Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]

Author Topic: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - An End of Sorts  (Read 38250 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - An End of Sorts
« Reply #390 on: May 19, 2021, 05:03:15 am »

In general, I think this format worked well (with caveats) for a forum game. One trouble with forum roleplaying can be that you can get stuck if one person doesn't update, so having players act on independent journeys, only sometimes intersecting, worked quite well. I allowed too many players which meant it was sometimes cumbersome update, but it did mean there was a nice buffer so it was no trouble if half the playerbase weren't about any given moment. Having a sort of amorphous tv-show-like timeline meant it was fine if a car chase lasted for weeks, long travel times meant people could always be assumed to have synced up when they intersected.

Ultimately, I just got very busy starting a PhD while working on commercial game writing at the same time, both of which meant I had less time to run the hobby game.

If/when I get some more time, and I want to run another game (Warped 3? Or I had an idea for a game about returning to semi-abandoned colonies on Mars...) I would probably take a similar approach mechanically.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Warped II! a postapocalypse quest roleplaying game - An End of Sorts
« Reply #391 on: May 19, 2021, 05:33:35 am »

Aw, just when it was getting good. No worries though NQT, live has been throwin a ton of wrenches into everyone's plans.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]