Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: coffee  (Read 27931 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: coffee
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2021, 06:57:43 pm »

Urist, at this point, the only thing keeping me vertical is coffee.

"Cheers bro, I'll drink [coffee] to that!"
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2021, 07:30:34 pm »

TBH, drinking my regular brew after not having it for a week and getting heart palpitations and shaking from it doesn't sound like a good cup of coffee to me :P I kinda like my set level where it is, where I can drink quite a bit and be fine. But I do probably need a break. It's probably jacked up my sleep habits for a long time.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2021, 12:28:08 am »

I drink One French Press's worth of coldbrew every one or two days (sixteen ounces), largely for the thrill of "I, Veckle, am Having a Treat!"

My caffeine consumption is all over the place but I mostly take it as an antidepressant, LOL. Along with my daily dose of antidepressants in the pill form. And my biking commute.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2021, 12:10:41 am »

For another perspective, I drink between 6 and 9 cups a day, and when I go an entire day without caffeine, I *don't* get crippling headaches. /shrug
Huh. Maybe you’ve had so much that your system is permanently full of it, and even when you’re not having it, it races through your veins. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2021, 09:45:48 am »

My take on coffee is that it is best to drink it without adding sugar or creams, so my body doesn't get the idea to crave coffee when I haven't eaten recently and blood sugar is low. Because of this, my body is very specific with two different messages, "get me caffeine now or it will hurt" and "some coffee would be nice in the digestive tract". But adding stuff to coffee happens often enough, probably one third of the time... sugars, spices, chocolate.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2021, 03:04:45 pm »

Oh god, I'm hopelessly physically addicted to coffee. I'm starting to suffer by ten in the morning if I haven't had a cuppa. Granted, I'm more of a 4-6 cups kind of person (according to the coffee pot, not the mug), but that's largely on account of being a slight person in general.

My local coffee shop knows me well enough to have the 'bottomless mug' ready when I stumble in bleary-eyed, which is super flattering and maybe 5% sad about my habits in general, but generally speaking, 'going for coffee' is the treat, even if I can make the same or better coffee at home.

I gotta figure out your coldbrew french press tech, Vec, 'specially since we're losing daylight on hot weather over here!

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2021, 03:06:06 am »

When I was not yet working from home (pre-covid) I consumed large amounts of coffee. The machine was to close to my desk, I guess. Coffee consumption has plummeted since, to 0-2 cups a day.
Coffee does not really seem to have much of an effect on me physically. It at least does not seem to do anything of note to make me more alert or awake, and I can easily go without.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2021, 03:38:01 am »

I actually have attempted to cut down - unfortunately "down" is about 3 cups a day. I'm pretty steady at 3 right now - so I'll try to cut that down to only a morning and midday cup. The withdrawals are just headaches and general weariness, but I have to assume 3 cups+ a day is doing a number on my organs.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2021, 03:02:57 pm »

My take on coffee is that it is best to drink it without adding sugar or creams, so my body doesn't get the idea to crave coffee when I haven't eaten recently and blood sugar is low. Because of this, my body is very specific with two different messages, "get me caffeine now or it will hurt" and "some coffee would be nice in the digestive tract". But adding stuff to coffee happens often enough, probably one third of the time... sugars, spices, chocolate.
My take on coffee is that it should be drunk with nothing, that it's heresy to add anything more than a few drops of milk, and that the only reason to add those drops of milk is that your coffee is shit, you have no other coffee available, and you need the milk to make it drinkable
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2021, 03:30:47 pm »

My take on coffee is that it should be drunk with nothing, that it's heresy to add anything more than a few drops of milk

Sounds like a doctrinal inconsistency.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2021, 06:54:32 am »

I only drink my espresso black. Normal coffee gets cream and sugar, because it's nice.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2021, 08:02:28 am »

i dink inst cofi
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2021, 12:55:18 pm »

My friend is roasting about a cup of beans for me. Hopefully I can get him to tell me how to do it when he brings them.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2021, 12:10:28 am »

My friend is roasting about a cup of beans for me. Hopefully I can get him to tell me how to do it when he brings them.

I think a fairly common thing is to roast fresh beans in a pan on the stove! I dont know much else as I've never found fresh beans to try that out.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 28, 2021, 12:24:21 am »

Coffee is a nice way to have a creamy sugary drink. Anyone who disagrees probably just doesn't know what's good in life.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7