Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 36

Author Topic: Revolution III - Assassination Games - Rebel Victory!  (Read 33494 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: Revolution III - Assassination Games - Signups 9/5-10
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2021, 06:36:08 am »

You know, wow. Eight years is a long time. Also. Yo ya'll! Hope the game goes well. I'll be watching and lurking quietly.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2021, 06:49:03 am »

You know, wow. Eight years is a long time. Also. Yo ya'll! Hope the game goes well. I'll be watching and lurking quietly.
Thanks for popping by. Eight years is a long time. Here's to eight more of them!

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2021, 07:25:08 am »

Thanks for popping by. Eight years is a long time. Here's to eight more of them!

Aye! Cheers to that!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2021, 07:54:26 am »

Aye! Cheers to that!
Beep~
I remember seeing that avatar. I think it was from the let's play area. checks
Yep, yugioh, and apparently a pokemon and fef. Nice to meet you for the first time.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Revolution III - Assassination Games - Mission 1 - Toony's Pick
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2021, 06:11:45 pm »

After eight long years of building up after they were last smashed, the Rebellion is in full flow once again! The current rebels, include some survivors from the prior ill-fated rebellion, and some young bloods, eager for victory! Among the loose cell of 9 Rebels, there is a Secret Commander, pulling the strings. He or she knows that their group has been infiltrated by three spies, but dares not speak openly lest the Empire's Assassin be tipped off. Someone among their number is a Bodyguard, loyal to the Rebellion and waiting to protect the Commander.

Turn Order
1. Toonyman
2. BluarianKnight
3. Knightwing64
4. JimGroovester
5. FallacyofUrist
6. Webadict
7. EuchreJack
8. Vector
9. TricMagic

The Current Team Leader will have 48 hours to create a team. A vote on the current setup can be initiated sooner by marking the proposed team setup in red.

ToonyMan is the current Leader

Spoiler: Missions (click to show/hide)

Mission compositions can and should be rejected. But if 5 missions are rejected in a row, the spies will win! A mission is automatically rejected if a player fails to submit a team within 48 hours.

The first mission would require a tight knit gang to break into a substation and steal some vital plans...

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2021, 06:25:39 pm »

RVS still sucks.

Anybody who breadcrumbs in their first post is a spy and should be shot never get to do anything fun.

FallacyofUrist and webadict are perma scum and shouldn't go on the first mission.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2021, 06:37:15 pm »

Greetings everyone.

I'm the Commander.

This is the team we're going with:
ToonyMan
BluarianKnight
FallacyofUrist

Anybody who FAILs my team is a spy.

That is all.

PPE:
FallacyofUrist and webadict are perma scum and shouldn't go on the first mission.
Why?

Also the Bodyguard can confirm me if they want.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2021, 06:43:57 pm »

Toony has submitted a mission draft. Everyone has 48 hours to vote PASS or FAIL. Players are welcome to post after the hammer, but once you cast your vote for a mission that's it.

ToonyMan
BluarianKnight
FallacyofUrist

Note: you can always post unless I lock the thread and the thread only gets locked during missions.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 06:46:21 pm by notquitethere »

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2021, 06:51:08 pm »

PPE:
Why?

Pshaw, why is webadict scum, pshawwww.

Also I can't remember playing a game with FallacyofUrist where he wasn't scum. Ergo, if I'm in a game with him, he is scum.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2021, 06:55:15 pm »

FAIL

Nothing personal, but we need at least two team picks and votes in the first round for Rebels to have enough info.  Anyone that calls me a Spy for looking out for the Rebels is obvious Spy.

Also, I don't believe the Commander would admit to being the Commander, but then again ToonyMan and webadict discussed claiming Commander on day 1, so it's not a completely Spy move.  However, daring the Bodyguard to confirm the Commander is pretty scummy, since its a tactic that spys could reliably use to vouch as Commander without risking death by Assassin.  Only the ACTUAL Commander can die to the Assassin, and the Spys want the Commander to counterclaim so they know where to aim the Assassin bullet.

...hopefully the actual Commander and Bodyguard can do a better job than obviously spy ToonyMan.  While ToonyMan could be a well-intentioned Rebel, I say kill all liars.

I do like how Toonyman didn't shy away from putting themselves on the team.  Avoided the completely scum move.  Good job spy.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2021, 07:11:09 pm »

FAIL
*looks at Commander notes*

Uh huh, just what I expected from you.

Why should a Mission 1 team be failed? Especially one from me?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2021, 07:20:00 pm »

Bro, don't edit your posts.

Euchrejack, you seem nervous:

Nothing personal, but we need at least two team picks and votes in the first round for Rebels to have enough info.  Anyone that calls me a Spy for looking out for the Rebels is obvious Spy.

The first part of this is a good point, the second part is basically an OMGUS and has that reactionary feel.

Also, I don't believe the Commander would admit to being the Commander, but then again ToonyMan and webadict discussed claiming Commander on day 1, so it's not a completely Spy move.  However, daring the Bodyguard to confirm the Commander is pretty scummy, since its a tactic that spys could reliably use to vouch as Commander without risking death by Assassin.  Only the ACTUAL Commander can die to the Assassin, and the Spys want the Commander to counterclaim so they know where to aim the Assassin bullet.

...hopefully the actual Commander and Bodyguard can do a better job than obviously spy ToonyMan.  While ToonyMan could be a well-intentioned Rebel, I say kill all liars.

You're overreacting to this, too. Isn't it potentially good for the Bodyguard to claim commander, or even for a vanilla town to do it, in order to snow the opposition?

Because of that, I'm going to FoS PASS.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2021, 07:25:18 pm »

FAIL

Why are you failing a team composition before two of the people on it have a chance to speak and potentially show themselves as rebels worthy of engaging in missions?

Not that I expect FallacyofUrist to show himself as worthy because of how much of an obvious spy he is.

Furthermore why are you failing the composition before two of the people have a chance to speak in the name of more info?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2021, 07:28:28 pm »

FAIL
*looks at Commander notes*

Uh huh, just what I expected from you.

Why should a Mission 1 team be failed? Especially one from me?

Dude, stop pretending not to be Spy.  Guess it's time for me to role claim.

Role: Rebel.  Vanilla Rebel if you prefer.  I'm no Commander, no Bodyguard, no Spy.

Insinuating that I'm a Spy reinforces my belief that you're a spy.  Lame attempts at roleplay are a bad idea right now.  Accurate information benefits the Rebels, inaccurate info benefits the Spies.

Also, any REAL Commander wants his team to be failed, because this conveys to the Bodyguard who is not spies, without revealing that they are the Commander.  You are a fake, most likely Spy trying to draw out the real Commander.

Funny thing about Commander: Only two Rebels know who the Commander is, and the three Spies know they're NOT the Commander.  Less than half the team is completely in the dark about the Commander's identity.  I'm one of those.  You COULD be the Commander, but if so you've basically already sold out the rebels by claiming.  So no Commander would be so blatant.  Probably Spy.

Vector, you ninja'd me.  I'll try to refrain from editing my posts.  Old habits die hard and all that.  Shouldn't Rebels have a reactionary feel?
Jim Groovester, another ninja.  Answer: I honestly believe, based upon the last game, that the first team pick should fail.  Rebels need more info.  Info benefits the Rebels.  Lack of info benefits the Spies.  Also, should probably point out my n00b status, although I had hoped to avoid that out of some personal shame.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2021, 07:30:27 pm »

Maybe I'm just jumping the gun because I'm afraid the vote might occur while I'm sleeping or something.  Strong beliefs, and the realization that I won't be awake necessarily for the next 48 hours.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 36