Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to force the game to put dwarves in the world when other races are playable  (Read 800 times)

DwarfStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm completely new to modding DF, so I thought I thought it would be fun to try playing the dwarves in a mod, even though the mod I picked has tons of playable races (I guess it doesn't matter which one?). The trouble is, the first few worlds I generated ended not having any dwarf civilizations in them. The only control I could find in the world parameters was to force at least one playable race, but of course that doesn't work in this mod to ensure there are dwarves around.

Is there a way to force the game to generate a world that includes dwarves? Maybe I should remove the "playable" tag from all the other races? Is that possible without otherwise screw up the mod? And, how would I do that?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

You can get rid of the fortress_controllable tag (or remove its brackets) in each of the entities that has it. You would have to go into each entity_x file in a word processor, do a ctrl+f search for the fort controllable tag with its brackets, and remove the brackets/tag. Except for the one on the dwarf entity

Note; Tag might not be FORT_CONTROLLABLE, I'm at work and can't look it up
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

It’s [SITE_CONTROLLABLE] or [CIV_CONTROLLABLE], depending on the mod you’re using.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

DwarfStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks. I will give that a try!