Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 36

Author Topic: Revolution III - Assassination Games - Rebel Victory!  (Read 33469 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Revolution III - Assassination Games - Mission D - Webadict's Pick
« Reply #435 on: April 14, 2021, 10:00:22 pm »

I don't think EuchreJack is a spy. I can't imagine them realizing to lying low on Mission A.

When did your opinion about him change? When planning Mission A you believed he was a spy.

Oh, I was specifically RVSing/pressuring with him as a new player. I like cracking the new ones open before they can lurk their way into becoming dangerous.

What changed for me was noticing that they weren't sheeping mob boss Webadict exclusively, which I thought a purely new player was too callow to do.

Similarly: If BK is scum, then that means I've seriously underestimated their ability ... :I *sigh* guess I'm gonna have to eat this delicious tie ...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 14, 2021, 10:02:08 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 14, 2021, 10:10:39 pm »

Stooooooooop

I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 14, 2021, 10:14:42 pm »

Imgur doesn't seem to work well anymore so I would try postimg to make fun of yourself.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 14, 2021, 10:16:30 pm »

I'm tryyyyyyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing

I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 14, 2021, 10:20:20 pm »

You are making me laugh, hahaha.

Submit that as your role for FBYOR 5, I dare you.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 15, 2021, 01:00:39 am »

I don't think EuchreJack is a spy. I can't imagine them realizing to lying low on Mission A.

When did your opinion about him change? When planning Mission A you believed he was a spy.

Oh, I was specifically RVSing/pressuring with him as a new player. I like cracking the new ones open before they can lurk their way into becoming dangerous.

What changed for me was noticing that they weren't sheeping mob boss Webadict exclusively, which I thought a purely new player was too callow to do.

Similarly: If BK is scum, then that means I've seriously underestimated their ability ... :I *sigh* guess I'm gonna have to eat this delicious tie ...

What does "callow" mean?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 15, 2021, 01:48:17 am »

naive
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 15, 2021, 02:18:05 am »

I'm still working on intelligently sorting out this game. If I develop reservations about this team composition I won't be able to do much about it since pass is at four so it's one away from hammer and webadict who made the composition hasn't cast a vote.

webadict, if you're planning on passing the composition and you don't expect anything I say will change your mind, just cast the vote.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Revolution III - Assassination Games - Mission B - Jim Groovester's Pick
« Reply #444 on: April 15, 2021, 03:03:12 am »

Mission D.
Pick 1: Webadict
Draft: Jim Groovester, EuchreJack, ToonyMan, FallacyofUrist, Knightwing64

Votes
1. Toonyman - PASS
2. BluarianKnight -
3. Knightwing64 -
4. JimGroovester -
5. FallacyofUrist - PASS
6. Webadict -
7. EuchreJack - PASS
8. Vector - PASS
9. TricMagic - FAIL

Spoiler: Missions (click to show/hide)
Pick 1/5

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 15, 2021, 03:07:15 am »

ToonyMan, webadict, tell me why I should care about a Bodyguard claim when it very much seems to me that honestly claiming Commander or Bodyguard would have only detrimental effects on the Rebel team?

I'm going to retract my opinion about BluearianKnight and EuchreJack not being competent enough to lay low on Mission A. Laying low on the first mission was explicitly mentioned as a spy strategy by notquitethere before the game started so it's perfectly possible that any player who actually read the thread before the game start (potentially anybody and certainly EuchreJack) would know about that being a viable strategy.

I've put some thought into how possible a ToonyMan/webadict/? spy team is and the more I think about it the less possible it is. It's 100% true that if web's team comp had two spies on it web and Toony and ? could have hammered Pass. That they didn't hammer means that the third spy isn't in the team comp, which leaves BK, TricMagic, and Vector as potential spy partners which is impossible given the interactions during this pick.

I can only conclude the game is already over and webadict and ToonyMan are being dicks or the game isn't over and there'll be a pick for Mission E.

I'm wondering about other possible insta-lose situations, e.g. a spy team with two of FoU, EuchreJack, and Knightwing64, but I'm not seeing much that ties either of those players together, either with interactions or with vote patterns.

At this point I think I would tentatively support the mission comp but I'm going to give myself some time to think about it before casting a vote, which is actually act of cowardice on my part because I'm worried if I don't think through the game hard enough I'm going to lose.

...he says, having forgotten the dunce cap on his head.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 15, 2021, 03:18:01 am »

@Jim: Because sometimes mission success is more important.

PASS

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Revolution III - Assassination Games - Mission B - Jim Groovester's Pick
« Reply #447 on: April 15, 2021, 03:35:23 am »

Mission D.
Pick 1: Webadict
Draft: Jim Groovester, EuchreJack, ToonyMan, FallacyofUrist, Knightwing64

Votes
1. Toonyman - PASS
2. BluarianKnight - DID NOT VOTE
3. Knightwing64 - DID NOT VOTE
4. JimGroovester - DID NOT VOTE
5. FallacyofUrist - PASS
6. Webadict - PASS
7. EuchreJack - PASS
8. Vector - PASS
9. TricMagic - FAIL

Pick 1/5

Webadict's pick succeeds.

Webadict choose the rebels that will lead the assault. If this fails, the rebellion is finished. It's all or nothing now. The rebels enter the convoy and begin the attack...

If any spies are on the mission, they have 24 hours to send me a sabotage. If all players on the mission, rebels included, send me a message of what they're doing (spies must pick "lay low" or "sabotage") then I will process the mission early.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 03:37:01 am by notquitethere »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Revolution III - Assassination Games - Mission A has been picked!
« Reply #448 on: April 16, 2021, 01:06:20 am »

The rebels ride a convoy directly into the capital! They secure the choke points, set up the machine gun nests, seize the press, take the telephone lines. The organisation moves as one, disciplined with only the minimum of looting. The palace awaits. Who will lead the final charge? Will the empire finally crumble?

Mission D succeeded with 0 sabotages

Mission E

Turn Order
1. Toonyman
2. BluarianKnight
3. Knightwing64
4. JimGroovester
5. FallacyofUrist
6. Webadict
7. EuchreJack
8. Vector
9. TricMagic

The Current Team Leader will have 48 hours to create a team. A vote on the current setup can be initiated sooner by marking the proposed team setup in red.

EuchreJack is the current Leader

Pick 1/5

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Revolution III - Assassination Games - Mission E - EuchreJack's pick
« Reply #449 on: April 16, 2021, 01:35:37 am »

This confirms there could only be 1 spy at most in Web's team.

Web is confirmed town because nobody has contended his Bodyguard claim. This is your final chance to do so.

Jack, replace Knightwing with Webadict so we don't have to wait 24 hours again for Knightwing to not send a night action.

Final mission team will be Jim, Jack, Toony, FoU, Web.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 36