Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Rise from the Ashes: A Fallout-based PvE Council Game  (Read 7168 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rise from the Ashes: A Fallout-based PvE Council Game
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2021, 04:05:57 am »

What about armour made from the Nuka-cola truck toys you can find in game?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2021, 06:05:25 am »

We should consider that our police force is probably going to be the foundation of our self-defence forces. Given our bounty of food and drink, we will be a prime target for raiders. It would probably be wise to include at least some lethal armaments (though I like the idea of handheld water cola cannons as a first resort).
Long Live United Forenia!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2021, 06:57:26 am »

Would it not make sense as part of the experiment that Vault-Tec would have provided reasonable armaments in order for whoever has the bounty to be able to protect it from the group that didn’t? Stuff like riot gear and some pistols probably.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Skynet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2021, 07:42:13 am »

Would it not make sense as part of the experiment that Vault-Tec would have provided reasonable armaments in order for whoever has the bounty to be able to protect it from the group that didn’t? Stuff like riot gear and some pistols probably.
Not really. Vault-Tec would want to see what would happen when two equal groups meet (with one side having the bounty and the other side not having it). If you give reasonable armaments to either side, well, that'll tilt the playing field and make the the experiment less meaningful.

(...and now that I think about it, it's really inefficient for Vault-Tec to run all these experiments on live humans in the first place. Shouldn't they instead just build computer simulations and just simulate what would happen instead? The Tranquillity Lane simulation and the Anchorage Reclamation simulation does exist after all, so they probably have the tech to simulate humanity entirely. Eh, they're probably testing that very thing in Vault 589 or whatever...)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 07:45:28 am by Skynet »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2021, 08:17:49 am »

We should consider that our police force is probably going to be the foundation of our self-defence forces. Given our bounty of food and drink, we will be a prime target for raiders. It would probably be wise to include at least some lethal armaments (though I like the idea of handheld water cola cannons as a first resort).
Given the existence of a very powerful weapon in-game based on Nuka-Cola Quantum (which we have, like all Nuka-Cola variants, in abundance), I’m not sure we need anything more powerful than different ammunition for the cola cannons, because those ammunition’s have the ability to be pretty fucking lethal.
This is also part of why I suggested we should have the force members be randomly chosen, to help train everybody a bit to be able to defend themselves. It’s also so that people can’t hoard the power of being one of the police, as there’ll be repercussions for anybody who abuses that power once they lose it, if not earlier (hopefully they’re earlier, but the threat of it later helps make it work).
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2021, 09:12:47 am »

Given the existence of a very powerful weapon in-game based on Nuka-Cola Quantum (which we have, like all Nuka-Cola variants, in abundance), I’m not sure we need anything more powerful than different ammunition for the cola cannons, because those ammunition’s have the ability to be pretty fucking lethal.
I wouldn't count our nuclear-explosion-causing pistols before they hatch. Like, the Thirst Zapper apparently requires top-secret pre-war blueprints to upgrade into the deadly versions. We do seem to have a pretty good science team, with experience using Nuka-Cola for creative purposes, but I still wouldn't bank on perfectly recreating the culmination of an entire pre-war research facility's work.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2021, 09:29:02 am »

I do kind of like Glass's idea of a rotating police force, it could be the precursor to a militia when and if the vault opens back up. But this could also be when we start to decide the shape of the Vault's culture.

(Edit: Posted a little early) Right now we have two political blocs. Ideally we would be able to wield them together to prevent a civil conflict, but we should start with baby steps.

I propose we have two "police chiefs" one from each family. They share equal power over everybody, with disputes resolved by the Council. Serves two years, but able to serve again after another term has passed.

Also, each police person should have a partner from the other side to help build unity, hopefully prevent undue discrimination/favoritism.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 09:35:14 am by chubby2man »
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2021, 09:40:10 am »

(Edit: Posted a little early) Right now we have two political blocs. Ideally we would be able to wield them together to prevent a civil conflict, but we should start with baby steps.

I propose we have two "police chiefs" one from each family. They share equal power over everybody, with disputes resolved by the Council. Serves two years, but able to serve again after another term has passed.

Also, each police person should have a partner from the other side to help build unity, hopefully prevent undue discrimination/favoritism.
Ah yes, the Buddy Cop Movie tactic. :P

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2021, 11:09:09 am »

...Riggs and Murtaugh?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2021, 11:51:24 am »

Quote from: Proposal: Witty Name
-10% of the population is conscripted each year. People guilty of a crime in the past year are excluded that year. People guilty of violent crime are excluded forever. The selection rotates to ensure everyone gets a go.
-The ratio of nerds:indies must always be consistent with the ratio in the general populace. Patrols should include one cop from each faction when possible.
-There are two chiefs- one nerd, one indie. They are chosen at random from volunteers to prevent politics being involved in their selection.
-A small amount of active-duty cops will be deployed on patrol, while most of the force is only required to show up occasionally to practice (the job of police instructor is fixed, but the instructor(s) has(/have) no authority except in regards to training). These reservists can be called in in exceptional circumstances. At other times they do their normal jobs.
-People on the force get essentially high-powered squirt guns. Like, really high-powered. Hurts-like-a-bitch levels of high pressure, though not enough to do any permanent damage. Of course, it’s Nuka-Cola instead of water, so it’s also going to be sticky and a pain to get out, as well as relatively obvious if you’ve been sprayed, if only because you’ll smell like Nuka-Cola.
-Pistols, which were intended to be used by the vault's security team before the whole whoops no Vault-Tec employees thing, are deployed in extreme circumstances only. A few are used for training purposes, so there is always someone capable of using one without shooting themselves in the foot (albeit not with extreme accuracy).
-Lightly armoured vests and shitty helmets, which were also intended for vault security, are given to active-duty cops.
I combined stuff into a full proposal. Tweaked some things. I'd be okay with adding more features.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 11:52:57 am by NUKE9.13 »

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2021, 06:27:10 pm »

Quote from: Proposal: Witty Name
-10% of the population is conscripted each year. People guilty of a crime in the past year are excluded that year. People guilty of violent crime are excluded forever. The selection rotates to ensure everyone gets a go.
-The ratio of nerds:indies must always be consistent with the ratio in the general populace. Patrols should include one cop from each faction when possible.
-There are two chiefs- one nerd, one indie. They are chosen at random from volunteers to prevent politics being involved in their selection.
-A small amount of active-duty cops will be deployed on patrol, while most of the force is only required to show up occasionally to practice (the job of police instructor is fixed, but the instructor(s) has(/have) no authority except in regards to training). These reservists can be called in in exceptional circumstances. At other times they do their normal jobs.
-People on the force get essentially high-powered squirt guns. Like, really high-powered. Hurts-like-a-bitch levels of high pressure, though not enough to do any permanent damage. Of course, it’s Nuka-Cola instead of water, so it’s also going to be sticky and a pain to get out, as well as relatively obvious if you’ve been sprayed, if only because you’ll smell like Nuka-Cola.
-Pistols, which were intended to be used by the vault's security team before the whole whoops no Vault-Tec employees thing, are deployed in extreme circumstances only. A few are used for training purposes, so there is always someone capable of using one without shooting themselves in the foot (albeit not with extreme accuracy).
-Lightly armoured vests and shitty helmets, which were also intended for vault security, are given to active-duty cops.
I combined stuff into a full proposal. Tweaked some things. I'd be okay with adding more features.

+1
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

ConscriptFive

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2021, 07:13:27 pm »

Nuke's plan works for me.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2021, 12:53:29 am »

Man, that whole box for votes thing is a crazzzzzy fad man, we should totally keep doing it and see what happens, man.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2021, 01:06:25 am »

This is what happens when there's only one full plan, and it's just a compilation of everything that's been suggested, MoP. :p

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2021, 02:04:41 am »

I also throw my +1 onto the pile for Nuke's plan.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10