Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [Community Mod 50.05] Teh LOLmod 1.10  (Read 17038 times)

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
[Community Mod 50.05] Teh LOLmod 1.10
« on: March 12, 2021, 11:49:48 am »

Teh LOLmod

Download Latest Version
Download 0.47.05 Version
Old Thread.
Old Thread #2.

Welcome to Teh LOLmod! This is a community mod which means that anything added into it, as well as the people working on the mod itself is done by the community itself, and not a single person! The rules are simple, you want to add something or add something somebody else suggested? Just add it in and give it to me and I'll check it and give it the green! That's all! You guys choose what gets in, gets out and gets balanced.

So what do you do now? Well you just download the mod, make a fortress near a necro tower and hope you manage to survive. After you've had your fair share of !!FUN!! come back over here and give suggestions or add in your own things.

Spoiler: What is this mod? (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Who made this mod? (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Changelog (click to show/hide)

Now then, without further ado, may the !!FUN!! start!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: [Community Mod 47.05] Teh LOLmod 1.8.68 - the Rule of voliol
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 12:38:24 pm »

Thanks for taking over, Voliol! I look forward to seeing what you make.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: [Community Mod 47.05] Teh LOLmod 1.9
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2021, 10:17:21 am »

Teh LOLmod 1.9 is here, containing mostly refactoring but also some bug fixes, the most important/noticable ones surrounding cars and summons.

Here are the details for the refactoring, if anyone's interested:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2021, 02:40:31 pm »

My big goal for this mod (other than adding whatever stuff you guys come up with) is to have it graphics-ready some time after Premium releases. It's a big mod, so to do that multiple methods will probably be needed (scouring sprite databases for sprites usable as is, editing sprites, doing them from scratch), and it's best to start as soon as possible.

For the politicians, my envisioned method is doing heads to stick on human bodies, one for each politician:
That way they can wear various equipment (headwear excluded) and have it show up, without any extra work.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2021, 06:55:37 pm »

Who's the cross-faced one?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2021, 02:49:28 am »

Meant to be Jill Stein, she just hasn’t been given a face yet. Under her are Gary Johnson (who I am not quite satisfied with) and John Kasich, based on this kind of face:

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2021, 10:39:36 am »

Thanks for doing the graphics, by the way!
My mods and forum games.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2021, 10:29:59 am »

Here's some of the graphics done the past month:

A mockup based on one of the official screenshots. An Obama and a Trump are preparing an assault on a gloglogabgalab, and they've summoned Obama Prisms and Walls respectively to help them with the deed.

A family of Bushes: Sr., Jr. and Jeb, in order.

And finally a nyan cat, a sanic and a blue-eyes white dragon, with a dwarf for size comparison. Arguably the blue-eyes is a bit too big, but that's what you get for ripping sprites.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2021, 12:30:19 pm »

-snip-

Ok, now I'm sold on the graphical version.
My mods and forum games.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2021, 05:00:11 pm »

-snip-

Ok, now I'm sold on the graphical version.

So am I. It’s an intoxinating feeling to implement graphics other than colored ASCII symbols, even if it’s just mockups by editing screenshots.

By the way, I was thinking of implementing the monkeys in barrels done by meph over at the official steam announcement thread, as those sprites are too good to never appear in anybody’s game.
I'm truly sorry for the long wait, it's obviously the first thing I should have done.

Gotta ask him first of course, but if given an ok I’d add them to the mod even before the Premium release, if only as anticipatory ASCII symbols. What do you think?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2021, 05:10:55 pm »

Sounds like they’d be as fun as a barrel of monkeys.
My mods and forum games.

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2021, 07:05:24 am »

What is this gem i have stumbled across
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2021, 03:21:00 pm »

What is this gem i have stumbled across

'Tis Teh LOLmod, where the veins of the internet are seeping into the DF raws. Or something. The top post really explains it best, in case you only saw the "screenshots".

I did get permission to use the monkey barrel sprites from Meph, but only on Steam/itch.io as they are technically owned by Kitfox. Considering I'm planning to borrow/modify other sprites from the official Steam graphics for this, that pretty much confirms that graphics for Teh LOLmod will only be coming to Steam/itch.io users. At least the ones I'm putting together now.

And then in the midst of trying to implement them I realized I had no idea which monkeys the other two represented. Oh well. A new minor version adding the chimpanzee barrels only will go up tomorrow, so now's the time to sneak something in if you feel like it.

edit: v1.9.1 is now up

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
Re: [Community Mod 47.05] Teh LOLmod 1.9.1
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2021, 12:01:16 pm »

i must ask for posterity

have anarcho primitivists been added already

im very bored, and was going to make a monke fort mod and this seems like a project that would contribute to
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
Re: [Community Mod 47.05] Teh LOLmod 1.9.1
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2021, 12:53:20 pm »

in the past hour i have decided to abandon that idea because its a shitty one
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.
Pages: [1] 2