Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 36

Author Topic: Revolution III - Assassination Games - Rebel Victory!  (Read 33158 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Revolution III - Assassination Games - Mission D - Webadict's Pick
« Reply #405 on: April 14, 2021, 06:04:02 pm »

You do know I actually claimed commander right? Don't go.. Ah who am I kidding, your entire game plan is shifting the facts around.
Okay, let's make this a fairer game.

You have an argument here. Arguments are part of the whole mafia day game point. But so is evidence.

Can you give me three quotes that show how Webadict is misleading or misquoting people in some way?

Maybe! Maybe not. Maybe I'm the Bodyguard. Maybe I'm neither.

Telling you anything concrete only benefits scum. I'm not falling for it.
I know you're not the Bodyguard because I'm the Bodyguard, and you're the Commander.

My point still stands on this post - but I think I'll try to hold off on the aggressiveness - this play from the scumteam is just infuriating.
Aggression is an interesting component of mafia games. We're always reading the other players, aren't we? And it's typical to view an assertive, active, energetic, and case-pursuing player as town - though a good scum player can fake this, which is called power-wolfing.

Aggression is where frustration and assertiveness meet. And yeah, it can be a towntell. It shows you're invested. Just need to moderate it to within reasonable limits though, whether you're town or scum.

So, Blue. Who would your ideal team be? I know we're not at your pick yet, but it can't hurt to get your ideas out there.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 14, 2021, 06:05:23 pm »

It is however a good point. Taking things, Mission A passe, but Mission B failed. Mission C likewise failed, and you voting against it is plain facts. Likewise, Fal/Web picked it. So that's Jack, Jim, and Blue clear. You've done well to pocket jack into voting with you, and this mission, picked by you, has Toony and FoU on it. And Knightwing too, but eh. The logic holds together, mostly.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 14, 2021, 06:15:08 pm »

The voting game was the most important aspect of finding Rebels, and you completely missed the point behind each vote.

I think the really funny thing is that I can't tell you what you missed because it would give away that the Commander really is ToonyMan.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 14, 2021, 06:17:57 pm »

It is however a good point. Taking things, Mission A passe, but Mission B failed. Mission C likewise failed, and you voting against it is plain facts. Likewise, Fal/Web picked it. So that's Jack, Jim, and Blue clear. You've done well to pocket jack into voting with you, and this mission, picked by you, has Toony and FoU on it. And Knightwing too, but eh. The logic holds together, mostly.
So, unless you say that the final Spy is Vector, and that Vector, ToonyMan, and I are the Spies, the Spy team already won. There is literally no other combination that works by your logic, but I am tired of your ranting, so I will probably ignore you now.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 14, 2021, 06:38:21 pm »

Maybe! Maybe not. Maybe I'm the Bodyguard. Maybe I'm neither.

Telling you anything concrete only benefits scum. I'm not falling for it.
I know you're not the Bodyguard because I'm the Bodyguard, and you're the Commander.

My point still stands on this post - but I think I'll try to hold off on the aggressiveness - this play from the scumteam is just infuriating.
Aggression is an interesting component of mafia games. We're always reading the other players, aren't we? And it's typical to view an assertive, active, energetic, and case-pursuing player as town - though a good scum player can fake this, which is called power-wolfing.

Aggression is where frustration and assertiveness meet. And yeah, it can be a towntell. It shows you're invested. Just need to moderate it to within reasonable limits though, whether you're town or scum.

So, Blue. Who would your ideal team be? I know we're not at your pick yet, but it can't hurt to get your ideas out there.

Me, Jack, Jim, Vector, and either you or Knight.

I'm Town - I know this. Anyone who doesn't put themselves on the team they pick is fishy to me - end of story.

Jack and Jim both have shown themselves decent play - Jim hasn't joined/been forced into a powerbloc, staying back. Jack is being pocketed by the scumteam, but hasn't been pushing himself - honestly, I don't think he'd not sabotage D1, so he's cleared to me. Vector's shown themselves as decent townlean to me - I've not really focused on them past when they've been pushing Web, but they hold themselves soundly on arguments, and aren't trying to manipulate. Knight or you - honestly, I still don't know if you're scum. You're the third tacked on - but I could believe you were it, but one wouldn't hurt - but Knight seems fairly 'new guy shit out of depth', but he could be a sleeper. This in particular rubs me slightly off as 'I'm sorry man, but we gotta just ignore/sacrifice you because there's no mafiachat'. That might be me just looking for a reason though.

Now - Tric isn't on the team. Two reasons for that;

One, I still hold a slight doubt - until I can confirm the third, I don't trust him entirely unless there's no other choice - he might be agreeing with me, but I won't be pocketed just because someone's on my side. I don't trust that in of itself, and Tric did start shady as heck.

Two, I can see the smear-campaign Web and Toony could go off on if 'oh its the whole scumteam together' or some blathering crap to get Jack and Knight - new or rusty players just getting back into things, being led along, to agree to FAIL the mission.

Web? Web is good at that. He is really good at pointing fingers, making himself sounding smart, putting  bullshit as fact in giant textwalls, making it seem like fact, and repeating refuted arguments again and again to make it true, even if multiple people call them out on it.

So, since evidence means nothing and my arguments and suggestions are ignored, I'm faced with the fact that they're pretty successfully convincing town of their intentions without anything to go for it.

The voting game was the most important aspect of finding Rebels, and you completely missed the point behind each vote.

I think the really funny thing is that I can't tell you what you missed because it would give away that the Commander really is ToonyMan.

I see I've been edited - I'm gonna reply to this in another post, because.. this requires another post.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 14, 2021, 06:40:15 pm »

look up at previous post

And yes, I did stray from the original question - but I think I need to put my points out again; why I think they're scum, and why my team is what they are.

For this next mission, 2 spies are needed - I know it's Web and Toony. If it's one, it has to be the other, so I only laid out Web - I can go back to Toony later if I really need to.

That's why I'd flip/flop you or Knight FoU, one of you likely is the third - at least, my two top suspicions.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 14, 2021, 06:40:36 pm »

Oh - and by edit, I meant sniped - woops.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 14, 2021, 06:49:18 pm »

The voting game is the most important aspect of finding spies.

It's the only aspect we can read - alongisde sabotages and successes, to determine who's what. Spies will vote positive for teams with a spy on it, failure for non-teams. You were unified with FoU and Toony past the first day - which again, growing pains of the scumteam.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 14, 2021, 06:52:06 pm »

I swear, you all failed logic.

If ToonyMan, FoU, and I are Spies, then we already won. (We are three Pass votes, in addition to the two that already exist. ToonyMan and FoU sabotage. Spy win.) We are not doing that because we are Spies.

You need another team that includes one of EuchreJack, Vector, TricMagic, or BluarianKnight in order for us to not win immediately (EuchreJack already voted. Vector, TricMagic, and BluarianKnight aren't on the team.)

The fact that you say that's not logic is mind-numbing.

So, why don't you use logic this time?

Do you see how that works?

It's the only aspect we can read - alongisde sabotages and successes, to determine who's what. Spies will vote positive for teams with a spy on it, failure for non-teams. You were unified with FoU and Toony past the first day - which again, growing pains of the scumteam.
... Alright, I'm done with you, too. Too much for me to point out, and it doesn't help Town.

Where's Vector? Vector is smart, and I like them, even if they're a Spy. They'll give better arguments.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 14, 2021, 06:57:50 pm »

I swear, you all failed logic.

If ToonyMan, FoU, and I are Spies, then we already won. (We are three Pass votes, in addition to the two that already exist. ToonyMan and FoU sabotage. Spy win.) We are not doing that because we are Spies.

You need another team that includes one of EuchreJack, Vector, TricMagic, or BluarianKnight in order for us to not win immediately (EuchreJack already voted. Vector, TricMagic, and BluarianKnight aren't on the team.)

The fact that you say that's not logic is mind-numbing.

So, why don't you use logic this time?

Do you see how that works?

... Alright, I'm done with you, too. Too much for me to point out, and it doesn't help Town.

Where's Vector? Vector is smart, and I like them, even if they're a Spy. They'll give better arguments.

Could be someone else is the third - it's the loose end, and I've admitted to it.

Also; 'man this is dumb im leaving' is a terrible philosophy for a Mafia game - it's giving up, either because you believe you've won or otherwise.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 14, 2021, 06:57:56 pm »

You were unified with FoU and Toony past the first day - which again, growing pains of the scumteam.
Minor thing, but I believe I've always voted the same as Web since the game started.

Now why is that?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 14, 2021, 07:01:48 pm »

I like that you're trying Blue, but Web has already disproven both Tric's and your logic so it's a lot of wheel spinning for him.

Look at how exhausted I was dealing with scum!Webadict in Vengeful 13.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 14, 2021, 07:08:42 pm »

You were unified with FoU and Toony past the first day - which again, growing pains of the scumteam.
Minor thing, but I believe I've always voted the same as Web since the game started.

Now why is that?

I actually noticed that as well.  It's almost as if one of them didn't know the other was town until after the first day...Now what combo does that sound like?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 14, 2021, 07:11:37 pm »

I really am town Blue so if you want to convince me you have to figure out if Jim or Jack is a spy. Don't let yourself be blinded by one possiblity.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 14, 2021, 07:12:44 pm »

Now why is that?
I actually noticed that as well.  It's almost as if one of them didn't know the other was town until after the first day...Now what combo does that sound like?
We've known from the start Jack, but yes.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 36