Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Election: A Bright Future(Town Victory)  (Read 13478 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Election Day!
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2021, 03:51:43 pm »

The point was this: How would you know I lied about the coins from the literal enemy of Fortree if you weren't being backed by Ellif?

Because it is a lie? You can't get security briefings about coins that don't exist. I mean, you weave a good tale but that's what it is. A fabrication to make you look better.

Maybe it's more elegantly pointed that I know I lied about the coins for a traitor country, but if you were Town, how would you know about that? Why would it even matter? If I'm the traitor, then it's just how the other country works, and I'd have inside knowledge.

But you said it's a lie. Because you KNOW that's not how they back traitors.

Because you are a traitor.

I don't have any information about that either way. Don't put words into my mouth.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2021, 03:53:02 pm »

I gotta eat something but I'll be back in 30.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2021, 03:53:18 pm »

You have enough information to call it a lie. Where did that come from? Because I have given an adequate explanation of where it came from: You know there aren't coins because you are the Traitor.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2021, 04:54:58 pm »

You have enough information to call it a lie. Where did that come from? Because I have given an adequate explanation of where it came from: You know there aren't coins because you are the Traitor.

I know you're lying because it's made up. You can't have that information because you aren't the loyal contender. Really don't know how I can make this clearer.

My vote's still on Web. for now. I need to see Caz do something - prove, poke, prod. Actually dig in - it seems only NQT is doing that isofar, and doing it against Web - which seems to me to be buddying, but I'm not sure.

Who do you think is the traitor ally?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2021, 05:03:27 pm »

I know you're lying because it's made up. You can't have that information because you aren't the loyal contender. Really don't know how I can make this clearer.
How do you know it's made up? If you aren't the traitor, you wouldn't know if it's made up. Simple as that.

I proved you have information you shouldn't have.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2021, 05:47:52 pm »

How do you know it's made up? If you aren't the traitor, you wouldn't know if it's made up. Simple as that.

I proved you have information you shouldn't have.

I know you're making it up because you're the traitor.

It isn't your choice to make anyway. Blu and FoU and NQT can figure it out.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2021, 05:57:48 pm »

Fallacy, shooting from the hip, which candidate would you pick?
Caz, for being more blunt and straightforwards.

I'm definitely inclined to believe them, more. Web's spouting nonsense about coins, but really, there's no validity there. If Caz is the town candidate, then they're fully justified in assuming the other one is lying - and webadict would have to know this.

The fact that webadict is choosing to ignore that fact and use some elaborate flavor scheme makes me think Caz is the town candidate.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2021, 06:00:14 pm »

No, see, that's the thing: If I'm the traitor, the coin thing could be plausible. You would say something about that there's no coin that you'd have because you're not a traitor.

If you're not a traitor, you should be arguing that no coin with your fingerprints exists.
You argued that no coinS exist.

Do you see the difference? You'd be following the train of thought because I'd have information that you don't. I'd be the informed minority. But, you rightly pointed out that coins do not exist. This is the truth, but it's a truth that you simply shouldn't know. It wouldn't matter if your PM didn't mention the coins because if I'm the traitor, I'd have the coin knowledge.

Instead of debating whether you did or didn't know about the coins, your better shot is to aim for my weakness: The fact that I lied about the coins in the first place. See, the neat part about this is that even if you acknowledged the coins' existence, I could spin that to my advantage. So, the fact that it was a lose-lose for you is what you should be aiming it. But, you'll have to walk back your stance a bit and incur a bit of a hit to your credibility. Honestly, it feels like you're already in a no-win situation here. You should be trying to make me look guilty for that. It's a bit scummy on my part.

Fallacy, shooting from the hip, which candidate would you pick?
Caz, for being more blunt and straightforwards.

I'm definitely inclined to believe them, more. Web's spouting nonsense about coins, but really, there's no validity there. If Caz is the town candidate, then they're fully justified in assuming the other one is lying - and webadict would have to know this.

The fact that webadict is choosing to ignore that fact and use some elaborate flavor scheme makes me think Caz is the town candidate.
Haha. Would you like to point out which part of my scheme was elaborate?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2021, 06:02:09 pm »

I genuinely cannot parse what you are even trying to do.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2021, 06:06:42 pm »

Web is trying some convoluted play perhaps to convince me specifically who likes that sort of thing. But the motivation is just completely off. I don't see how the coin ploy makes any sense from a town view.

My vote is Caz. My guess is Blu is the traitor. Their initial post was super unconvincing.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2021, 06:08:16 pm »

On the one hand that's exactly what wuba said you were going to do. On the other hand, wuba's play makes basically absolutely no sense. If he is town, then he's giving an easy win to the traitor.
Generic Arms Race.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2021, 06:10:24 pm »

I genuinely cannot parse what you are even trying to do.
That's weird. You're usually used to schemes. Are you not for this one because it implicates Caz?

The plan was simple: Either get Caz to admit that no such coins exist (thereby proving they are scum for knowing that) OR get Caz to admit such coins exist and thereby improve my credibility by revealing a fact that both of us "know". Now, this would come with the side effect of making NQT look scummy, but that's simply a risk you take when you decide to do something like that.

That plan is far from elaborate.

Simply put:
Explain which part of the Town role PM would let them have access to the coins aspect of the Scum role? It doesn't matter if I'm lying.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2021, 06:11:36 pm »

I can only think he was trying to WIFOM me into voting for him (a traitor Web would act sensibly in this situation therefore this is town!Web) but I'm not actually that dumb.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2021, 06:12:29 pm »

I can only think he was trying to WIFOM me into voting for him (a traitor Web would act sensibly in this situation therefore this is town!Web) but I'm not actually that dumb.
?

What. THAT'S an elaborate plan.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2021, 06:13:25 pm »

But, this should prove that FoU is Town by virtue of not hammering. That's good! That means that NQT was in fact the traitor the whole time.

Neat!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14