Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 36

Author Topic: Revolution III - Assassination Games - Rebel Victory!  (Read 34109 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Revolution III - Assassination Games - Mission 1 - Toony's Pick
« Reply #105 on: April 11, 2021, 02:41:51 pm »

The fact is:
Spies will always PASS a team that has one spy on it (two spies for Mission 4).
Spies will either PASS or FAIL a team that has no spies or too many spies.
I believe it's more likely for spies to PASS a team that has too many spies than a team that has no spies, but they could go either way. On the other hand, there is no universe where spies pass a team that has no spies on it, it's suicide to their wincon.
I said this kind of funky.

I believe it's more likely for spies to PASS a team that has too many spies over a team that has no spies, but they could do either honestly. On the other hand, there is no universe where spies don't PASS a team that has only one spy on it (two spies for M4), it's suicide to their wincon.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 11, 2021, 02:43:37 pm »

Does the commander actually have a list of who is or isn't a rebel? And being so confident makes me think you are a commander or a spy. In the first case, that's not a good thing. In the second, you're lying.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 11, 2021, 02:46:43 pm »

@TricMagic: Woah, woah, woah. Hold up, you misunderstand.

ToonyMan is town because you cleared them.

As for the rest:
EuchreJack is locktown.
FallacyofUrist is maybetown.
Jim Groovester is null.
Knightwing64 is maybewolf.
Vector is maybewolf.
BK is sheepwolf.
TricMagic is lockwolf.

Why? Easy.

EuchreJack literally exploded their whole mindset out in their one post. Locktown. I'd put them in every mission forever. No joke, there'd be no point to not put them in a mission. I seriously don't know how anyone could possibly think EJ is not Town. It's literally bizarre. Seriously, pocket and lock it.
Dude, stop pretending not to be Spy.  Guess it's time for me to role claim.

Role: Rebel.  Vanilla Rebel if you prefer.  I'm no Commander, no Bodyguard, no Spy.

Insinuating that I'm a Spy reinforces my belief that you're a spy.  Lame attempts at roleplay are a bad idea right now.  Accurate information benefits the Rebels, inaccurate info benefits the Spies.

Also, any REAL Commander wants his team to be failed, because this conveys to the Bodyguard who is not spies, without revealing that they are the Commander.  You are a fake, most likely Spy trying to draw out the real Commander.

Funny thing about Commander: Only two Rebels know who the Commander is, and the three Spies know they're NOT the Commander.  Less than half the team is completely in the dark about the Commander's identity.  I'm one of those.  You COULD be the Commander, but if so you've basically already sold out the rebels by claiming.  So no Commander would be so blatant.  Probably Spy.

Vector, you ninja'd me.  I'll try to refrain from editing my posts.  Old habits die hard and all that.  Shouldn't Rebels have a reactionary feel?
Jim Groovester, another ninja.  Answer: I honestly believe, based upon the last game, that the first team pick should fail.  Rebels need more info.  Info benefits the Rebels.  Lack of info benefits the Spies.  Also, should probably point out my n00b status, although I had hoped to avoid that out of some personal shame.
This post is their mind explosion and should read like a frustrated new player spewing Town all over the floor. I've only seen one other player spew Town this hard.

ToonyMan is Town even if they're scum. Doesn't matter. The real point is that if ToonyMan is scum, they're looking for the Commander. And honestly, I don't really see them doing that. I'd also be more apt if they were accusing me of looking for the Commander as well. So, regardless, you should put ToonyMan on a mission. If the mission fails, someone else on that Mission failed it. That easy. If anything, I see them attempting to obfuscate the Commander, but if I post further on that, it'd be hella scummy, so I won't.
FAIL
*looks at Commander notes*

Uh huh, just what I expected from you.

Why should a Mission 1 team be failed? Especially one from me?
The opening posts are well within Towny!Toony meta, and... Makes sense.

FallacyofUrist is weird. I'm literally only putting them up here to spite TricMagic who is the most scummy of all scum players. I don't know why FoU failed their own mission, unless they're on a team with BK. FoU/BK w/w? Possible. But, FoU/TricMagic is for SURE not t/t. TricMagic wouldn't defend their partner that way.
Toony, you idiot. Most WIFOMy play ever. You realize that if we agree you're telling the truth, the spies can just shoot you, right?

FAIL. Of course I'd be happy to have myself on the mission roster like the good loyal rebel I am, but I want to get more info out of this day.
I hate the fail so very, very, VERY much, but this does remind me of Election. FoU tends to be very withdrawn as Town.

Jim Groovester has posted... I didn't even notice, I legit skipped over their posts when I started reading. Wow. If they're not sticking out, then they're probably scum.
Pshaw, why is webadict scum, pshawwww.
And I took that personally.

Knightwing64 posted once and it was such a meh post that they instantly became scummy.
Bro, You better cool it with the accusations or I’m gonna start singing Justin Biebers “What do you mean” song in your face. But for real, We have no evidence to go on other then suspicions at this point. I personally believe we should at least wait till the end of the first mission to accuse people, But you do you I guess. I just think it would be really easy to accidentally vote for a rebel believing them to be a traitor based on a few misplaced words. I’m just sharing my opinion tho, You can do whatever. But I’m watching you, You seem a little quick to throw out accusations at people. 🧐🤔
Very passive. Unable to understand what's going on here. Feels like newbscum. Completely the opposite of how EuchreJack is, and I haven't seen anyone even look in their direction. Super sus.

Vector going all-in on EuchreJack is so incredibly wrong that they should never be put on a mission ever. But, TricMagic didn't defend them hard enough to lock them in. Sorta waiting on how Vector replies.
Web: I'm deadly serious.
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 oh shoot, my retinas detached.

Honestly, I'd put them in maybe-Town if they didn't completely misread EuchreJack, it's such a bad read.

BluarianKnight just copycatted all-but-confirmed-scum TricMagic's arguments for why it's web/Toony w/w without any real research, likely because I pointed out significantly good reasons on why ToonyMan's picks are inherently a Townie move to PASS. FoU not passing is super scummy. BK should ALSO be Passing, and it's bizarre that they didn't immediately do so, ALONG WITH DEFENDING THEMSELVES BEFORE THE MISSION EVEN FAILED! They immediately took the defensive without even knowing the result, especially when I pointed out it would indeed point to them being scum. I mean, ANY MISSION YOU ARE ON THAT FAILS IS SCUMMY, WHAT?!
I haven't had too much time to dig in my heels - but this? This feels off.

In short - if it fails, I must be the spy. It's a great case - to push the blame on somebody else. And to prod a spybuddy to fail it to push town into a bad position.

I'm gonna hold my vote for now - it's a goddamn waste to vote early. Save it. Wait until it gets close - or when you'll not be able to, then put it down. Information is worth it.

I'm leaning passing for now - I think we need information. If it fails - NO ONE should be 'confirmed' or 'cleared' of suspicion. That sets a bad precedent where one wrong 'confirmed' can let the spies claim victory.

I think Euchre's a Rebel - very jumpy - but it feels like he's getting back into the handle of things. Not off my list of suspects though.

[...]

I'm personally keeping my eyes on those with the wordy, roleplay filled types - Webadict, that sort, because it gives a lot of chances to slip in messages.

If I had to guess.. It's a Web-Toony-someone else for Spies. Web gave Toony a perfect out for it - I don't think it's FoU, but it could be Web-FoU-someone else too.
This post right here is sheeping TricMagic, the obvscum, calling EuchreJack Town, which is sheeping my argument, and also calling ToonyMan scum. They're literally preemptively defending their failing the mission. If that ain't some scummy shit, I don't even know what is.

TricMagic is straight up scum. Straight. Up. Scum. Look at their play in Super10. Look at their play in MMMM. Literally some weird gambit opening garbage. This ain't no opening gambit garbage.
I'm a Commander too you know..

Fail. We have no need to do a mission right away, and the mission that takes two spies to fail it would be a good place to earn a point.

Also, I'm going to take an early shot and say that webadict and Vector aren't mafia together, this is very much in line with their normal play when they don't have any information. Which makes putting them on the same team for that particular mission a good thing.

(Toony kinda stole that gambit from me, and given how late it was. Anyway, going to eat breakfast now.)
This whole post is scumtells. Ain't no way Town!TricMagic apologizes for a stolen gambit. The web/Vector comment reads like someone who knows the Mafia and puts suspicion on Vector and me.

Does the commander actually have a list of who is or isn't a rebel? And being so confident makes me think you are a commander or a spy. In the first case, that's not a good thing. In the second, you're lying.
LMAO! THIS GUY ROLEFISHING FOR THE COMMANDER!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 11, 2021, 02:52:41 pm »

A lot of stuff, but I am asking a legitimate question here. As is his reasoning doesn't make any sense, he says that any who vote to fail it are spies, and is super confident there aren't any. If he has a list, he's a spy, if he doesn't, his reasoning falls apart. I'm just wondering if the Commander does have such a list, but if so there is no reason he should open like that. It's way too obvious.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2021, 03:00:43 pm »

Yes, I have a list of the spy team.

I don't know who the Bodyguard is in the rebels though. It'd be cool if they could come out and claim...

A lot of stuff, but I am asking a legitimate question here. As is his reasoning doesn't make any sense, he says that any who vote to fail it are spies, and is super confident there aren't any. If he has a list, he's a spy, if he doesn't, his reasoning falls apart. I'm just wondering if the Commander does have such a list, but if so there is no reason he should open like that. It's way too obvious.
What, are you saying I'm not the Commander?

I'm curious if any spies would be boldfaced enough to fail my team in front of me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2021, 03:23:59 pm »

I'm just wondering if the Commander does have such a list, but if so there is no reason he should open like that. It's way too obvious.
And being so confident makes me think you are a commander or a spy.
Gonna need to see your fishing license.

Also, I can confirm that ToonyMan IS the Commander because not only am I also the Commander, I am the Bodyguard, and ToonyMan is who is listed as the Commander.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 11, 2021, 03:36:47 pm »

So both you and Toony are spies then, good to know. Glad I failed this mission choice.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 11, 2021, 03:43:14 pm »

So both you and Toony are spies then, good to know. Glad I failed this mission choice.
Here's the thing Tric.

If I'm lying about being the Commander, the real Commander knows this and also knows I'm a rebel trying to protect them.

Calling me a spy is an incredibly stupid play as the Commander (why not just say you believe me?) which means you're either a very foolish rebel or a spy. What do you think I have written down in my notes for you?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 11, 2021, 03:48:35 pm »

ToonyMan, TricMagic is definitely a Spy. BK is also probably a Spy.

Who's the last Spy?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 11, 2021, 04:08:00 pm »

Obvspy TricMagic failed the team composition so I am going to PASS the composition.

I am scum.

Fucking knew it.

Uh, I don’t really think we should be accusing anyone at the start without hard evidence as they could be apart of our team and just had a miscommunication.
Bro, You better cool it with the accusations or I’m gonna start singing Justin Biebers “What do you mean” song in your face. But for real, We have no evidence to go on other then suspicions at this point. I personally believe we should at least wait till the end of the first mission to accuse people, But you do you I guess. I just think it would be really easy to accidentally vote for a rebel believing them to be a traitor based on a few misplaced words. I’m just sharing my opinion tho, You can do whatever. But I’m watching you, You seem a little quick to throw out accusations at people. 🧐🤔

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzYGWF6qrts

Also, any REAL Commander wants his team to be failed, because this conveys to the Bodyguard who is not spies, without revealing that they are the Commander.  You are a fake, most likely Spy trying to draw out the real Commander.
...I see.

You're implying that you are the Commander instead and not me.

I see, I see. You're the Bodyguard, aren't you?

This uneases me since I feel like you're actually trying to sniff out the Bodyguard, and I can't think of a reason for why a Rebel would want to do that.

K Spyadict. Blame a morning post why don't you. Where's your evidence? Not that it matters any, I doubt anyone would put me on a team anyway.

Is the idea of skipping to the mission that takes two to fail really that baffling to your spy conspiracy mind?
Umm... Did scum have chat, cause that sentence makes no sense otherwise.

You're welcome to think what you like spyadict, but it doesn't change the facts.

Yes, I definitely see TricMagic being a spy.

When TricMagic is town he will actually think which results in complete nonsense most of the time but it's obvious the wheels are turning. TricMagic isn't thinking here because he already has most of the information in the game. None of the usual stream of consciousness reasoning of town TricMagic.

Because I'm not going wild with no information to go off of, you think I must have information.

Not having enough information has never stopped you from going wild when you're town.

Jim Groovester has posted... I didn't even notice, I legit skipped over their posts when I started reading. Wow. If they're not sticking out, then they're probably scum.

somethingsomethingnoticemewubasenpai

BK sheeping TricMagic.

If I could follow TricMagic's reasoning I might be able to see how BluearianKnight is sheeping TricMagic but I don't get the impression BK is.

ToonyMan, TricMagic is definitely a Spy. BK is also probably a Spy.

Who's the last Spy?

Why did TricMagic the spy fail a team composition with his partner BluearianKnight on it?

I don't think BluearianKnight is a spy.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 11, 2021, 04:19:25 pm »

I don't know who the Bodyguard is in the rebels though. It'd be cool if they could come out and claim...

How exactly would that benefit the rebels?  It would just be one less rebel that might be the Commander.  Sounds like it would help the Spies.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 11, 2021, 04:25:33 pm »

I don't think Vector is a spy.  Vector's just rough on newbies, based on my review of prior beginner games.  It's probably just been a while since you've seen someone as green as me.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 11, 2021, 04:36:53 pm »

@EJ: Nah, you easy to read, Euchre. Vector had galaxy level bad read on you(chre). Theey can complain about it, but they went ham on accusing you. Typically, I think they're cognizant of their newb biases, and it takes them time to readjust to new players. If they change their read on you, I'll move them to maybe-Town. If not, then I'm crushing them.

@Jim: You agree with me on TricMagic. That's bonus points. Not agreeing on Blu... Fair. A lot of that is on the sheep of an obvious scum player, but a bit of it is also on their pre-defense of the failed mission. Anyway, move Jim a bit higher. Maybe-town. I'd be willing to put them in a mission to test them. Maybe EuchreJack, ToonyMan, JG? EuchreJack, webadict, JG? I'd be willing to test those.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 11, 2021, 04:46:55 pm »

Not that both of those suggestions have a spy on them. Which isn't conductive to finding spys, not that I want to pass a team with a spy on it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 11, 2021, 04:52:54 pm »

Thinking on it, you are either sheeping euchre, or pushing for someone to be confirmed town that is one of your spies, while setting up others to fall.

Whoever's turn it is to pick, you should go with your gut, don't let spyadict push you into making a plan you don't agree with.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 36