Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 36

Author Topic: Revolution III - Assassination Games - Rebel Victory!  (Read 33872 times)

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Revolution III - Assassination Games - Mission D - Webadict's Pick
« Reply #420 on: April 14, 2021, 07:28:06 pm »

Damn, This is the only game I genuinely suck at. Now I know to never play poker. Because, If I did, I would probably lose everything I had and become homeless. Now, I’m gonna take a wild guess based on conjecture so I at least feel a little better about being total garbage. I feel like either ToonyMan, Webadict, Or BluarianKnight is scum. And I feel really bad for saying I distrust webadict and BluarianKnight, As they have been helping me most of the game, Unless I’m reading this completely wrong.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 07:30:49 pm by Knightwing64 »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 14, 2021, 07:38:35 pm »

Dude, you can't Edit.  We all gotta read your posts for ETERNITY.  It's a fairness thing, so everyone, scum or town, can fairly play the game.

You can't edit because it's like forging a documents.  It's a CRIME.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 14, 2021, 07:39:49 pm »

Knightwing, remember:

If ToonyMan is a Spy, I am also a Spy, and vice versa.

Who is the only possibility for us to be Spies with?

When you find yourself at the end of that road, you will see that it is impossible for us to be Spies. There is only one possible member that doesn't include Vector, TricMagic, and BluarianKnight, and none of those three are calling that one person (EuchreJack) a Spy.

So, then, you need to start looking at the teams that include ToonyMan, me, and those three. You will realize that these are almost entirely impossible except for ToonyMan, me, and Vector. So, can you see that team as a possibility, thus leaving BluarianKnight and TricMagic as not Spies? That's the tough question you have to ask yourself.

In the end, the Spies are Vector, TricMagic, and BluarianKnight. You do not need to believe me, though, but if you choose not to take a side, you leave the remaining 5 Rebels to do the job for you.

And the last straw is this: Why has no one else claimed Bodyguard? (Okay, FoU and EuchreJack have, but they were obviously joking.) This should 100% prove I am the Bodyguard. I literally MUST be a Rebel.

If I'm a Rebel, everything I say has to be true, or at the very least, it is meant to further the Rebel victory. That is why you should believe ToonyMan and I.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 14, 2021, 07:42:41 pm »

Hey, here's a little bit of advice, Knight.

This is like... your first game of mafia here (or at least pseudo-mafia), right? You shouldn't judge yourself for your performance here. Just like other games of skill, mafia games take practice to get good at. It's a very particular skillset - deception and recognizing deception, along with a good bit of strategy and social management. This isn't something you'll be good at first try. But you'll get there with practice, and it's much more rewarding once you do.

Just pay attention to what the people around you are doing and saying and how they connect to each other. Nobody's going to judge you for how you play, as long as you're doing your best and making a genuine effort.

You can't edit because it's like forging a documents.  It's a CRIME.
Also yes, this is true. In the vast, vast majority of the games here, 'no edits' is a firm rule. If you need to, just append a second post to your original post.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 14, 2021, 07:50:41 pm »

Yeah, and I wouldn't even say you suck at it. For a beginner, you're staying surprisingly afloat! This game has got a lot of weird things going on, and you're playing with several highly experienced players with extremely unusual playstyles. If anything, being caught up in a game with Toony and I in a position like this is quite unusual. Don't feel bad if you're confused.

All I ask is that you simply do what you think is right. You might be wrong, but being wrong is how you get better.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 14, 2021, 08:02:38 pm »

Knight, if you're comparing yourself to obvious n00b me, I'll just say that my job gives me a unique skill set.  I can't say what it is for extremely boring reasons, but I joined this game primarily to sharpen my wits.  Seems to be helping at work, so yay!

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 14, 2021, 08:46:09 pm »

You're doing better than my first game as town, Knight.
Unless you're spy. Then even better.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 14, 2021, 09:10:27 pm »

Damn, This is the only game I genuinely suck at. Now I know to never play poker. Because, If I did, I would probably lose everything I had and become homeless. Now, I’m gonna take a wild guess based on conjecture so I at least feel a little better about being total garbage. I feel like either ToonyMan, Webadict, Or BluarianKnight is scum. And I feel really bad for saying I distrust webadict and BluarianKnight, As they have been helping me most of the game, Unless I’m reading this completely wrong.

I think you may have forgotten that two sabotages need to occur in order for this mission to fail.  So even if you don't trust ToonyMan, this mission will pass.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 14, 2021, 09:33:37 pm »

For my reference.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bodyguard, am I lying about being the Commander?

This is high stakes mind games and I feel like I'm playing a level below I need to be for this game.

Who is left to claim Bodyguard that hasn't had a chance? Jim Groovester?

I can't be the Bodyguard because I am the Commander.

My guess? Toony>Euchre>Jim.

Mission B's team comp contains all three of these players. Two of them voted for it. One sabotage.

Nonsensical.

Rather, the inverse scenario, where you're the only spy on Mission B and one sabotage happens makes more sense.

With this I can safely discard anything BluearianKnight has to say. Actually I shouldn't discard anything he has to say, I think he might have inadvertently cleared all three of those players.

I don't think EuchreJack is a spy. I can't imagine them realizing to lying low on Mission A.

When did your opinion about him change? When planning Mission A you believed he was a spy.

LOL. Vector just tried to throw suspicion on Jim, omfg.

Why is your read on me being a Rebel so strong?

It's accurate, of course, but I'm curious about this.

I'm getting paranoid but I'm worried EuchreJack is getting too much of a free pass. I can believe ToonyMan and webadict are Rebels but there's a very persistent voice in the back of my head saying that they've more or less gotten their way with each mission comp and this hasn't exactly worked out great so far.

There's a lot more thinking I need to do. Consider this in-progress to something more thorough.

Wait a second I have an advantage in guessing spies since I've been on every mission and I'm a Rebel.

This is hard and I feel dumb because I don't understand the mind games being played.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 14, 2021, 09:37:34 pm »

That's all I needed to hear Jim. *wink wink*

PASS

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 14, 2021, 09:40:03 pm »

I'm choosing to put my trust in Toony. PASS. My gut is half worried, but I'm willing to stake things on this.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 14, 2021, 09:41:59 pm »

PASS

I don't know what's going on and I feel like I shoooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuld
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 14, 2021, 09:44:07 pm »

hahahahahahahaha

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 14, 2021, 09:45:48 pm »

Believe in me Jim.

Believe.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 14, 2021, 09:48:15 pm »

PASS

I don't know what's going on and I feel like I shoooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuld
A degree of obfuscation is necessary. That's probably all I can really say.
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 36