Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Bay12 Discord  (Read 3097 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Discord
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2021, 01:21:38 pm »

Take it to PMs then. It’s easier to have a private conversation there. There’s also less people who can potentially judge you.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2021, 01:56:49 pm »

I do think if Toady wants to maintain the forums long term that he should establish a minor donation fund to cover the costs.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2021, 02:00:21 pm »

He already has one. The development of Dwarf fortress and likewise the forums has always been funded by donations.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2021, 02:02:04 pm »

He already has one. The development of Dwarf fortress and likewise the forums has always been funded by donations.
Yes, but the forums have always taken a backseat, for understandable reasons.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2021, 02:10:02 pm »

Ah, you mean something like a Go fund me where he can raise money to pay someone to fix the Great Disorder. An emergency fund for necessary repairs and updates. I'd donate to that.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2021, 04:57:03 pm »

I hang out on a Bay12 Discord. I hang out here. Each offers something the other doesn't.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2021, 08:59:21 pm »

I kinda like the Great Disorder.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2021, 09:09:59 pm »

'Cause it's more difficult to find your posts?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2021, 09:13:15 pm »

you guys search for posts?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2021, 09:46:53 pm »

It's cosy
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2021, 09:56:32 pm »

you guys search for posts?

<_< ...nooo?

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2021, 02:42:57 am »

I'm really not a fan of most forum side communities. My experience with them is that they either become an aggressive circlejerk, blaming the forum for ills that only they can perceive, or they become a glacial speed friend group of people you barely know, and who you'll always be on the outside of.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2021, 03:52:34 am »

Is there one? Or should I make another? For memes etc.
There's a link for the Kitfox discord on the main page of the wiki. It has an active DF category with several channels.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2021, 07:46:48 am »

I'm really not a fan of most forum side communities. My experience with them is that they either become an aggressive circlejerk, blaming the forum for ills that only they can perceive, or they become a glacial speed friend group of people you barely know, and who you'll always be on the outside of.

This is really oddly specific.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2021, 07:57:31 am »

It's pretty common on bay12 metacommunities. They tend to attract people who are no longer on the forums, feel like the forums are awful, and/or have been banned from the forums.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4