Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: has anyone made an adventurer specifically to steal EVERYTHING?  (Read 3994 times)

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
  • i should really migrate my saves...
    • View Profile

i'm curious now. has anyone made an adventurer with the sole purpose of stealing every. single. artifact? and how well has that gone?
Dawnthunder: It menaces with spikes of tetanus
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

The nest boxes were immediately overrun by helmet snakes.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: has anyone made an adventurer specifically to steal EVERYTHING?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 09:39:32 pm »

It was my plan to do so once Villains was complete. Steal some artifacts for myself then form an artifact heist gang to do the work for me and terrorise the world from my underground base with it's shelves full of the world's artifacts.

Just gotta wait for this Steam stuff to get out of the way now...

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 02:41:06 am »

I hope you can choose dialogue options for "villainous monologue"
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2021, 05:23:26 pm »

I've done something like this before. It's easy to nab artifacts off unconscious people by grappling them and jumping/walking away, but it does require starting at least a fistfight. Yield afterwards and they might let you get away, or just run like he'll. I also found a giants cave with like a dozen or so artifacts in it, but that was up to pure luck more or less.

Just tracking down who owns what is a chore in and of itself.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

rake2005

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2021, 02:34:28 am »

I try to get as many as possible if my adventurer survives long enough, but most of the time, there are just way too many. Small or pocket worlds might be more feasible though, depending or how world gen plays out. Then again, wheres the challenge in that?

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2021, 06:43:33 pm »

I've done something like this before. It's easy to nab artifacts off unconscious people by grappling them and jumping/walking away, but it does require starting at least a fistfight. Yield afterwards and they might let you get away, or just run like he'll. I also found a giants cave with like a dozen or so artifacts in it, but that was up to pure luck more or less.

Just tracking down who owns what is a chore in and of itself.
It really is, it’s so annoying. Before the update on the night creatures I can’t tell you how many adventurers I lost to the boogeymen, walking around at night trying to get to the hillocks where it was rumoured that Brickwards the iron mace was last seen.

Like Shonai Dweller, I’m waiting for the villains update, where artifact-stealing will get, I hope, really fun.
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment