Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking for a modder  (Read 660 times)

Kyuuketsuki_23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Looking for a modder
« on: April 02, 2021, 01:00:39 pm »

Alright, so, I'd really appreciate it if somebody who knows the game well enough wouldn't mind creating a simple mod for me. All I'd require is a way to start Adventurer Mode as a vampire and/or a zombie and/or a necromancer (basically, any playable night creature) right off the bat. Whoever is interested, please do DM me so we can discuss the details.

P. S. I've already met a person willing to help me with that, which convinces me that doing what I humbly ask is quite posible, but they've been offline for well over a month and so, here I am.

P. P. S. There's also a similar suggestion of mine, but it might as well take a while to be added, even if it will be.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Looking for a modder
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 05:34:13 am »

That's a pretty easy mod: You could copy dwarves, rename them and add the fitting interactions which you can find in \raw\interaction examples. interaction_secret.txt has the necromancers, interaction_vampire.txt the vampires, and interaction_werebeast.txt the werecreatures. You take the interactions and add them to your dwarf copies.

You can learn how the interaction token work here: https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Interaction_token

And how they work in the creature files here: https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Creature_token#CAN_DO_INTERACTION

Maybe try it yourself, have a go at it. That way you might do future mods of similar take by yourself. :) If you need more help, just ask. Either way is better than waiting a month for a DM. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::