Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Empower: Magic and Worship (5/5, Turn 11)  (Read 12529 times)

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
Re: Empower: Magic and Worship (5/5, Turn 3)
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2021, 06:49:17 pm »

Mix the ash with dirt gathered from the forest and plant a sapling in a pot fired by my flame magic.
4 You fire a decent pot and mix ash with dirt to plant a sapling in the forest. This helps with your learning of Flame, and the Nature Shrine sees this as a positive as well.
Flame Aspect 27/100 EXP. Nature Aspect 12/50 EXP. Gain Minor Blessing (Nature Aspect). Lose Pouch of Ash.
A small sapling is planted in the forest.

Spoiler: Tim (click to show/hide)

Offer deer some friendship milk. Then grab more dead animals to ressurect and fuse
2 The nightmare deer seems ambivalent toward your milk, so it does not drink it. Not to mention, it appears that there is a surprising shortage of animal bones now that lots of people have been resurrecting stuff. You learned a bit about what might happen if you mix too much random stuff together from Debby.

Decay Aspect 24/100 EXP.
There's a shortage of animal bones in the immediate area.

Spoiler: Bones Malone (click to show/hide)

Amon gathers his strength and the power of his blessing and calls a dead spirit to his location, He then immediately shoves the spirit into one of the twisting shadows as he chants “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even Death will die” Giving birth to a abomination under his control.
1+1 It looks like even with your blessing, nothing much happens this time. The spirits must not like you for disturbing them from their slumber... It could have been worse, and you learn that it's important to try to get spirits on your side before you start shoving them around ethereally.

Decay Aspect 17/100 EXP.

Spoiler: Amon Antigonus (click to show/hide)

Patrick smiles a jovial smile as he walks up to the small golem, kneeling down and placing a hand on it's head "Lil one yer life is a gift unto me from the Goddess er'self," looking up the portly man gets a glint in his eyes "We'll do something great ye here?" he told thd golem.

Patrick studies at the Stone shrine, while he gently tells the golem to gather small stones from nearby and bring them to him.
3 The small golem goes to work while you study, bringing back only five small stones in its tiny hands. It's not much, but at least the golem gives a cute smile and you've learned a touch more about the Stone Aspect while you were waiting.

Stone Aspect 20/50 EXP. Gain Small Stone x5.

Spoiler: Patrick O'Henigen (click to show/hide)

"I don't trust that skeleton over there, especially since he's defiling the corpse of what is probably one of my relatives."
Bestow the name Jeff upon my abomination, then get Jeff and go study at the nature shrine to get away from that skeleton.
4 Jeff the Abomination accompanies you away from the Decay Shrine, and you find some peace and quiet to study the Nature Aspect instead. It's a very soothing experience, and you feel quite blessed.

Nature Aspect 7/50 EXP. Gain Major Blessing (Nature Aspect).

Spoiler: Debby (click to show/hide)

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Empower: Magic and Worship (5/5, Turn 4)
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2021, 06:55:48 pm »

Well then, just start pumping Decay magic into the land itself then.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2021, 07:46:29 pm »

Amon tries to placate the spirits with some of his blood.

(Damn, My rolls have sucked!) 😭

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2021, 08:27:35 pm »

Patrick smiles at the golem taking the stones in his hands and placing them at the foot of the Stone altar. It have might seemed strange to treat a summoned creature like a friend rather than a servant but the man wasn't like most other mages, as he cared more about honoring the Goddess in his own way. Archmage was just a title and to Patrick O'Henigen titles didn't prove anything, it was the way you act that truly mattered.

And no matter what the portly man wouldn't treat the gift of magic as a tool, but a blessing granted from the Goddess herself so he treated everything with positivity and kindness.

Patrick arranged each stone around the foot of the Stone Altar, offering each one to the Goddess as thanks for her gift. The golem. 'Maybe teh Goddess will want me teh name the lil one' he thought as he finished.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 08:46:00 pm by Horizon »
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2021, 06:42:25 am »

Continue my study at the nature shrine, and to keep Jeff out of trouble have him go gather any interesting stones that he can find.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2021, 10:29:40 am »

Spend my time in the forest caring for the sapling, heating water with flame magic to purify it before waiting for it to cool, then giving it to the plants.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2021, 11:56:14 pm »

Well then, just start pumping Decay magic into the land itself then.
1 The land, it seems, has a will to resist your magics... or at least, that's what a devotee of the Goddess would say. Instead of pumping Decay into the land, Decay is pumped into your body. At least where bones are concerned, there's some new ones for the other students to use.

Decay Aspect 25/100 EXP. Your hand falls off.

Amon tries to placate the spirits with some of his blood.
5 The blood seems to be a favorable offering, and the wound seems to seal up on its own under the black glow of the orb. The awakened spirits are no longer irritable towards you, and you feel blessed for your efforts.

Decay Aspect 27/100. Gain Major Blessing (Decay Aspect).
The stirring spirits are now wandering about, severely less angry than before.

Patrick smiles at the golem taking the stones in his hands and placing them at the foot of the Stone altar. It have might seemed strange to treat a summoned creature like a friend rather than a servant but the man wasn't like most other mages, as he cared more about honoring the Goddess in his own way. Archmage was just a title and to Patrick O'Henigen titles didn't prove anything, it was the way you act that truly mattered.

And no matter what the portly man wouldn't treat the gift of magic as a tool, but a blessing granted from the Goddess herself so he treated everything with positivity and kindness.

Patrick arranged each stone around the foot of the Stone Altar, offering each one to the Goddess as thanks for her gift. The golem. 'Maybe teh Goddess will want me teh name the lil one' he thought as he finished.
4 Your offering of stone to the Stone Shrine seems to be favorable, the stones disappearing and the green orb glowing with power. When the magic flows into you, you could swear you hear a voice...

Blessed be the life that thou have given through thy worship, and blessed be thy name given of love to the little one.

That seems to be encouragement to your thoughts... what shall you name the little one?

Stone Aspect 27/50 EXP. Gain Major Blessing (Stone Aspect). Lose Small Stone x5.

Continue my study at the nature shrine, and to keep Jeff out of trouble have him go gather any interesting stones that he can find.
4+1 You study more at the Nature Shrine, Empowered by your previous feat of magic. The brown orb glows with power...
Loot find boosted for Jeff.
3+1 and Secret Roll Jeff indeed finds something interesting - a Ruby. This would be a very valuable offering at any shrine, but especially Flame as it matches the red hue of the orb.

Nature Aspect 17/50 EXP. Major Blessing depletes to Moderate Blessing (Nature Aspect). Gain Ruby x1

Spend my time in the forest caring for the sapling, heating water with flame magic to purify it before waiting for it to cool, then giving it to the plants.
2+1 It takes a while to accomplish, but you do manage to give some purified water to the sapling.

Flame Aspect 32/100 EXP. Nature Aspect 17/50 EXP.
The sapling is happy by being given purified water.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 12:20:06 am by Dwayna DragonFire »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Empower: Magic and Worship (5/5, Turn 5)
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2021, 04:51:03 am »

"Good job Jeff."
Use my ruby as an offering while I study at the nature shrine, and have Jeff go back out and bring back any interesting shiny things he finds.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2021, 05:28:00 am »

Re-animate then hands

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2021, 06:56:15 am »

Amon then uses the power of his blessing and shoves one of the now friendly spirits into one of the shadows, Giving birth to Amon’s companion.

8) For abomination buddies!

My plan is to basically train my magic for a few turns then look for lore, secrets and powerful artifacts.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 06:58:35 am by Knightwing64 »

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2021, 12:48:07 pm »

Patrick O'Henigen was honored by the words of the Goddess herself who out of all her children chose to grace him with her words, as though his offerings drew her attention to him specifically. Except he was not one to let pride become arrogance as he was raised in a way that taught him that arrogance brought sorrow onto the self and the people around those who were blind with arrogance.

So he kept his tongue bridled, as he would treasure the knowledge and the blessed feeling of the wise words whispered in his conscience to himself. Patrick beckoned the small golem closer and knelt down, gently taking the tiny golem's hands in his own and looking directly at it "Lil one ye are forevermore my friend an' ye are borne from teh blessings of teh Goddess erself'," he told the golem sofly in a whisper "Ye are Méróg-Bheag now, you are my little pebble forevermore." he spoke the name to the creature.

Patrick let some of the blessing he felt course through his hands as he gently squeezed Méróg's, using the blessing to make the little golem a little stronger and possibly give it sentience to a minor degree, meaning that of a child.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 01:10:17 pm by Horizon »
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2021, 04:05:19 pm »

Care for the sapling, use fire magic to keep the soil toasty warm, and continue to water it.

Dwayna DragonFire

• Bay Watcher
  • DragonFire Forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2021, 05:59:37 pm »

"Good job Jeff."
Use my ruby as an offering while I study at the nature shrine, and have Jeff go back out and bring back any interesting shiny things he finds.
3+2 The offering of the ruby and your blessing from before helps you to unlock more secrets of Nature magic quite a bit.

Thou art quite studious and successful. Thine attunement to Nature shall be enhanced all the more, should thee continue.

EXP boost for success streak. Loot find boosted for Jeff.
2+1 Jeff finds a small, spherical object that seems to have a magical aura to it.

Nature Aspect 32/50 EXP. Lose Ruby. Gain Small Magic Sphere x1. Moderate Blessing depletes to Minor Blessing (Nature Aspect).

Re-animate then hands
4 You re-animate that hand. It scuttles creepily across the floor toward you.

Decay Aspect 32/100 EXP. Gain Skeletal Hand Companion.

Amon then uses the power of his blessing and shoves one of the now friendly spirits into one of the shadows, Giving birth to Amon’s companion.
4+1 You use the power of Decay to blend a spirit with the shadows themselves, creating a dark specter that seems willing to follow you.

Decay Aspect 37/100 EXP. Gain Shadow Spirit Companion. Major Blessing depletes to Moderate Blessing (Decay Aspect)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Patrick let some of the blessing he felt course through his hands as he gently squeezed Méróg's, using the blessing to make the little golem a little stronger and possibly give it sentience to a minor degree, meaning that of a child.
2+2 You listened to Her Divine Word, so you feel all the more blessed with this particular feat. The magic flows into the small golem, and its eyes alight with power.

"Ah... Hi there! I'm Méróg-Bheag, and you must be my father."

Stone Aspect 34/50 EXP. Major Blessing depletes to Moderate Blessing (Stone Aspect). Méróg-Bheag has gained sentience.

Care for the sapling, use fire magic to keep the soil toasty warm, and continue to water it.
1 You accidentally burn the sapling instead, scorching the earth where it was once planted.

Flame Aspect 33/100 EXP. The sapling has burned to a crisp.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 06:03:23 pm by Dwayna DragonFire »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Empower: Magic and Worship (5/5, Turn 6)
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2021, 06:16:24 pm »

Pray to the aspect of nature, that fire's beauty might be tempered to beneficial purpose.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Empower: Magic and Worship (5/5, Turn 6)
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2021, 08:28:01 pm »

Pump Decay into the trees, the grass, the land itself, the insects, the shrooms, everything.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9