Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: HELP! i messed up my game  (Read 3138 times)

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
Re: HELP! i messed up my game
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2021, 02:34:02 am »

My history doesn't go back many versions (to 44.12 iirc), but in 47.05 there have been many trolls destroying doors.

were those trolls a part of a siege?

can anyone else confirm building destroyers which didn't come as part of a siege, aren't functioning properly.
What do you define as working properly? As of 0.47.04, the game was patched so only sieging building destroyers destroy buildings (I think, the log is a bit ambiguous - are "large visitors" specifically people travelling to locations, or any LARGE_ROAMING creature?):
Stopped large visitors and residents from seeking and destroying buildings even if they do so as invaders
So building destroyers that aren't part of a siege not destroying buildings should be an example of the game working as intended.

Apparently there is also a long-standing bug where building destroyers can't break buildings they're adjacent to, but I don't play enough fort mode to know if this is still the case or outdated information.

Moeteru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2021, 09:16:50 am »

Stopped large visitors and residents from seeking and destroying buildings even if they do so as invaders
So building destroyers that aren't part of a siege not destroying buildings should be an example of the game working as intended.
I'm almost certain that "visitors and residents" refers to sentient civilisation members who visit your fortress as diplomats/performers/etc.

dwarfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2021, 02:42:39 am »

My history doesn't go back many versions (to 44.12 iirc), but in 47.05 there have been many trolls destroying doors.

were those trolls a part of a siege?

can anyone else confirm building destroyers which didn't come as part of a siege, aren't functioning properly.
What do you define as working properly? As of 0.47.04, the game was patched so only sieging building destroyers destroy buildings (I think, the log is a bit ambiguous - are "large visitors" specifically people travelling to locations, or any LARGE_ROAMING creature?):

Apparently there is also a long-standing bug where building destroyers can't break buildings they're adjacent to, but I don't play enough fort mode to know if this is still the case or outdated information.

not a good change IMO but who am i to complain, it's less micromanagement since now i can lock things in with doors.

former building destroyers still keep their building destroyer pathing tho so it causes them to camp doors.
"Likes cats for their ability to hunt vermin, and elves for their sensitive ears"

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2021, 05:04:10 am »

"visitors and residents" refers exclusively to people who come in as tavern guests, FYI.
Pages: 1 [2]