Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF not so hard mode  (Read 1249 times)

slave of amok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DF not so hard mode
« on: April 22, 2021, 05:25:43 am »

so i decided to make another world but with 1/10 of the apocalyptic proportions of my previus one, used advanced world gen to put in about a 100 of each flavor of fun (colosi, night trolls exc) and start it. humans, elves and dwarves get wiped as expected by the goblin hordes who proceed so swell like a decomposing pufferfish. the south seems fine and i saw a little serene island east of the goblin wastes, decided to settle there. made some militia with leather armor, made some metal axes and carved out a nice hillock for myself. a king get crowned and i get a fun idea: lets rebuild the dwarven realm! first things first: invade the mainland. i strike the earth on the northen shore and make a massive wooden bridge that spans to the island, which immidiatly floods becouse of fun world gen. my bridge is a now a pier and my king is now a fish but i wouldnt let that stop me! i venture on to the southern heartland and carve out a city to house 200 dwarves, a wrench was thrown in the works however as at a 100 i already caught a bronze colossus ire. bravely, i send out the entire chivilian population to get atom smashed between its feet. my second party that i send to reclaim my new home whent to battle as hammerlord armed with steel... arms! they managed to get a few dents in before being compressed into a tree, and finaly my *chosen one!* clad in the finest ar-he retired to become a full time pancake. luckely the bronze colosus was now content sitting atop a hill watching menecingly. which came into my favor as he repeld 7 goblin sieges while we hid below ground. when he finaly fell i build a chamber of triumph for our fallen protector with his broken body as the center piece. this would have all been very dramatic if a second bronze colosuss didnt show up as my gates where jammed. i was about to call it rip`s when i noticed that this mighty brother of our new diety... got stuck in a wooden cage trap... yea. placed him in the chamber of triumph, got 200 dworfs and made it the most prosperous fortress yet, and after some expiditions, i reclaimed and plunderd the dwarven, elven and human ruins. with 1 more fotress to be build upon the northern river crossing. making the sole river crossing for armies and caravans under my control. this didnt last as 3000 goblins soon conquerd and occupied it and proceeded to march south. they have taken 3 forts along the mountain range already. ive taken control of a local bastion and planning my next move. most likely a lava trap fortress. do you guys have any suggestions of how to deal with a goblin empire 50k strong?

slave of amok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF not so hard mode
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 04:23:06 am »

well i made my steamy vulcano fortress, but the floodgates where not magma safe, rip.