Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Accelerated Dwarf Fortress ~ v1.0  (Read 4927 times)

LargeSnail

• Bay Watcher
  • Sluggish Modder
    • View Profile
Accelerated Dwarf Fortress ~ v1.0
« on: March 23, 2021, 01:57:35 am »

Accelerated Dwarf Fortress Mod

Hello DF Community!
This mod is pretty simple: It's the Accelerated Module of the Modest Mod, but without any of the former Modest Mod bugfixes and balancing. It's just acceleration (without french vanilla).

The idea of this mod was originally developed by Meph. You can see the old Accelerated DF here.

What you get:
 - A faster DF
 - Shorter lists of build materials to scroll through
 - Shorter lists of tradegoods for nice trading
 - Less clutter left over from invasions and ambushes
 - More similar colored rocks to build your fortress in
 - Wide open caverns
 - All vanilla features still work. No worries, it is still the good old Dwarf Fortress

How to play:
 - Just unpack the mod's content on your Dwarf Fortress directory and run the game as always.
 - No changes in gameplay, tactics or balancing have been done

List of Changes:
 - Standardized grass
 - Pandas eat grass instead of bamboo
 - Standardized wood
 - Less stones types
 - Several stone types leave only dust, no solid stone
 - Only one type of sand, soil and two clays (one earthenware, a second one for stoneware)
 - Aquifers removed
 - Reduntant domestic animals removed
 - Reduntant gems removes, about 70% less
 - Less clothing types
 - Less clothing worn by traders and invaders
 - Standardized toys and instruments
 - Standardized animal materials, including bones, leather and meat
 - All adv worldgens produce wide, open caverns to help pathfinding (no more mazelike caverns)
 - Removed billon, electrum, and the 3 pewters versions
 - Init tweaks for more FPS
 - Initial FPS cap set to 150
 - Weather and Temperature OFF by default
 - Embark rectangle reduced to 3x3

Graphics cooming soon.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Accelerated Dwarf Fortress ~ v1.0
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2021, 05:25:47 pm »

Huh. I wanted to do a new version of this for a while, but never did since it's included in the modest mod anyway. Well done. :)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 05:29:59 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 09:56:31 pm »

Thanks for the work, LargeSnail... I'm 5 months into my first fort with this mod (no other mods) and am enjoying it.

Something is puzzling me: a butchered giant olm (it had the name Paposcone after killing a human monster hunter) yielded the products shown. This is the only animal that has been butchered so far, so "Spirerinsed" must be its English translation. Does "frozen creature substance" mean something unrelated to temperature? It was killed in a cavern and the month is the 5th (Malachite) and no water anywhere is/was frozen.

In z-kitchen-Meat/fish/other, it says "You have no appropriate ingredients", so the meat is not useable.  Is this intended?

It was also a bit weird because my hunter was hunting a hare on the surface but didn't kill it and it escaped.  I was following the hunter, who then immediately got the job "Return Kill" and ran down to the cavern, got the giant olm corpse (which had been killed shortly before by a monster hunter) and carried it to the butcher shop. Maybe I just haven't seen this before, but I thought hunters only got "Return Kill" for their own hunted kills.
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2021, 11:08:41 pm »

The previous post was not a show-stopper, I'm still enjoying the mod 2 1/2 years into the fort.

Unfortunately, tanning doesn't seem to be working at all. 
I've tried with AutoTan turned on and off, and watched animals butchered within a few tiles. Their skins sit in the butcher shop, and in the tanner's shop "Tan a hide" is always red.  I've turned on the Tanning labor for 70+ dwarfs, and made a stockpile for only "fresh raw hides" which fills up with hides. Nothing gets tanned whether this stockpile "gives" to the tanner shop or not. So as a last resort, I deconstructed the tanner shop and built a new one. Still no luck.
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

Wokko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2021, 08:16:48 am »

Hi, for some reason with this mod in adventure mode all npc are wearing absolutely nothing except armor and maybe a few occasional amulets or rings. "Normal" clothes like shirts and trousers can be found only in wardrobes and bags, nobody wears anything. Any help please?

HellTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2021, 04:13:19 pm »

hello. can one use this some how with lazzy newb pack graphics?