Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: [IC] Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden Gaiden: Throne Hall (Travel Phase)  (Read 9119 times)

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile

Spicy HG, Aurora

Spicy HG shook her head slowly at Aurora's question.
"No, no I don't think so.  Spray was a bit down, but I think he was just bothered by getting blown off by Mitsurugi.  I feel normal and Lexiel seemed fine.  What exactly are you thinking?"
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile

Spicy HG, Aurora

Sorrow fills her eyes as she stares at Spicy. Sorrow and something else Spicy would doubtlessly recognize; fury. The fury of a god offended, of nature itself, and of a mother witnessing the death of her first born. She holds that gaze for what feels like several eternities before finally deciding she can withhold her suspicions no longer.
    "...In my world, there is a terrible plague," Aurora began "A blight of unnatural origin, flush with negative energy masquerading as an otherwise mundane expression of life. Fungus that infiltrates the body, sucks it dry of life force, warps it until it is unrecognizable, and finally turns it into yet another puppet of some insidious collective. In all the cases I've studied, it starts small, seemingly insignificant. My acolytes begin to act strangely at first, then their mental faculties slowly deteriorate as the disease takes over. Before long they are mindless incarnations of death and destruction, and spread it to the rest of their Labyrinths. The fungus keeps going like this for centuries, hopping from one colony to the next, destroying my children and their society from the inside out until there is nothing left but an undead army, so deeply corrupted that I cannot even save their souls at this point, despite being both their god and their maker. And now, it affects more than just my children. All life will soon fall to it's grasping clutch. And my world will be a dead and barren one, worthy only to be devoured by the trespassers and finally put out of it's misery."

She arose from her makeshift seat, her legs retracted into her back whip fast. She approached the throne and laid a solemn hand upon its ear, the ripple of the energy it contained immediately opening her link to Terminus. Neither of them said a word to each other in that brief moment but she felt his condolences all the same.
    "Based on what you told me..." she continued, "I fear that something of a similar principle happened to you lot in that world. The rest of you seemed to have resisted whatever dark influence presided there, but Mitsurugi? In her already weakened state, it seems that it latched onto her, much like the cordyceps latched onto my children. And just as with them, she is now showing the first signs of corruption. I do not know how long it will be until it spreads even further into her mind. But we must find the source and learn more before it does. I presume you already have plans to return to that world, since you're only here for a short respite?"
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Dani and Joan

Dani probably would have felt offended at the obvious secrecy being taken around himself. But after a moment he just shrugs and grabs Joan by the hair, prompting an excited gasp before she turned and transformed back into her weapon form with a slight blush.

Dani and Joan Leave for the Suites.

StormLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Hurricane Summoner
    • View Profile

Spicy HG, Aurora

Spicy HG was quite for a few moments after Aurora finished her initial speech.  Eventually she eked out a quite voice and a nod.
"I see."
Another pause came as Aurora continued and Spicy HG took a deep breath to process what she was hearing.
"Yes we're going to be returning, and I can't see any way to convince Mitsurugi not to come.  We've got two more Demons to kill and the descendant of the last Demon-King-vanquisher to round up.  Hopefully its just analogous to the Cordyceps plague of your world and defeating this Demon-King will set things back on course."
She tapped her foot for a moment more in thought, then straightened up from her leaning position.
"If not, someone happens to own me a Trespasser-sized favor and while I wouldn't want Mitsurugi on the same plane as that Goddess, much less the same room.  Plenty of other people also owe her and I'm sure we could dig someone out of the woodwork."
We are born, out of storm and thunder,
Raised, tear the worlds asunder,
Sent, in the darkest hour,
By the hands of power.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile

Spicy HG, Aurora

"I'm going with you then," Aurora said. She kept her hand to the throne, gazing up at the windows reflecting the nothingness of the void. "I want to speak to this Amaterasu myself, study the aura permeating that world first hand. I truly hope I'm wrong and the two scenarios are nothing alike. But if I'm not, the knowledge I've already obtained could be transferrable. Maybe I'll even glean something I could not before, and finally make this mortal form worth it's cost."

She stepped away from the throne and towards the doors, smiling at Spicy as she passed her by. There was something unmistakably wistful there, even amidst that unending sea of pain that roiled behind her eyes. Even amidst the exhaustion starting to etch lines across her otherwise pristine face, subtly betraying the true extent of her age. But by the time Spicy would blink, all of those things would've been gone, and Aurora would again be unreadable.

"It's fortunate that we had this encounter, you and I. Let me know when you're about to depart for that world again. No matter what I'm doing at the time, this will take priority."

Aurora leaves the Throne Hall
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 06:38:05 pm by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Tsubasa, Osada

Though he was nowhere near the level of personal experience Tsubasa possessed, Osada was quick to notice the overhead swing coming towards him, taking a step to the left, letting the blade crash onto the ground next to him as he swung out with his right blade. Though, what would've been a clear cut ended up missing entirely as Tsubasa used the recoil to leap into the air. Still, as unexpected as the leap was, Osada was able to respond after only a moment of noting her movement and speed, narrowing his eyes as he focused on the estimated location.

Then, with a burst of speed, he dashed over to the spot, nearly skidding to a stop as he spun around and slashed upwards at Tsubasa, aiming to catch her as she landed.
Tsubasa, Osada

She hadn't quite expected the quick intercept; Osada moved faster than she thought he could. He saw her begin a shift into a defensive posture for an instant until the correct choice slid into her mind and out through her blade. "Sixth Form Kai: Overwhelming Current Surge." The electric-blue sword became a blur of motion as Tsubasa attempted to clear her landing by creating a veritable storm of slashes, each one aimed at forcing Osada to give up this and further attacks - if she could reach him before he reached her, of course.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile

Tsubasa, Osada

At first, Osada was rather caught off guard by Tsubasa's sudden aggression as she launched a flurry of attacks at him. Even with his two swords, it would've been quite the ordeal to block every single one, and even then, his advantage would've been negated. Thankfully, he had an option to prevent her sword from reaching his neck.

Engaging magic circuitry.
Relocating mana to lower arms and blades.
Reinforcing lower arms and blades.
Reinforcement confirmed.

"Fifth Form."

Coming out as barely a whisper, Osada took a step back, a series of blue lines glowing from underneath his sleeves as he met Tsubasa's attacks, his own swords becoming blurs as they managed to intercept each of Tsubasa's strikes. Still, the damage of Tsubasa's pressure was already done as the Demon Slayer was able to safetly land back on the ground, all thanks to Osada being forced to take a few steps back to properly defend.

Despite this, Osada seemed just as cheerful as before, rolling his shoulders as he took yet another fighting stance, this time with his left sword held above and perpendicular to his head, while his right was held out in front of him. Then, as he started to open his mouth to say something, Osada suddenly flipped his left sword around, tossing it hilt first at Tsubasa's head before taking a step forward, holding his other blade with two hands as he slashed downwards, attempting to take advantage of an opening that Tsubasa was likely able to cover up easily.

He didn't care though, he always wanted to try this little trick out.
Just some nerd who thinks they're a half decent writer.
FEF: Marks of Royalty links:
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Tsubasa, Osada

Once again, her foe proved to have unexpected reserves of speed. Not enough to completely turn the battle around, but he didn't take a scratch from her Sixth Form. She felt the impulse to meet his Fifth Form with her own - and so she did.  "Fifth Form: Chain Lightning!" A fortuitous choice; the multiple strikes of the attack allowed her to mount a defense to both Osada's expected and unexpected assaults. Her blade flashed up to knock the flying sword aside, then flowed into another parry aimed at stopping his slash, before the third and final stroke came in the form of a downward slash mirroring Osada's own. A familiar burning in her muscles told her that she was running out of time; unleashing this many kata in sequence was wearing her down quickly, while her foe only seemed to grow stronger.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile

Tsubasa, Osada

Taking a brief moment to note how the sword throw ultimately resulted in nothing, Osada took a step back as his initial blow was parried, already registering Tsubasa's final strike and reacting accordingly, switching to a double handed, upward swing to catch her strike. Which he did, resulting in yet another clang of metal as the swordsman was briefly forced onto one knee, before quickly pushing back up to a standing position, grinning behind the locked swords, "Phew, gotta say, you've got a very versatile style. I think we should call it here though before we start causing injuries, yeah?" Osada asked, raising an eyebrow as he waited for Tsubasa's response. He didn't back away from the sword lock, though it was clear that he was only putting enough force to keep them at a stalemate.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 07:02:45 pm by GodofGamingRWBY »
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Tsubasa, Osada

The clamor of the lock combined with Osada's expression and speech brought Tsubasa back to herself. The change in her posture was visible as she shifted back out of her combat mentality, mind refilling with matters outside her blade and her foe. She took a few heaving breaths before nodding. "Yeah." She backed up two steps, raising her sword to escape the lock before lowering it to a neutral guard and finally sheathing it with a deep exhale. "You're pretty good."
GM of Trespassers V2.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile

Tsubasa, Osada

Following Tsubasa's lead, Osada took two steps back as well, foregoing the extra, proper movements in favor of simply returning his sword to his sheath, "Right back at ya. Gotta say, it's a lot more enjoyable to duel someone on equal grounds, rather than being bowled over within the first few seconds" Osada commented as he walked over to his second sword, picking it off of the ground and inspecting the blade for damage, "As I said before, that style of yours is fascinating, never encountered something even remotely close to it during my travels. You don't happen to use mana with your breathing, do you?" he asked, spinning his blade around and swiftly sheathing it, turning back to face the Demon Slayer.
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Tsubasa, Osada

The slayer shook her head. "No. The only magic where I'm from is Blood Demon Arts, and you can tell I don't have any because of the way I haven't tried to eat you yet." Tsubasa stretched her arms over her head, hissing quietly as the action pulled at already-sore muscles. "Just Total Concentration Breathing and lots of practice." She moved to loosening her legs up. "You're much nicer than the last magic user I spoke to."
GM of Trespassers V2.

GodofGamingRWBY

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing Nerd
    • View Profile

Tsubasa, Osada

"Helps that I don't actually consider myself a mage, can't do all that fancy transmutation and stuff that most mages like to boast about. I've only got basic reinforcement down pat" Osada stated as he rolled his shoulders, ignoring the fact that he could do more than just reinforcement. It was just that most of his talents came from the Heroic Spirit within, not from his own practice, "I take it the last mage you spoke to was part of this whole Trespasser shebang, right?"
OOC
IC

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Tsubasa, Osada

The swordswoman nodded. "I think he called himself a black mage or somesuch? A small and rather unpleasant man named Shishi. . . Kiki. . . Some unpronouncable foreigner name. I think he confused a lack of unnecessary thought for a lack of brains. Ironic, considering I think his are mostly hot air and battle wounds at this point."
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]