Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: [IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden Gaiden: Throne Hall (Travel Phase)  (Read 9114 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

6D

"Well, really, I'm fine, but if you think you can repair me with one of those crystals..." 6D said to Lyra, before Kraken strode in.

"I can join just fine, really. My auto-repair systems took care of most of the damage, like I was saying! They're just having trouble working at it." she said. "Good to meet you too! I'm - well, the full name is a bit of a mouthful I think, but 6D is fine."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

The surface remains perfectly smooth. It seems that whatever interface it has is either wireless or magical in some way. It's warm to the touch, uncomfortably so, but you could probably rest on it without burning yourself. Probably.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well then, that's exactly what I'm going to do!

Alight myself on top of it and see if I can figure out anything more about it from the feeling.  I don't know about sleeping on top of strange magical items, but landing on it for a time shouldn't be too hard.

If nothing seems to happen, stretch out my wings and give a mighty "Caw", for I have conquered the core.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 07:29:55 pm by Devastator »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Your triumphant caw echoes across the room, declaring your victory to all.

As you stand on the core, you feel something vaguely akin to necromantic energy in the warm glow, but it's definitely not the same kind of thing that animates Newton.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Close my eyes for a moment and brush my feathers against it.. do I think it's alive?

Be ready to flee if I feel anything change.  If not.. I'll take my leave before it gets too hot.  There might be someone else here who knows more about it.. one of these big people.

..and, as something comes to mind, there's one other thing that can be done.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 10:23:45 pm by Devastator »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

"Oh!! Wait, you think that you can actually fix that, Lyra? Or 6D herself using the things? Um, but it doesn't matter - that'd be amazing!" It wasn't exactly going to stop her from feeling guilty about not having stopped 6D from getting hurt in the first place, but... still, it would be a LOT better than it not being treated at all! "U-Um, if there's anything that I can contribute with, like... the actual magic, please let me know. I don't really know how much I can help with something like this, but still...!"

Kraken's arrival caused Perlita's awkwardness to ratchet up a notch though, the teenager putting her hand on the back of her head and looking away. "U-um, yeah, I'm Perlita. Um... I'm a healer. And, uhhh... yeah." And her voice made it clear that she was indeed just a teenager... oops. She cleared her throat and tried not to act like she hadn't just swung through several intense emotions in front of a total stranger, but she couldn't keep her eyes on him and it really wasn't looking like she was terribly successful.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Lyra

Something about the spark of hope Lyra saw in Perlita's eyes just made her feel even worse somehow. Expectations were being placed on her again.

Expectations she knew she couldn't meet.

The contractor tried not to show her apprehension. "I... I've never worked on anything as complex as 6D is, and this would only be my second time working with Sharicite, so I can't guarantee anything... but if there's anything you can do to help, I'd be grateful. You, uh, do have one of the crystals, right? I know that the remaining ones could be useful for other things, so if you've already decided to use one of them for something, just let me have the crystal that's left..." Lyra turned to 6D herself. "You would like to have the injury treated, yes?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Kraken

The operator needed a few moments to get over the clear disconnect between the woman's appearance being human and the language she used and was used to refer to her. When he did though, one could see the excitement come over his face. His mouth worked itself open and closed several times before he put a knuckle in it to avoid vocalizing his excitement before finally he regained some control and took a breath. He straightened up his posture, as if to make up for the momentary lapse in self control before nodding. "Ah, a robot. Got it."

When the teen spoke, Kraken relaxed his posture. He did realize he's mighty intimidating after all. And it wouldn't be the first time he scared a kid, though at least this time it wasn't in the process of extracting them from a building formerly full of terrorists. He gives Perlita a little smile and a wave, avoiding large movements. "Kraken, like I said. I'm uh... formerly an operator with Rainbow Six, an international counter terrorism operation. Nice to meet you."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile

Lyra

Lyra nodded. Yeah, she hadn't quite introduced herself to Kraken proper, had she? "Lyra Concept. Contractor in the Drift, worked with the Glitchers... Well, former contractor, I suppose. I hope we'll be working well together."

It seemed like it'd take some time for Kraken to get used to seeing the kinds of things that were, frankly, beginning to become commonplace to Lyra. "Yeah, uh... there's more than just robots among our ranks. How many of the others have you met so far?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

The core doesn't seem like it contains a living being, but it doesn't feel completely inanimate either. Or maybe the untapped potential in it is just fuzzing your already-hazy senses. Whatever it is, it's not stirring from your surface examination.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lets.. just bank that win for now, it's been a long day of flying, writing, drawing, and nestbuilding.

Go sleep and wait for the next morning.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 01:31:07 am by Devastator »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

"Uh, um, I did have one, but I kinda... absorbed the magic from it to make a spell with. Um I swear it really will be useful in the future for keeping people from getting hurt that bad! But, um, yeah, I guess that means you would have to go for the last one, uh... if there is a last one, sorry, I don't know, I didn't count them or anything. But if there is one that you know about, I really don't think that anyone would object to you using it! This is a really important thing, after all!"

She cleared her throat awkwardly and turned to Kraken, though. As he was introducing himself, it would be very rude of her not to respond after all. "A counterterrorist, huh...? I guess that doesn't seem unusual, considering everything. Oh, uh, eh, I'm something called a Persona user. A Persona is, like the manifestation of one's inner self, and once it's awakened one can do magic with it. I kind of used that magic to help fight aliens which were also demons and mythological figures that actually have something to do with the collective human psyche I think it has something to do with Carl Jung? I don't know, it's weird." There was another, exceptionally awkward, clearing of her throat as she got herself back on track. "Um, I can do magic attacks and I kind of have a crossbow, but I mostly do healing. I... haven't done perfectly, but I do consider it my job to help keep everybody on their feet in combat. I hope you can end up being able to rely on me!"

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile

Friedhold enters the Throne Hall and begins meandering his way down the hall towards the door into the Suites.
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile

Aurora, Friedhold

Entering from the suites, Aurora soon stopped in her tracks at the sight of who was heading that way. It wasn't one of the fleshies she had interacted with too much, but she knew for certain she had seen his face among the first crop. At the very least he would know what had happened in the time she'd been gone.
  "You there," she called, "you were the one with the child following you, weren't you? How long has it been since the battle with house Asterlux? Where is the rest of the old blood?"
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile

Friedhold tilted his head slightly, studying the features of the woman in front of him for a few moments before her identity dawned on him.
"Aurora?  I thought you gone like so many of the others.  Well we finished dealing with the creatures in that world, apparently some kind of corrupt divine artifact--" He scoffed slightly at that, "And then we went on our ways, I just returned with Alexandria, Navin, Mar, and some others from a grimy world with the most advanced computers.  To think three floors of tubes and feed tape became something to fit in your pocket, amazing..."
He shook his head and pushed onto her last question.
"I have not seen Edmond, Isobel, or any of the others that left with them and Ghost has been gone since you left as well.  The angel and Goddesses were also still here when I left, so I do not know where they went."
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13