Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36

Author Topic: Revolution III - Assassination Games - Rebel Victory!  (Read 30360 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Revolution III - Assassination Games - Rebel Victory!
« Reply #510 on: April 16, 2021, 05:27:13 pm »

Soon as that vote went down I knew there was no way we were turning it without completely burning our ability to push for teams. And well, web. I've been trying to convince them all game I'm not a spy, but they just wouldn't fall for it. Now I know why.

Web, how much of me being reasonable was your read and how much was the fact you knew I was a spy?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: April 16, 2021, 05:27:50 pm »

I was paying attention to Web's posts, since I knew that he knew who the spies are. I could use that to decide on what plan to vote. Then he deliberately proposed a flawed team to disguise himself...

GG. Except Tric blind-firing. That was silly.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 16, 2021, 05:30:06 pm »

You should never give me a gun Fal. Though I know I'm likely to end up something like Vigilante Miller in one of your games. The dice just insist I be a Miller in those.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 16, 2021, 05:32:18 pm »

Tric, I'm sorry to say but as a vanilla rebel you were obvspy the entire game.

Blue became obvspy by association, which isn't really their fault since they were trying a lot to win.

Vector I wasn't sure about until Mission C failed.

As I said in-game:
I feel so bad for Vector and Blue, imagine if their third spy was me or you Web?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 05:34:15 pm by ToonyMan »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: April 16, 2021, 05:34:17 pm »

You should never give me a gun Fal. Though I know I'm likely to end up something like Vigilante Miller in one of your games. The dice just insist I be a Miller in those.

join Dreams of Elan

Oh wait, you're already in that mini-setup.

Although we're steadily getting closer and closer to FBYOR 5, aka 'Fallacy runs a BYOR but it doesn't suck this time'

Tric, I'm sorry to say but as a vanilla rebel you were obvspy the entire game.
Uh. Yeah. This. It became more obvious after mission 2 or so, but it was pretty clear.

Blue became obvspy by association, which isn't really their fault since they were trying a lot to win.
Blue played very well overall, really.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: April 16, 2021, 05:43:21 pm »

To all Loyal Rebels (and rehabilitated Spies): Dreams of Elan only has 2 slots left.  Once it starts, like all dreams it'll be over before you know it.

EDIT: It feels SOOO good to edit my posts again!

EDIT2: Actually had to modify my post to edit my post, I guess the habit of NOT editing the posts stuck more than I thought...

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: April 16, 2021, 05:49:02 pm »

@EuchreJack: Honestly, you didn't do a bad thing. You made it easy for me to pocket you, so that there would be a good reason to put you in every mission. Being a viable Commander target isn't always a good thing. Sometimes, NOT being a good target is fantastic for multiple reasons. What you did was very helpful, and allowed the Rebels to get a lot closer to winning.

Jim didn't have a good reason, so them not being suspected was my biggest flaw. ToonyMan I could reasonably pull off defending, though.

Web, how much of me being reasonable was your read and how much was the fact you knew I was a spy?
Umm... My knowledge was like 60% of my decision. The other 40% was indeed reading you. Without that knowledge, I probably wouldn't've gone as hard. Maybe I'm biased on that. But, the other part was if I wasn't the Commander, I'd be going ham on someone, trying to find what I need.

I was paying attention to Web's posts, since I knew that he knew who the spies are. I could use that to decide on what plan to vote. Then he deliberately proposed a flawed team to disguise himself...

GG. Except Tric blind-firing. That was silly.
The thing is, I can't tell you what to do.

You needed to tell me what you want to do, and THEN I can say if it'll work or not. I asked you to do that specifically because I needed you to either followthrough or to come up with a different team.

That's the problem with following my commands. I'm specifically telling you what to do so that you can have plausible deniability on when you change it. I can't rely on someone that does everything I say.

I think the best way to do what you needed to do was to be aggressive on someone and then I could come up with good reasons why something could or couldn't be. But, you were waiting for my signals instead. I left what I could, but I wasn't going to be able to do more than that.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: April 16, 2021, 06:02:07 pm »

Ironically, using ToonyMan as a shield actually let me say more than I could before that. Unfortunately, ToonyMan was trying too hard to signal that they were looking for the "real" Commander and Bodyguard, and that made it increasingly difficult to make ToonyMan the real Commander. It's actually why I removed myself from the Mission D team, so that ToonyMan would trust what I was saying 100%. But, that did leave me open to being found out by doing so.

The hard part was communicating with ToonyMan about what to do. They continued to choose targets that were fine, but they weren't giving me information to work off of because they were too busy trying to signal to the Commander on if I was legit or not, so my new goal became use them as a shield on myself. I could reasonably keep who I suspected under wraps by following them the whole time.

This led to FoU picking the team I told them to pick. This was really a test to see if I could reasonably rely on them to counterplay it. When they didn't, I was locked into playing for a completely pure Mission D and E. On the plus side, if Vector had laid low, I wouldn't've been able to cap off the team that way, but on the opposite side of that, I was forced into a gambit that involved clearing myself and revealing the Spyteam simultaneously. It was very risky, but I figured I had left enough pieces to allow reasonable conclusions to be drawn.

My biggest issue is that I didn't leave enough additional Spies at the beginning and keep replacing them out as needed. I should've buddied Vector a bit harder, but I was worried they'd see through it if I did.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Revolution III - Assassination Games - Mission E - EuchreJack's pick
« Reply #518 on: April 16, 2021, 06:07:25 pm »

As that seems to be Hammer.

Kill Knightwing

God fucking dammit Tric. I should have probably explicitly told you to hold your fire before EoD but I was worn out.

(Yes, I also deduced that you were the assassin).

The funny thing was Toony thought Web was the bodyguard and Fallacy the commander.

This is also what I thought.

I did think this sort of thing might have given the game away:
Toony, Euchre isn't the Commander.

Web does this all the time whether he actually knows something or not >_> But yes, this was the post where I thought Web was maybe the Bodyguard.

I figured the scum would never expect me to get the whole team right.

I thought you had deduced it due to our shitty play and was trying to focus on convincing everyone else that you might, potentially, be wrong.

Anyway, good game BK, your start was a little weak but you grew a lot through the game, I was impressed.

Tric -- no words man, you gotta pay more attention and work on either making your town game less nuts or your scum game more nuts (I vote for improving the town game, personally).

Web, Toony -- also good game.

Euchre -- come play with us more!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: April 16, 2021, 06:14:08 pm »

I suspect Tric's play could have worked if they had kept further away from the other spies.  In other words, use Tric to find the Commander and keep the Commander/Bodyguard from communicating, while the other spies tried to sneak onto teams.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
Re: Revolution III - Assassination Games - Mission E - EuchreJack's pick
« Reply #520 on: April 16, 2021, 06:14:13 pm »

As that seems to be Hammer.

Kill Knightwing

God fucking dammit Tric. I should have probably explicitly told you to hold your fire before EoD but I was worn out.

(Yes, I also deduced that you were the assassin).

The funny thing was Toony thought Web was the bodyguard and Fallacy the commander.

This is also what I thought.

I did think this sort of thing might have given the game away:
Toony, Euchre isn't the Commander.

Web does this all the time whether he actually knows something or not >_> But yes, this was the post where I thought Web was maybe the Bodyguard.

I figured the scum would never expect me to get the whole team right.

I thought you had deduced it due to our shitty play and was trying to focus on convincing everyone else that you might, potentially, be wrong.

Anyway, good game BK, your start was a little weak but you grew a lot through the game, I was impressed.

Tric -- no words man, you gotta pay more attention and work on either making your town game less nuts or your scum game more nuts (I vote for improving the town game, personally).

Web, Toony -- also good game.

Euchre -- come play with us more!

Vector - you're mean!!!!
/s

It was a smart play to call me weak - albeit after this I don't think I can have that card used on me more. My issues mainly lie on that sometimes I find myself busy for a day or two (leaving me having to catch up) albeit my play's improved immensely since Supernatural.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 16, 2021, 06:21:24 pm »

Honestly, BK, you made it hard on me, and I knew you probably figured out I was Commander on my D2 play where I tied you and Tric together. I actually did that to specifically curtail you sneaking through and limit Vector's excuses.

However, if you had laid low on Mission B, you would have easily stumped people. No one would've found you, and you could use that to hunt me harder.

Big stretch on my part for tying, but I needed to get Toony cleared.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: April 16, 2021, 06:28:28 pm »

I was thinking that FallacyofUrist might've been the Commander but didn't have a specific reason why. When picking over the game for Mission D I considered TricMagic might've been the Commander since he was the only who had a perfect voting record on teams picked and it would also explain my read on him of not being as engaged as he normally is due to having privileged knowledge, but I eventually determined that was impossible. I also gave Vector and BluearianKnight an honest shot as well in case webadict and ToonyMan were a spy duo doing a phenomenally effective spy duo but figured out that couldn't be possible either.

I don't think I ever considered that ToonyMan and webadict could genuinely be the Commander or the Bodyguard and just assumed the claims were pure defensive WIFOM.

Mostly I just followed along with what ToonyMan and webadict did and found after doing what I thought was enough to justify following along.

And Jim Groovester made themselves not a target multiple times in a row by demanding evidence!

I earned my cap.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 16, 2021, 06:35:22 pm »

Eh, but we went on all the missions, and the Revolution won.  In game, we're probably leading opposing political parties for the newly-declared elections!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36