Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Custom Nobility not appearing?  (Read 779 times)

VABritto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Custom Nobility not appearing?
« on: April 04, 2021, 09:57:09 am »

Have anyone tried to create a large nobility structure and it didn't appear properly in game? I decided to make Dwarven nobility more stratified, so it looked a bit more similar to European nobility (I also made it patrilinial, because I like Capet-like agnatic dynasties and wanted to recreate that. Also I find dwarven succession too erratic and random...). I added a bunch of different titles. But for some reason only three of them have ever appeared so far (the lowest three tiers). Is it fixed on only three or am I doing something wrong?

This is the raws:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Nobility not appearing?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 10:08:44 am »

Unfortunately, yes, the [LAND_HOLDER] has a hardcoded limit of 3 tiers. I think DF simply doesn't recognize values above 3 for the token.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

VABritto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Nobility not appearing?
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2021, 06:10:57 pm »

Unfortunately, yes, the [LAND_HOLDER] has a hardcoded limit of 3 tiers. I think DF simply doesn't recognize values above 3 for the token.

Thanks for the information! That's a bummer. Oh well. I decided then to change it up and increase the complexity without resorting to landed titles. So I made site positions and civ positions that are not inherited but that remind me of the middle ages. So now nobles can appoint up to 9 knights and a Champion (which if the player wants would compose a squad), while Kings can appoint the same thing, but also 9 Paladins and a Prince Paladin (made that name up just to have a "chief" among them). I think it added another layer to World gen and people who become Kings randomly now seem more like they were part of some aristocracy (I see a random guy become King but when I look back his great grandfather was a Paladin or Prince Paladin and then I can pretend that he was part of a noble family so it wasn't that random lol)