiny she is before looking back to Lyra and her explanation. He... didn't actually remember Lyra's name at that moment but it wouldn't be the first time he spent a conversation trying to avoid letting that detail slip! After a moment he turns back to 6D, briefly wonders which order to put his sentences in, and then speaks. "Ah, so you aren't going to be joining us on the next operation? Too bad... Uh, yeah, my codename is Kraken, actual name is Kyle but I'm used to Kraken..." He trails off in an awkward pause as he processes further how to go on with the unexpected conversation, using Lyra's explanation of her plan about... crystals? Guess alternative medicine is in vogue where she's from as well.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13