Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modding a megabeast with [POWER].  (Read 1240 times)

nocpur

• Bay Watcher
  • droolin
    • View Profile
Modding a megabeast with [POWER].
« on: March 21, 2021, 01:02:22 am »

I've been doing some megabeast modding, and have given one species [POWER]. This lets them take over civilizations, become a part of them, etc., which is what I want, but it happens to every megabeast of the species in just 1-2 years of worldgen.

The thing is, I don't really want every one of these megabeasts to devote themselves to a civilization, as I still want them to randomly pop up as megabeast encounters in fortress mode (which, I'm assuming now they'll only come if I'm at war with that civ). I know it's a tag taken from demons so they'll want to find a civ to control right away. Is there a way I can make it so only a few may become part of a civ, or at least, it's a lot harder for them to?

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
Re: Modding a megabeast with [POWER].
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 03:11:25 am »

Apparently, the [POWER] token is a caste-level token, so you might be able to split up whether the creature stays as a wild megabeast or takes control over a civilization by using separate castes - one/more with the token, one/more without it. That is, assuming the game actually respects the caste differences (I believe in some cases worldgen ignores that not all castes have a particular token and treats them as if all of them have it).

nocpur

• Bay Watcher
  • droolin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 08:27:11 pm »

Aha, that did exactly the trick. [POWER] does work with individual castes. Thank you!

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2021, 05:01:47 pm »

to add to this, you should make the attack triggers for the civilized ones ludicrously high, otherwise they might abandon their duties and be randomly pulled in to attack your fortress once those conditions are met.
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
https://www.patreon.com/themodsmith
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2