Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: weapons, armor, and new metals modding  (Read 3268 times)

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
Re: weapons, armor, and new metals modding
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2021, 11:47:30 pm »

You are welcome. Have fun with your mods
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Goldenrod47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2021, 10:33:13 am »

so... i come back to this thread moths later with another issue because i took a break from my DF modding

so, i want these items to spawn in the world naturally, as well as be able to be crafted by my "dwarves"
the problem has come that things like "silver dragonsblood steel axe" still spawn and can be crafted
furthermore i only want certain items to be able to be crafted, cobalt cannot be used for armor or blunt weapons, but it can be used for sharp weapons like swords. dragonsblood steel can be used for armor and blunt weapons, but not sharp weapons

i have looked at other mods, they seem to go through the native system, even with custom weapons and armor, and not have this problem, i cannot, for the life of me, figure out why this is happening and despite my efforts i do not know how to fix it, aside from just going through the native system or getting rid of the natural generation of these items, which i would prefer not to do

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2021, 05:26:21 am »

1. other mods don't have problems with blunt-only/bladed-only weapons because they don't have those at all cause they're not something you can add
2. stuff like "silver dragonsblood steel axe" doesn't show up cause they don't name their weapons "dragonsblood steel axe" or similar, which will conflict with the material they're made of (as you have seen)
Pages: 1 [2]